Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree884Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Taminca-
    Thanks for your photos. Your ups driver likes you better! It is 5:20pm. Here. Still waiting for Mr. UPS!!!!
    @Hawaii, my "trick" is to redirect my UPS packages to a nearby UPS Store (just a few blocks away from my house). I've learned that they receive their deliveries in the morning, usually by 11am. I then receive an email (or I repeatedly refresh the UPS tracking webpage to see) when the package arrives there and is ready for me to pick up. And if it's a TB package, I drop everything and rush there immediately! You might want to check your nearby UPS Stores and see what their typical UPS delivery times are.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    @eWalker, I was not able to get the clip through the o-ring or through the fabric loop holding the o-ring in order to duplicate @scribe's method. The best I could do was to use two short key straps, shown below:

Attachment 6939

Another possibility is to use the 2 o-rings on the sides and double carabiners, as shown below:

Attachment 6940

Don't know if that answers your question.
    What about putting a double carabiner or a tactical link on the top o-ring? Then passing the key strap through it?

Name:  TB0560_24b.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  25.1 KB
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-03-2014 at 07:04 PM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    What about putting a double carabiner or a tactical link on the top o-ring? Then passing the key strap through it?
    Just tried that and it works with a long key strap and the result is very similar to using 2 short key straps without the double carabiner. Using one short key strap and a double carabiner does not work since the key strap is not long enough to reach the o-rings on the sides of the pouch.

Edited: @eWalker, I tried again with the short key strap and was able to make it work. It's very tightly stretched across the pouch, squishing it a little, but can be done.
    Last edited by taminca; 07-03-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    -- David Whyte

Just tried that and it works with a long key strap and the result is very similar to using 2 short key straps without the double carabiner. Using one short key strap and a double carabiner does not work since the key strap is not long enough to reach the o-rings on the sides of the pouch.
    You are the best!! I was dead curious to try this and still had to wait a week to receive my DLBP!!

Thanks @taminca, you helped a lot!!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    You are the best!! I was dead curious to try this and still had to wait a week to receive my DLBP!!

Thanks @taminca, you helped a lot!!
    You are most welcome! Do see the edit to my last note. Using a short key strap does work if you don't mind squishing the 3D pouch a bit.
    eWalker likes this.
    -- David Whyte

You are most welcome! Do see the edit to my last note. Using a short key strap does work if you don't mind squishing the 3D pouch a bit.
    Even better!!

This will be very helpful to compartmentalize further using the organizers we already have and making it easier to transfer stuff between bags!!

Perfect!! Thanks again @taminca!! :D
    taminca likes this.

Volunteer Moderator

Well, the Daylight Backpack is a hit as far as I am concerned. Indeed, I will soon be ordering another one. Way to go, TB!

Edited to add: I noted that the Side Effect fits PERFECTLY in the top pocket inside the Daylight Backpack, where an O-ring and strap is conveniently placed. (Coincidently, I'm sure).
    @taminca You are, without a doubt, one of the most dangerous enablers on these forums. coming on top of the pictures @NWhikergal posted earlier today, this was the final straw. Some of the extra details (such as fitting in the backpack strap pockets of the Tri-Star, as well as inside the middle compartment) and showing the CQPC (which I also have in Solar), etc. loaded up in the bag, plus Lärabars scattered through your pictures, really finished the job off. Aargh! I was hoping to recover a bit since I already placed my order for the A30 in Aubergine. But you've convinced me that the DLBP will also enhance the use of my Tri-Star and Western Flyer beyond what the 400d PCBP offers, enough to justify yet another Backpack! (Not to mention the earlier pictures showing the DLBP in the Smart Alec).

Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post

BTW, I was sent fabric samples on the paTirapack around Christmas and went 'meh'. Totally didn't do it justice. Curious again, I went for the double organizer and was hooked; now I have navy, olive and steel pp items and it's awesome. I initially felt the same way about dyneema - couldn't deal with the busy check pattern but tested the waters and now have a ton of it. Sometimes you have to sample and not go by website impressions.

Can anyone confirm what Coyote is? Not sure if it's parapack or a ballistic trim on the Founder's, now a bag option with the Night Flight. Please don't say parapack :) Resisting NF successfully.
    @RhoFro As others have said, Coyote is Ballisitic Nylon. It's also the color that has been used with the trims of the new Parapack bags like the Founder's Briefcase and Guide's Pack, so I can say that it looks great with Navy and Olive Parapack. I wish they would use the Coyote colored mesh instead of black for some of the mesh organizer pouch options. As it is, I've been using a Mini Mesh Coyote Organizer Pouch in the front zippered pocket of my Side Effect to hold Double Carabiner Clips and other such small items.

I like Parapack for accessories, and I also have the Lead's Pocket from the Guide's Pack in Navy, but on larger bags I prefer the texture and feel of 400d Dyneema, which is not easily from experience with the 200d version of the fabric (or from pictures). I also really like 500d Cordura options for the Double Organizer Pouches, especially for using papers in the larger (Medium Double Organizer Pouch) option.YMMV.

moriond

Someone posted on the Forum a lovely Olive pp Lead's Pocket as a Brain Bag accessory so that will be my next item. I'm sending back a few items that are currently unavailable since I've already exchanged for color so if anyone is looking for a non wasabi shop bag or steel BB, they'll be in the mail next week.
    eWalker likes this.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Yeah! My daylight dyneema bag finally arrived !
    Taminca has done a beautiful job with her photos, but ilkyway, these are for you since you can never have too many!

First of all, it definitely fits into the WF. it is just slightly smaller than a large WF packing cube due to the curved top.
    Name:  tb1.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  338.5 KB

Name:  tb2.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  399.9 KB

Also, for the WF owners, the small WF packing cube is a perfect fir in the bottom half of the daylight. I laid mine on top for you to see in the second pic. Bad color balance due to darkness. Will take some more pix tomorrow of the daylight in Daylight!

one more photo. I did actually order the Daylight bag for DH as his "personal" carry-on. Here is a quick shot, not fully loaded.
    FYI he is about 5'9".
    Name:  tb3.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  113.9 KB

Yeah! Also, for the WF owners, the small WF packing cube is a perfect fir in the bottom half of the daylight. I laid mine on top for you to see in the second pic.
    Thanks for this info, @Hawaii. I do not have any WF packing cube but might get one now. And so glad the UPS delivery finally came!
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    Someone posted on the Forum a lovely Olive pp Lead's Pocket as a Brain Bag accessory so that will be my next item. I'm sending back a few items that are currently unavailable since I've already exchanged for color so if anyone is looking for a non wasabi shop bag or steel BB, they'll be in the mail next week.
    @RhoFro What is the color and size of the shop bag?

one more photo. I did actually order the Daylight bag for DH as his "personal" carry-on. Here is a quick shot, not fully loaded.
    FYI he is about 5'9".
    Name:  tb3.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  113.9 KB
    Thanks! It always helps to see it on use!!

:)
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-04-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    Ilkyway likes this.

@taminica, you have totally outdone yourself with these posts. What a resource you are to us all in this forum!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

@taminica, I was revisiting your post after some sleep, deep breaths and chasing my inner balance (gave up on the peace for today)!

You really did an outstanding work and you did it so fast!! I just love your pragmatic approach to EDC uses of accessories and bags, you have reviewed so far.

I am both curious (and kind of afraid) of what to expect when you decide to turn your attention to the travel bags!! :)

Congrats on your beautiful new bag!!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-04-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0