Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Uses of the Q-Kit

@griffcouch:

Thanks for the idea! I HATE rental keys. Why do they give us both when they can't be taken off the bleepin' ring?! And isn't it supposed to be not great for the chipped ignition to have them both in such close proximity?
    /rant

Anyway, here's my solution:

Q-kit with rental keys by nealopp, on Flickr

Cheers!
    Last edited by nealopp; 07-22-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Edited to, ya know, make the link work :-P
    DLBP (black Dyneema), Synapse 19 (French Blue/Steel), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar, TriStar (Black/Wasabi), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Just got the Q-kit in kiwi, and I have to say I'm quite taken by it. It is tinier than I thought and very cute. I'll be waiting for the first post by someone who explains how they packed for a week's worth of travel in it.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Hmmm, maybe if you just put in 5 credit-cards? That might do the trick ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Hmmm, maybe if you just put in 5 credit-cards? That might do the trick ;-)
    I like and truly appreciate how you think. :)
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

And you would still have room for a (small) pair of merino undies, too!

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Just got the Q-kit in kiwi, and I have to say I'm quite taken by it. It is tinier than I thought and very cute. I'll be waiting for the first post by someone who explains how they packed for a week's worth of travel in it.
    I am going on record to say that this will not be a monkeylady post
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I think maybe this one is misnamed?

But it does rhyme with Q-Kit!

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Two of the same size smaller q-kits just arrived! Dog owners, they hold two rolls apiece. Or, one roll and your keys?

Didn't come preloaded with treats, so the dog is already over it. But mom is excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooh, oooh! I'll play... What if it was a diving trip and the traveler just packed a verrrrry tiny bikini + merino undies - and a toothbrush? Would that cover the week? :)

Not saying *I* would travel with that - just that one might. :)

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post

Diving where? Where will you put your passport or shouldn't I ask?
    haraya likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Oooh, oooh! I'll play... What if it was a diving trip and the traveler just packed a verrrrry tiny bikini + merino undies - and a toothbrush? Would that cover the week? :)

Not saying *I* would travel with that - just that one might. :)
    Don't we need to count the diving equipment? Or would it be a sun bathing trip? So guys would more be likely to be able to accomplish this since er.... we have 1 less article of clothing to deal with?

Or........ use the Q-Kit as an article of clothing?
    Non-TB Forum Enabling
    haraya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Diving where? Where will you put your passport or shouldn't I ask?
    I guess it had better be a domestic destination! :)

Eeek! Ok, maybe a clothing-optional spa, with a very helpful concierge. Wait. That came out wrong. I mean, good at procurement. No, still wrong. Maybe I'd better stay home with my hypothetical Q-kit! :)

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Don't we need to count the diving equipment? Or would it be a sun bathing trip? So guys would more be likely to be able to accomplish this since er.... we have 1 less article of clothing to deal with?

Or........ use the Q-Kit as an article of clothing?
    Non-TB Forum Enabling

It took multiple back-to-back orders (yikes) and some requests (and you can drop the Q-Kit from an order if it isn't available in the color you want, I indicated this in the comments). What are other available colors, besides black? The kiwi is the softest of all these. Lighting is funny because I only get to opening my TB boxes after the other curious people at home are asleep!

Clockwise (correct me on the names) - kiwi, forest, steel, coyote, aubergine, navy

Name:  photo(2).JPG
Views: 311
Size:  957.0 KB

Very nice! I did a test pack of my virginal Smart Alec* this morning, in preparation for a convention in two weeks' time, and decided to use my matching aubergine Q-Kit for my phone/iPad charger and cable (formerly in a Size 1 TSS). The Q-Kit is the absolutely perfect size for the job!

* Thankfully tall enough to hold my dagger**, which has a 10.5" blade plus 6" hilt :)

** No, I'm not flying - this is in the UK, otherwise I'd leave it at home
    Last edited by scribe; 07-26-2014 at 02:17 AM.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    aubergine Q-Kit for my phone/iPad charger and cable (formerly in a Size 1 TSS). The Q-Kit is the absolutely perfect size for the job!
    Agreed - my phone is older so I have a separate cable for iPad mini. I keep my phone charger/cable in the forest Q-Kit and my iPad mini charger/cable in a UV Dyneema organizer pouch, where there is plenty of room to spare.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0