Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Uses of the Q-Kit

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    What are other available colors, besides black?
    There /may/ be some cardinal floating around. But cardinal-anything is hard to come by nowadays (I've never succeeded in the cardinal pouch hunt). Whoever scores a cardinal QK, should one come into existence, will be the subject of much happy envy here I expect!
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

All these pictures are making me want to get one of these little things and try it out. Enablers, the lot of you!
    taminca likes this.
    A45, MCB, SE; CP: Black/Solar; P: Navy/Solar; SE: Black/Iberian, Solar/Solar; MCB: Linen/Navy, Steel/Cayenne

In the US, I never worry about change, but the Q-kit was a brilliant coin pocket in Ireland, where coins are real money.

Best. Earbud. Holder. Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    Best. Earbud. Holder. Ever!
    AGREED!!! They may even sound better, too, haha!
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Reviving this thread because I rely on this little guy daily. My little Forest Q-Kit has become my mini-emergency kit. It holds tweezers, a small nail clipper, dental floss, lip balm, a small pocket knife, some bandaids, a tiny container of Ibuprofen, and a flat vintage leather men's grooming kit (with scissors, a nail file, and cuticle thingamabobber) that used to belong to my dad. And still there's enough room for a mini sewing kit and a few buttons. I love this thing!

My Q Kit currently holds tooth brush and paste, floss, two kinds, soap, Bic lighter, 1AA battery, whistle, tweezers, screwdriver, saftey pins, sewing kit, P38, nail clippers, band aids and one hand wipe. It is totally stuffed.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Wow, you guys are really squeezing stuff into those Q-Kits! Or should we rename them Bags of Holding?
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

I know - I am going to have to "test-pack" a Q-kit, haha! I have one in Forest (I think of it as the original, since that's the photo on the product page) that carries my phone cord and outlet charger, and the latter is so bulky that this takes up most of the Q-kit. I do have one in kiwi that I haven't used yet that feels softer and may be about half a cm longer.

One of our local toy shops lets kids pack a small velvet pouch with as many marbles as they can fit, and charges by the pouch. I wonder how many marbles would fit in a Q-kit?

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I know - I am going to have to "test-pack" a Q-kit, haha! I have one in Forest (I think of it as the original, since that's the photo on the product page) that carries my phone cord and outlet charger, and the latter is so bulky that this takes up most of the Q-kit. I do have one in kiwi that I haven't used yet that feels softer and may be about half a cm longer.

One of our local toy shops lets kids pack a small velvet pouch with as many marbles as they can fit, and charges by the pouch. I wonder how many marbles would fit in a Q-kit?
    You must find out! :) Your Kiwi Q-Kit is just waiting for you to help it fulfill it's marble-hoarding destiny...
    Collections:
    EDC for Work: SA (with cache) + CP (with workout gear) + SE
    EDC for Play: SA + SE/CP + SE
    Travel: SA + SE + CP
    Organisation: Large + Medium YSS, Small + Medium DOP, 3DCO, 3DMO, Small WFPC, TT, Q-Kit!
    Favorite TB colors: black dyneema, forest + conifer, wasabi, iberian, olive, burnt orange
    On my wish list: Large WFPC, Snake Charmer, DLBP, Q-Kits + LS (for my crafty sister)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    My Q Kit currently holds tooth brush and paste, floss, two kinds, soap, Bic lighter, 1AA battery, whistle, tweezers, screwdriver, saftey pins, sewing kit, P38, nail clippers, band aids and one hand wipe. It is totally stuffed.
    Color me impressed, @Moose!
    timothy, Moose and WenV like this.
    Collections:
    EDC for Work: SA (with cache) + CP (with workout gear) + SE
    EDC for Play: SA + SE/CP + SE
    Travel: SA + SE + CP
    Organisation: Large + Medium YSS, Small + Medium DOP, 3DCO, 3DMO, Small WFPC, TT, Q-Kit!
    Favorite TB colors: black dyneema, forest + conifer, wasabi, iberian, olive, burnt orange
    On my wish list: Large WFPC, Snake Charmer, DLBP, Q-Kits + LS (for my crafty sister)

Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    I have no idea what that means. The black thing holding together my charging cable is called a Gear Tie. Haha
    My bad - the Nite Ize name is Gear Tie - love them!!!!
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6