Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree875Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

Am warming up to Burnt Orange after seeing @ceepee's collection. Don't think I am quite ready for a Burnt Orange Synapse or CB, but definitely a DLBP, which will be in my next order. Enabler points to @ceepee! :) And then there are those photos by @Ilkyway of the Plum DLBP... Sigh...
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Am warming up to Burnt Orange after seeing @ceepee's collection. Don't think I am quite ready for a Burnt Orange Synapse or CB, but definitely a DLBP, which will be in my next order. Enabler points to @ceepee! :)
    Yay!! I'll save them up and redeem them against a Burnt Orange Brain Bag (I can dream ;))

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    My little clutch of DLBPs just arrived - Burnt Orange, French Blue and Navy. They are all gorgeous but although I originally thought the orange would be for me, I decided I liked the French Blue even more. So I have just completed a delicate negotiation with my 6 year old son to persuade him that he really wants the orange. "But Mummy, the blue goes with my eyes!" I ask you: how do they know to say these things? :)
    Got any pictures of them side-by-side? Those are colours that I'm torn/deliberating between. :)

Sent from my Iconia W4-820 using Tapatalk
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

+1 for a multiple Daylither picture!!!

Thanks Ilkyway for posting pictures of your lovely girls with the DLBP! At least it gives me an idea of the fit for my 6 yo son. I suspect it will be a bit long for him but I think it would be more than compensated by the lightness of the pack. I look forward to receiving my order soon. Will post pics of him wearing it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Ilkyway likes this.

WenV and the internal organization helps so nothing "jumps" in the pack when your boy jumps. My girls, I am sorry to say, jump over every stone, hop over whatever presents itself and are all together more on the mobile side. But all the importend/fagil thinks can be very good secured in the Daylight Backpack. I am not so much talking about the O-Rings, which I love, but house two compartments at the back hold everything very good in place. I put two 3D Packing Cubes side by side in the upper compartment and two Side Effects in the lower. (Just for scale, all of them in a vertical orientation). No rattling around. Than you have space for some comicbooks or what not in front of this and the outer compartment for whatever else is needed.

Ilkyway
    WenV likes this.

That's good to know Ilkyway, about the ability to store things relatively secure in the pack. I was wondering if I need to order a couple of organiser pouches or even the Q-kit to help with little bits and bobs that he likes to carry around with him but often loses as he forgets where he leaves them. Have to think about this as I'd hate for him to lose these pouches too! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    That's good to know Ilkyway, about the ability to store things relatively secure in the pack. I was wondering if I need to order a couple of organiser pouches or even the Q-kit to help with little bits and bobs that he likes to carry around with him but often loses as he forgets where he leaves them. Have to think about this as I'd hate for him to lose these pouches too! Lol
    How about semi-permanently affixing the Q-Kits (or other pouches) into the bag so he can't remove them/lose them?

A nice clean solution would be to buy some long key straps, as well as some heat shrink tubing (maybe 3/4" diameter since it usually shrinks at a 2:1 ratio). Cut the tubing to about 1/2-1" in length and slip a piece onto each end of the key strap leaving the clip exposed (so you can still clip it to things). Clip one end to the Q-kit, then the other end to an O-ring in the bag. No slide the tubing back up to cover the majority of the clip portion of the key strap's end. Using a heat gun or good blow dryer, heat the tubing so that it shrinks around the key strap clips. Voila! Unremovable unless you cut the tubing off.

I suppose you could also do this with some nice tape, but that could leave adhesive goo/mess on things. Plus, you get to use heat shrink tubing. Who doesn't love heat shrink tubing?!
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    How about semi-permanently affixing the Q-Kits (or other pouches) into the bag so he can't remove them/lose them?

A nice clean solution would be to buy some long key straps, as well as some heat shrink tubing (maybe 3/4" diameter since it usually shrinks at a 2:1 ratio). Cut the tubing to about 1/2-1" in length and slip a piece onto each end of the key strap leaving the clip exposed (so you can still clip it to things). Clip one end to the Q-kit, then the other end to an O-ring in the bag. No slide the tubing back up to cover the majority of the clip portion of the key strap's end. Using a heat gun or good blow dryer, heat the tubing so that it shrinks around the key strap clips. Voila! Unremovable unless you cut the tubing off.

I suppose you could also do this with some nice tape, but that could leave adhesive goo/mess on things. Plus, you get to use heat shrink tubing. Who doesn't love heat shrink tubing?!
    That's a neat idea, itsablur! It will probably work... May I ask where I could buy this shrinkable tubing?

Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    That's a neat idea, itsablur! It will probably work... May I ask where I could buy this shrinkable tubing?
    Generally heat shrink tubing is used to repair cabling, or to cover the handles on tools. You could probably find some at your local Radio Shack, or Home Depot. Black is pretty typical, but you can also find it in a variety of colours if you hunt. Handy for colour coding your cabling, or in this case, adding a little more flair of colour into your boy's bag. :)
    backpack and WenV like this.

Thanks! I'll just check out my local hardware store for this. 😃

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    My DLBP arrived today so here's a quick family photo :)
    And here I was, thinking "I don't need another Cafe Bag." Sigh.

PS: that coordinating bird is rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    And here I was, thinking "I don't need another Cafe Bag." Sigh.

PS: that coordinating bird is rad.
    Well, me neither really .... but, hey ho :)

The bird is a keyring made by Nici ..... It's a hummingbird .... apparently :)
    vivelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    My DLBP arrived today so here's a quick family photo :)

Puts me in mind of:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NhOeG-uTJxw
    I need to get to the color analysis website to see if I can sneak burnt orange into my wardrobe.

I tried to ignore the Daylight Backpack, waiting for a new Travel Dyneema, in the future.

But... my husband got a glimpse of the French Blue and said it was a nice color!

Cordura, might just be the ticket, to use in the manner of packing folders I got a long time ago. They were used on the Tristar's first trip.

The PCBP were used in the Aeronaute.

I first saw the awesomeness of burnt orange in the Skookum Dog leashes pictures, it looks gorgeous next to violet.

The pictures of French Blue and Plum are truly gorgeous!

Taminca Rhapsody in Blue and Illykway Symphony in pink and plum pictures are wonderful!

NWhikergal, many thanks for posting the comparaison picture with the S19, my EDC, The profile pictures are particularly compelling because they alleviate the fear of keeping everything secure in the Daylight Backpack by showing that the zipper stops high enough to form a bowl.

The allover zipper of the PCBPs make them first class for packing quickly and efficiently but I only packed clothes or other soft things, when using them as "Daylight Backpacks" before the S19 was introduced.

Hawaii's pictures are brimming with practicality, thank you for pointing out, literally, that the DP fits perfectly inside the WF.

Thanks you DH for his modeling, very much appreciated!

The inside out photos and objects inside the DP to help us with scale and day dreaming packing (you know the kind one does when thinking about ordering, writing the ordering list and during the long wait for the package.)

But, I think for me, the most useful was the one with the eye searing yellow item, (spring season, I am not because this is a perfect spring color pair), and the one in the other color gave me an idea for bringing my beloved CQPCs into service.

They have been supplanted by SEs due to the SE organization and streamlined form which fits perfectly alongside the FJN, not compete with it for real estate, the way the CQPC does.

So thanks to everyone, the Daylight Backpack has inched itself closer to my next Wish List.
    Last edited by backpack; 07-08-2014 at 02:50 PM.

JLE
    Here are my newest TB additions, with an Indigo S19 in the background for comparison. The Navy looks a bit smudged because it is - my older son took it to a school holiday activity this morning and smeared it with a concoction of shaving foam and bi-carb!

As usual please excuse the technical failings of the iPhotographer...
    Last edited by JLE; 07-09-2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Corrected colour of Synapse

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0