Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree875Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

For what it's worth and hopefully helpful, purples/blues with oranges are a classic flower planting combination in the perennial garden, and particularly if you add a silvery grey. Just saying...
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    For what it's worth and hopefully helpful, purples/blues with oranges are a classic flower planting combination in the perennial garden, and particularly if you add a silvery grey. Just saying...
    So monkeylady, are your suggesting two DLBPs-one orange and one steel? ��

Thanks for the feedback everyone, especially the wonderful pictures. This is the downside of Tom Bihn- so many beautiful color options. Decisions.... Olive, steel, burnt orange, and black dyneema are all in the running...
    eWalker likes this.

This can be accomplished a number of ways. One of my favorite winter outfits includes charcoal grey cordaroy jeans, an orange cashmere sweater, toting my aubergine SE crossbody. But if two packs float your boat, go for it!
    eWalker likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

The more and more I browse this thread, the more I think a Black Dyneema version would be a great, non-bulky commuter backpack. I just can't seem to quit you, Tom Bihn!
    eWalker likes this.
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

Hi Guys!

I was playing with my black Dyneema DLBP inspired by all this talk about turning bags inside out and found an angle that may help some.

Turned the bag inside out and folded to match the bottom of the upper pocket and placed a 3D Cube by the side to add proportion and size.

Sorry guys, no Larabars around here. :(

Name:  upper pocket small.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  30.1 KB

Those pockets are amazing for organization they allow! Just wished that there was another set of then in the opposite wall. The black Dyneema makes the bag very pliable and this makes it perfect to use with packing cubes and TSS and YSS.

I used a small A45 Cube placed on the bottom of it without too much hassle... not a perfect fit but manageable.

HTH
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-26-2014 at 05:44 AM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

After posting I realized that would be better if the lining was different.

Still learning... Now with a Navy DLBP...

Name:  UP1.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  63.9 KBName:  UP2.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  61.7 KBName:  UP3.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  35.3 KB

@eWalker, can you fold the DLBP entirely into one of the pockets, like a shop bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    @eWalker, can you fold the DLBP entirely into one of the pockets, like a shop bag?
    Yes... I did this to take the pictures... it is easier with Dyneema then cordura... but easy to do with both!

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Something like this?

I folded into the upper pocket...

Name:  SC9.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  66.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Something like this?

I folded into the upper pocket...

Name:  SC9.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  66.2 KB
    Yes, exactly! Now I will have to order it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

@Darcy, can we expect all Parapack or Steel Dyneema options in the DLBP in the near future? If you're taking requests, I would be really enthusiastic about black parapack/steel parapack or steel parapack/solar dyneema. Or, if you were feeling really crazy, NORDIC dyneema/solar dyneema.

@Darcy @Darcy @Darcy

Canīt you see that this side...

Name:  DL1.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  79.8 KB

is jealous of the pockets on the other side?

Name:  DL2.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  116.3 KB

Making Puss in Boots eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Ilkyway and Others I called in to ask about the color of the current Steel Ballistic Nylon products, including the Side Effect, and they are all of the "bluish" variety. Luke's explanation was that this shade of Steel is the color it is "supposed to be". The problem is that because of Ballistic Nylon's difficult dyeability, steel doesn't always come in true to the target color, hence the batches of Steel Ballistic Nylon with the greenish cast. However, the current batch of Steel Ballistic Nylon Side Effects came in true to color and are "bluish".
    HTH moriond

moriond
    Just ordered a Steel Ballistic / Ultraviolet Side Effect. Thank you for checking and posting on this! It'll be the least obvious of my PLOs to go with everything and everywhere if needed. Sometimes Aubergine is too much and my Navy Ballistic one has acquired herself some very ping zipper-pulls and therefor is not very "quite" anymore... do not know how this happens, but matches the same colored Pilot who has gotten himself the exact same zipper-pulls... They have strong minds and know exactly what they want to wear. Gladly they all want to be worn by me.

So as you can see: I need the Steel Ballistic Side Effect and I am hiding this pink paracord RIGHT NOW.

Ilkyway

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    So monkeylady, are your suggesting two DLBPs-one orange and one steel? ��

Thanks for the feedback everyone, especially the wonderful pictures. This is the downside of Tom Bihn- so many beautiful color options. Decisions.... Olive, steel, burnt orange, and black dyneema are all in the running...
    This can be accomplished a number of ways. One of my favorite winter outfits includes charcoal grey cordaroy jeans, an orange cashmere sweater, toting my aubergine SE crossbody. But if two packs float your boat, go for it!
    Or accent your DLBP of choice with paracord zipper pulls in another color(or same family color) to pull it all together.

Aubergine/Steel DLBP/Orange or french blue or denim or ? ... zipper pulls for a little pop
    Aubergine/olive DLBP/Orange or pale turquoise or ?
    Aubergine/Burnt Orange DLBP/pick a color for zip pulls
    Aubergine/Steel/Purple zip pulls
    Aubergine/French Blue/steel, dark purple, dark Khaki or Taupe pulls

The combos are endless....I'd be here all night. :) Paracord comes in a zillion colors... solids and multis.

Open two tabs in your browser ... one with the aubergine bag in it and with the other tab, find good examples of each color you are considering. View side by side and see if any color combo appeals to you more than another. Might help. I did this with my WF and paracord color choices.
    eWalker likes this.

Some of you may have followed my exploits on another thread, wherein I endeavored to drive my long-suffering husband crazy by wearing my DLBP all the time. It totally worked. He started flipping out every time I wore my DLBP in the house. It was very amusing.

One night last week, when the weather was cool enough to wear flannel bed, I put my DLBP on underneath my nightgown. Then I brushed my teeth, sat next to Mr. Janine on the sofa and read some of my book while he read his. After about an hour, we turned out the lights and went to bed. I snuggled up next to him and he put his arm around me...and the DLBP. Then he got very still and quiet and I totally ruined the moment by laughing so hard that only weird, choking noises came out of my mouth.

Seriously, people. He didn't notice my new hunchback until we got to bed.

It's going to take me a little while to think up the next prank. It's going to be really hard to top that.

ps. In case you were wondering about my bedtime packing list, it was: SE with the usual wallety contents, 2 Flip & Tumble 24/7 bags, a size 2 TSS with a few granola bars and kidtreats in it, a small first aid kit, and a lightly packed Diaper Charmer. It's all my usual EDC stuff.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0