Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Like Tree884Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

Too bad the lights were turned out, his expression must have been priceless!

Note to self: never read another Janine post during lunch. Fish and chips isn't really that good with a coffee dressing. -.-"

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I am a purple-girl myself with a genetic pull to all blues. My Daylighter is plum but I just ordered a SCB in Burned Orange just to get the color into this house. (My husband is not willing to jump the cliff jet, he is starting slowly with a black Brain Bag).
    I think the Daylighter might be the Cafe Bag under the Backpacks. I know you said you wont order multiple colors (FOR NOW). But if it becomes an often used backpack you might want to consider another color in your future without having to spend the same kind of money as on a Brain Bag. So you can be a bit adventures here.

Let us know what you decide on.

Ilkyway

Sehr gern geschehen!
    @Ilkyway, I wanted you to know that I finally made up my mind today and...drum roll, please...decided on Black Dyneema. I'm surprising myself doing this; this is way outside my comfort zone. I am a Color Girl, and I kept finding myself drawn to either the Plum or the Burnt Orange Daylight. But I wanted to do something different, and I really like the items I have in the 400d Nordic Dyneema [Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Swift, Pilot], so there is something about the Black Dyneema Daylight that appeals to me. It may sound silly to say this when ordering something black and white, but this is daring for me! :D

@eWalker, I think it was your many wonderful photos of the Black Dyneema Daylight that persuaded me!

~Nancy

ncb4 I think you'll love it! I liked eWalkers pictures as much as you and it made me think about black dyneema too. Than Darcys post about the how tough the dyneema is in real live situations... And as I have the cordura version of the Daylighter (my first cordura bag) I have to say: it is much more likely to get dirty than my dyneema bags. Over all: this backpack is so great!!! If I am not using it it is in an other bag to be pulled out at a moments notice. (Waving at eWalker for the great Pilot/Daylighter post).

Ilkyway
    moriond likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    @Ilkyway, I wanted you to know that I finally made up my mind today and...drum roll, please...decided on Black Dyneema. I'm surprising myself doing this; this is way outside my comfort zone. I am a Color Girl, and I kept finding myself drawn to either the Plum or the Burnt Orange Daylight. But I wanted to do something different, and I really like the items I have in the 400d Nordic Dyneema [Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Swift, Pilot], so there is something about the Black Dyneema Daylight that appeals to me. It may sound silly to say this when ordering something black and white, but this is daring for me! :D

@eWalker, I think it was your many wonderful photos of the Black Dyneema Daylight that persuaded me!

~Nancy
    Dear Nancy, I really happy to be helpful! There is a wonderful side of having a black Dyneema bag if you like bright colors...

It makes the other colors stand out!

Name:  wasabi monster.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  113.2 KB

I choose all my accessories Wasabi for this very reason!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-29-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

@Ilkyway, you have a gift of making people feel good about themselves. I did think of Darcy's post about Dyneema's durability before I ordered. And since I do have a giant furry Newfoundland dog whose favorite activities are shedding and drooling, I was leaning away from Cordura for that reason as well.

@eWalker, I love your photo! I'm already planning to make some colorful paracord zipper pulls for my new Daylight when it arrives. That will add a pop of color, and then it should mingle well with the rest of my TB family of bags, too. I also ordered a Wasabi 3DOC, an extra-small Wasabi Travel Stuff Sack, and a small UV TSS. Can't wait!

I can't decide if it's a blessing or a curse that I just discovered this thread, as my latest TB order shipped yesterday. I liked the DLBP when I first saw it, but now I'm in love. And as I just gave up my S19, I obviously must have a backpack replacement. Oh, and a handful of OPs. My incoming steel Night Flight needs some colorful accessories in French Blue and Plum and UV to adorn it!

Will need to bulk up my wish list a little to justify shipping another order. But this bag is now on the top of my list.

I'm so torn on the Daylight Backpack, want a French Blue one in the worst way! I already have a Synapse 25 for my EDC/work bag. It can be overkill sometimes for smaller loads. My Co-Pilot will then take over in that situation.

It looks like the DLBP fits inside of the WF but I already have a large packing cube for my WF and two small WF packing cubes for the other side. I wish it had the Cache with Rails systems for my laptop and soon-to-be-purchased iPad mini Cache.

The DLBP is definitely a WANT, not a NEED at this time. I'm sure I could talk myself into it, though, haha!
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

@JeffA, maybe it should go on your wish list for Christmas....how many more shopping days?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I love my DLBP for light loads and find the non-padded straps to be perfectly comfortable. Let's face it, sometimes you just need to carry a few things in backpack mode and don't need all that padding. I, too, wish is had the rails system, but I've just been putting something soft on the bottom and my MBA in the lower pocket. It kinda makes the top pocket useless, but I just utilize all the key straps for my pouches and organizer cubes. Now I want a French blue one too. I just got a S19 and SA though so it's really just a want, not a need. I think yours is in the need category though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff A likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    I love my DLBP for light loads and find the non-padded straps to be perfectly comfortable. Let's face it, sometimes you just need to carry a few things in backpack mode and don't need all that padding. I, too, wish is had the rails system, but I've just been putting something soft on the bottom and my MBA in the lower pocket. It kinda makes the top pocket useless, but I just utilize all the key straps for my pouches and organizer cubes. Now I want a French blue one too. I just got a S19 and SA though so it's really just a want, not a need. I think yours is in the need category though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TB enabling from a fellow Wisconsinite :)
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    TB enabling from a fellow Wisconsinite :)
    Jeff A, I'm just trying to be supportive!
    Jeff A likes this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0