Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree347Likes

Thread: Uses of the Q-Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Katycorgi View Post
    Q-kit fits very nicely in the side pocket of the Imago.
    Awesome observation! Thanks, @Katycorgi.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  433.5 KB

My new Kiwi Q-Kit will literally be a lifesaver...it will house my Xopenex inhaler inside of my Black Dyneema/Solar SCB. :)
    Last edited by pinkknits; 07-16-2014 at 04:04 PM.
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

Quote Originally Posted by pinkknits View Post
    My new Kiwi Q-Kit will literally be a lifesaver...it will house my Xoponex inhaler inside of my Black Dyneema/Solar SCB. :)
    Sorry to hear you need an inhaler; I also have one. This is a nifty use of the Q-Kit and I am *not* jealous at all of your Kiwi Q-Kit. Not at all. Really.

If anybody gets a burnt orange Q-Kit you must post pictures! There have to be scraps of it floating around.

Sigh, my order just got bigger. :-)

I think this wants to carry my Bose noise-canceling earbuds -- they told me they want a dedicated home, honest!

I'm thankful that my asthma only rears up during extreme exercise or when I get sick. I still carry it "just in case" (had a cousin that died from an asthma attack).

I loves the Kiwi! I visited the storefront today & couldn't help myself when Matthew mentioned Kiwi being available. There are benefits to hitting up the storefront!
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

Two of the same size smaller q-kits just arrived! Dog owners, they hold two rolls apiece. Or, one roll and your keys?

Didn't come preloaded with treats, so the dog is already over it. But mom is excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Nordic/Solar S25 * Wishlist: New 400d Color

really starting to like the look of ballistic steel. nice pics!

Moosezilla - I spy Nite Ize!!! I love their cable ties - and S-biners size 0 and 2 - and bug lite....
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    Moosezilla - I spy Nite Ize!!! I love their cable ties - and S-biners size 0 and 2 - and bug lite....
    I have no idea what that means. The black thing holding together my charging cable is called a Gear Tie. Haha

Navy and Kiwi Q-Kits arrived today! I am happy! The Kiwi, interestingly, feels a bit softer and less structured than the Navy. Maybe Navy will soften up with time.

*Who will get the first burnt orange Q-Kit, or all they only being made in ballistic for now?*

Referencing the Kiwi/Wasabi discussion on the Daylight Backpack thread, what is the difference in fabrics between Kiwi and Wasabi? Is Kiwi ballistic and Wasabi is Cordura?

Is there a definitive list of colors and their equivalent fabrics/weights to be found? It would be helpful for those of us relatively newer to have this in mind when we see a particular color name.

P.S. Keep posting them Q-Kit pictures!

AFAIK, Kiwi is Ballistic Nylon, and the Wasabi used for the WDS2014 DLBP is 500d Cordura, the type used to line the inside of some bags and for Organizer Pouches. It's finer and smoother than the Cordura used for bag exteriors.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  156.0 KB

Kiwi is greener than Wasabi, too. It's a neon yellow-green that's more green than yellow. Wasabi is like the colour of baby leaves-- roughly as green as it is yellow.
    kkintea likes this.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

Q-kit is perfect to hold a small hand sanitizer bottle and keep it close at hand and upright so no spills.

Hello fellow Bihnthusiasts! I've just settled on a S25 for my edc and of course had to grab some accessories to go with. I ordered the Q-kit in hopes it would hold my in-ear headphones and portable amplifier (Shure se215 and Fiio e17 for those who care about such silliness). Couldn't be happier with the results!

I use the headphones and amp everyday at work. It's great to have a single pouch for them to live in between uses. It's attached to a utility strap and then clipped inside one of the side pockets of the S25. I don't usually keep a business card in this pouch, included it for perspective.
    Name:  Q2.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  49.1 KB

A peek inside. Left: Headphones and Amp below. Right: Amp safely and snugly resting in the Q.
    Name:  Q1.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  83.0 KB

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0