Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree884Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @taminca You are, without a doubt, one of the most dangerous enablers on these forums.
    I learned from the best enablers here, including YOU, @moriond, with your amazing recall of various discussions, facts, trivia and anecdotes! And not just for TB bags and accessories... Thanks to these Forums, I was introduced to and am now hopelessly addicted to Larabars, Lush soaps, Salux wash cloths, Etsy, and others. And I keep coming back for more!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    you have totally outdone yourself with these posts. What a resource you are to us all in this forum!
    *Blush*. Thanks, @monkeylady. This Forum is actually the first and only one in which I have participated. I started as a lurker for months as I researched TB bags. Dipped my toes in with a few small posts here and there after I made my first purchase (an S19). Then I bought my beloved Imago from you, made my first "big" post as I packed for New Orleans, and quickly discovered how welcoming, helpful and engaged the Forum members here are. And I have gained so much from everyone here -- travel and packing tips, product introductions, smiles and laughs, and most importantly reminders of our shared humanity despite geographical and other differences. So a big THANK YOU to all!

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    I am both curious (and kind of afraid) of what to expect when you decide to turn your attention to the travel bags!! :)
    Ooooh.... I haven't thought about travel bags, @eWalker. Now you have intrigued and challenged me : )
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    ... but ilkyway, these are for you since you can never have too many!
    That's the spirit!

Ilkyway

PS: And I am right there with you about taminca having done a beautifully job!

@Taminca, I bow to your creativity in depicting different scenarios! :) Thank you for sharing another set of great photos. I have now comfortably carried my SE in the upper Daylight pocket thanks to your post, and you have likely enabled more TB purchases with your past photo sets.

@Taminca, I'll have to agree with NWhikergal on your pictures. Now I'm wanting the Daylight even though I just placed an order. This forum may ending up costing me a lot of money. (But it's well worth it😊)

Thanks for more great photos of the DLBP, Hawaii. It is really helpful to see it next to the WF and WF packing cubes.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

More photos.
    1. here it is inside/out. Appears to be lined with steel dyneema
    top pocket only goes down part way. Lower pocket goes to bottom of bag.Name:  insideout.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  69.9 KB

As I said earlier, this is intended for DH "personal item". First pic shows what his minimum items are:
    1. pacsafe 100 that is his EDC containing dpi pens, pill case, comb, iPhone 5, reading glasses, and mini flashlight.
    (fyi keys and wallet are usually in his pant or jacket pocket)
    2. ipad air
    3. bose noise-cancelling headphones
    4.light jacket
    Name:  tbpack1.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  58.4 KB

everything fit in with room to spare! so he can add his wallet to the bag for going through security.

this should give an idea of depth of top pocket area:
    Name:  tb4.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  83.7 KB

I placed the headphones in the top pocket, the pac safe and jacket in the main area, and the iPad air in the outside pocket.

Note the headphone case fit either horizontally or vertically in top pocket.
    THe iPad air (or iPad 2) did fit horizontally in the top pocket, but quite snuggly. It easily fit vertically.

Name:  tb5.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  91.2 KB

@RhoFro What is the color and size of the shop bag?
    I have 2 spare Large, Iberian & UV. Exchanged them for Nordic.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Ok a few more "what fits" pix:
    not sure if anyone would want to, but the co-pilot would easily fit.
    Name:  tb1.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  79.0 KB

I actually have quite a few eagle creek packing cubes as I know many other Bihnions may have.

First few pix show full size original type cube. It did fit horizontally in the bottom of the bag if not completely full. It easily fit vertically.
    Name:  tb2.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  84.8 KB

Name:  tb3.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  77.4 KB

Name:  tb4.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  68.3 KB
    and specter half cube
    Name:  tb6.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  65.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    More photos.
    1. here it is inside/out. Appears to be lined with steel dyneema
    top pocket only goes down part way. Lower pocket goes to bottom of bag.
    Are the two pockets about the same depth, even though they are staggered?
    eWalker likes this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Hawai your pictures are great. You and taminca make the time till mine will arrive (hopefully on Monday) much more bearable. I think this is the first time that my TBAS is event to be called bearable.

Your pictures help getting a feeling about the Daylither. I think it might be an overkill using the Co-Pilot as a bag-in-bag here, but I am happy to see, that I could. I use it sometimes in my larger Backpacks in that way and knowing that I could (if in a hurry) change backpacks fast and easy by just transfairing the Co-Pilot: what is not to like?

Thanks again,
    Ilkyway
    taminca likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Are the two pockets about the same depth, even though they are staggered?

The bottom pocket is deeper. I measured from top of opening to bottom of pocket. Bottom pocket about 10 inches deep. Top pocket 8 inches deep. Obviously something taller can be in either pocket and extend above opening.

Thanks for the information on the pockets. I was under the impression that both pockets went all way down like the pockets from TS!

Warm regards...

:)
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Ooooh.... I haven't thought about travel bags, @eWalker. Now you have intrigued and challenged me : )
    LOL I will be following closely your posts @taminca! !

Your ability to work with multiple scenarios is admirable!

From what I have seen you do with a single pouch, I would love to see what you would do with a bag like the NFTD that have packing cubes & dividers plus all the existing pouches, sacks and organizers for you to play with!

:cool:
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Blog post

"We want to point out a design feature we’re quite proud of: shingled internal pouches/compartments that, when packed with two pieces of clothing, say, a shell jacket and a fleece or sweater, effectively create a padded back panel."

Thanks for the information on the pockets. I was under the impression that both pockets went all way down like the pockets from TS!

Warm regards...

:)
    eWalker likes this.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0