Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree875Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

What beautiful girls you have! Love the photos.
    I do think the backpack is a bit big for kids that size. I have bought my nieces (who are younger), backpacks sized specifically for their age group, and even they were big.
    If they like wearing them, however, who cares?
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

@llkyway
    I wanted to wait till my credit card's bill came in before pulling the trigger on the DLBP. This was on last Friday. I wanted one in French Blue.
    Tell your husband: self control is -> "(On Backorder until Late August)" T_T.......

I'll love to hear what colors you all chose later on, both for the DLBPs and S25!

bchaplin: they do have kid-sized backpacks. BUT they are just for kids. They want to have what Mummy has. (I remember having the same feeling when I was their age...). None the less, the five-year old is too short for now. She will have to wait. I will draw her attention to my Side Effects to ease the pain.

icebeng: I am sorry you have to wait for it! I had this with my second Upper Modular Pocked. I think the navy awesome too. If this becomes a major pack (meaning used very often) I will get a blue one too. I have many clothes in purple and there is something like too much purple in one go (in my book that is).

Ilkyway

Great photos, Ilkyway. And absolutely gorgeous kids with terrific taste in bags...and color choice!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Fun zipper-pulls are a good way to tell the difference. Or those crazy rainbow loom rubber band creations that kids here love. Do you have that craze in Germany?
    Ilkyway likes this.

Zipper-Pulls are a great idea. So far I have only changed the colors of cord-zipperpulls. But I have seen pictures enough here where people added colored-cord to metal- or plastic-zipperpulls. So that is, what I will do.

I had to google thous rubber thingies. I have seen them but not too much. But our family is trying to cut bag on plastic as much as possible. So it might just be us that are not realizing thous. (Sorry for the bad typing but my husbands laptop has no red lines under wrong spelled words).

Ilkywa

Illy way, your girls are precious! I completely understand the kids wanting bags like mom's, especially when so much fus is made over the brown truck, with the brown boxes from TB, who wouldn't get excited over that?
    I'm in agreement, the bag appears too large for your 5 year old, but the Small and medium cafe bags are nice sized for her. I haven't pulled the trigger on the DLBP, but I feel it's close!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

@ dorayme: I had thought Side Efect for her but Smal Cafe Bag is an even better choice because there are more colors for her to choose from. I will let her try out mine tomorrow.
    dorayme likes this.

My son (7yr) is angling for the small cafe in Kelly green. And some sort of robot thing. And a Lego set that is like 350 bucks! That kids needs to get a JOB!

luvadbags: I think I just agreed to Tom Bihn Bags because either they last them for ever or I get them, when they are bored. So it is a win-win ;-)

My DLBP arrived today so here's a quick family photo :)

Puts me in mind of:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NhOeG-uTJxw

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    luvadbags: I think I just agreed to Tom Bihn Bags because either they last them for ever or I get them, when they are bored. So it is a win-win ;-)
    You know, I didn't think of it that way. It is looking much better for his SCB now!! Thanks!! ;)

Wow, I love this color! Great colection. I have to get someone in my family to want a burned Orange bag. Now that I have two more candidates to work on... it should be a picnic.

And thank you ceepee for the fun film!

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    My DLBP arrived today so here's a quick family photo :)
    Dang those look so nice... I might have to get onboard the Burnt Orange train for some backpacks!
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

JLE
    My little clutch of DLBPs just arrived - Burnt Orange, French Blue and Navy. They are all gorgeous but although I originally thought the orange would be for me, I decided I liked the French Blue even more. So I have just completed a delicate negotiation with my 6 year old son to persuade him that he really wants the orange. "But Mummy, the blue goes with my eyes!" I ask you: how do they know to say these things? :)

I think the DLBP is an excellent addition to the TB backpack line up. For me at least it is far superior to the PCBPs because it doesn't look like, well, a packing cube.

At present I think these are a little long for my boys (aged 6 and 8) - their Synapse 19s seem a better fit. But nevertheless we think these will be perfect lightweight bags for family bike rides! :)

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0