Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree875Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I requested and received on Friday a Kiwi Q-Kit. Interestingly, it was just a bit thinner and longer than the previous 2 I received, which were in Forest and Aubergine. Wonder if that size is specific to Kiwi or this latest batch of Q-Kits.
    Could be that since many of the smaller accessories are made from scrap fabrics, that's just what the cut sizing of the leftover Kiwi material was. Still, you wouldn't think there would be THAT much variance from one to the next, but I'm sure it can happen.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

I think it's a cafe bag

I requested and received on Friday a Kiwi Q-Kit. Interestingly, it was just a bit thinner and longer than the previous 2 I received, which were in Forest and Aubergine. Wonder if that size is specific to Kiwi or this latest batch of Q-Kits.
    Can we see one of your fabulous pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    I think it's a cafe bag
    Looks to me as though there's a black zipper at the top edge which, along with the diagonal zipper at the front, would make this more likely to be a Daylight Backpack. (Of course, maybe this is just wishful thinking).

Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    I think it's a cafe bag
    The twitter user posted 'ultralight backpack swag'. Tom Bihn retweeted it, and that how I saw it. I sure hope wasabi = daylight for the rest of us soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Can we see one of your fabulous pictures?
    For you, @kkintea, here are four photos.

This first picture shows best the size difference (Ignore the hand propping up the Q-Kits!):

Name:  QKit1.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  169.5 KB

A different perspective is shown here (Again, ignore the hand):

Name:  QKit3.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  90.7 KB

A third perspective (Look, Ma, no hand!):

Name:  QKit2.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  173.1 KB

Finally, to show the difference is not because of content size (albeit they are different flavors):

Name:  QKit4.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  134.3 KB

Disclaimer: No Larabars were consumed during the taking of these photos. (Only because I am about to head out for dinner.)

ETA: Ooops. Just realized this is the Daylight thread. Sorry.
    Last edited by taminca; 07-12-2014 at 05:14 PM.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I'm curious!
    Is Wasabi Cordura only available in 500d? Would this be the 1st time it's being used for the exterior of a bag?

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    So far, my favorite DOP color (in 500d Cordura) has been Cayenne.

@RhoFro I've been asking for pouches in Kiwi, too, for some time, but with limited success.
    Hooray Cayenne! Anyway, I feel awfully naggy every time I bug CS about Kiwi anything. I write them an email to ask about it like every other order. I was hoping for a medium Kiwi all-ballistic pouch, but I took what I could get (and have a use for) the last time-- a Kiwi pen case. I believe they still have a few.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Is that a Daylight? The zipper looks off to me...or maybe I'm just seeing things which is very possible :)
    Yeah, I agree with @jess. The zipper looks like it's parallel to the TB label, which shouldn't be the case in a DLBP (diagonal slash pocket, etc.). I certainly see why @vivelly thought it was a CB... but dare I hope this is something new? It's probably a DLBP in all likelihood, though.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    I'm curious!
    Is Wasabi Cordura only available in 500d? Would this be the 1st time it's being used for the exterior of a bag?
    I think so? Based on my really limited knowledge, Wasabi 500d has only been used for bag linings, Snake Charmers, pouches...

@moriond...?
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-12-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    jess likes this.
    ISO: Old TB stuff! But especially Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine MCB, Kiwi, Ultrasuede LSes, Pink Swift, Ego seat belt buckle strips, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

This first picture shows best the size difference (Ignore the hand propping up the Q-Kits!):

Name:  QKit1.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  169.5 KB
    All the better to store bars with! <3
    Janine and taminca like this.
    ISO: Old TB stuff! But especially Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine MCB, Kiwi, Ultrasuede LSes, Pink Swift, Ego seat belt buckle strips, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    I'm curious!
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    I think so? Based on my really limited knowledge, Wasabi 500d has only been used for bag linings, Snake Charmers, pouches...

@moriond...?
    OK everybody, I've tracked this down, and the picture is definitely a backpack in Wasabi. I'm going to start a new thread titled "Tom Bihn takes over the World". In the meantime, here's a link to a tweeted picture of people wearing this Wasabi backpack at the 2014 World Domination Summit in Portland, Oregon.

AFAIK Wasabi has just been used in the 500d Cordura version for the last several years, mainly because this lining color goes with so many bags. However, some Cordura colors, like Crimson and Sapphire, have been available in both weights, and the 500d version continued to be used after they stopped making the bags in the 1000d version.
    Last edited by moriond; 07-12-2014 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Added link to new thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    icebeng: My husband is looking with puppy eyes at my S25. But he wants to show me what self-control is and waits a few days more till ordering.

The question of color is not easy in fact. Both girls are heartfelt purple-lovers. Maybe it has to be plum but I have to find a way to distinguish them. I am thinking maybe something like dorayme did with her Cafe Bag (I like it a lot dorayme!). Well I have to think about it a bit.

Ilkyway
    You can use different colors of paracords for the bag zipper pulls for each person with a purple bag.

You already have purple and light mauve, you could add dark and light pink, just an idea.
    Ilkyway likes this.

@ taminca: the forest Q-Kit is the one they send you for testing, isn't it? Maybe they changed it a bit after this? Could you measures them, so we could compare the measurements to ours?

backpack: that is quite the idea. You know, I could bite me somewhere, where it hurts. When I first looked at the Cafe-Bags (and dismissed them because not being backpacks), Azalea (o so I am sure of) was still an option. That would have been the perfect color for my girls.

Ilkyway

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    @ taminca: the forest Q-Kit is the one they send you for testing, isn't it? Maybe they changed it a bit after this? Could you measures them, so we could compare the measurements to ours?
    Ilkyway, I responded in the Uses of the Q-Kit thread to not further derail this one :)
    Last edited by Badger; 07-14-2014 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added link to other thread :)
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

So after practice packing my DLBP with office EDC, I feel there's one thing missing: an 'O' ring at the top of the diagonal slash pocket. Gravity is evil and makes my pouches slide to the bottom, leaving what feels like a lot of unused space at the top :(

Otherwise, great bag! I haven't used it for its intended purpose of milk carton, watermelon, and TP-hauling (yet!!), but I've stuffed it to the gills with office gear (including one brick of a 2" thick book) and it still feels fairly comfortable. Straps are definitely okay even for moderately heavy loads, and I don't feel myself missing any organisational features when the shingled pockets are combined with my SE and an army of pouches. And I do think it would make a good schoolbag for kids as long as there aren't thick and heavy books involved.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-20-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    Janine and icebeng like this.

With the barbeque heat we call the weather here, perhaps you might wanna consider packing a coconut or 3 instead?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0