Like Tree323Likes

Thread: Uses of the Q-Kit

I just got two Q Kits today :)

I asked for navy and forest
    Name:  IMG_2426.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  530.5 KB
    So pretty!

perfect for a Swiss Army Knife, which I always have with me.
    Name:  IMG_2432.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  460.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2430.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  721.4 KB

It makes a nice dog house :) That's Pup, who guards my work table.
    Name:  IMG_2429.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  565.7 KB

Two of these little beauties landed in Wisco yesterday and made themselves right at home. One will be featured in an upcoming review. I'm smitten with them. Their shape is great and they are so friendly looking. I had to post the first picture I took of them—it's sort of a pity that the scissors are the most in focus. (I credit my iPhone camera skillz that do not pay the billz because I haven't quit my day job.)

I got mine in aubergine, and attached in to my LS. It holds my lip balm and some Life Savers. I'll have to order some more; too many potential uses.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  386.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    I just got two Q Kits today :)

I asked for navy and forest

So pretty!
    Wow! The Navy Q-Kit is gorgeous. Great lighting, @Rocks.
    backpack and Rocks like this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Uses of the Q-Kit

So far, I have discovered that my Steel Q-Kit holds my ball perfectly. My ball is king - it keeps me from seriously injuring people and from picking up cigarettes (7.5 weeks smoke free! And for those wondering, I didn't do anything special. I went cold turkey from a pack a day and picked up running again. Anything is possible!)

My Aubergine Q-Kit perfectly accommodates my iPad/iPhone charger, sync cable, and headphones!

I'm so excited to keep testing out these little things! I would order more, but I still have 2 TB shipments due in next week and one order pending. Must restrain myself...WHERE'S MY BALL!?
    Last edited by Moosezilla; 07-10-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Wow! The Navy Q-Kit is gorgeous. Great lighting, @Rocks.
    Thanks! As much as I love navy, the forest is the one that grabbed me right away and is coming to work with me tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Thanks! As much as I love navy, the forest is the one that grabbed me right away and is coming to work with me tonight...
    Well, I have a Forest Q-Kit... so am now coveting your Navy one :). Must not place another order.. No. Must control the TB Acquisition Urge. Where is MY stress ball?
    -- David Whyte

I really want to see somebody take some felt and turn one of these into a little mouse...the snaphook could be the tail.
    ceepee and Ilkyway like this.

Thanks so much for the photos.
    They are bigger than I assumed earlier.

Since I don't have felt to turn a Q-kit into a mouse...I will post the next best alternative, complete with cats. Yes, my poor kitties tolerate my overzealous photo taking.

Name:  Cat Qkit.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  97.1 KBName:  Cat qkit2.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  106.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    Since I don't have felt to turn a Q-kit into a mouse...I will post the next best alternative, complete with cats. Yes, my poor kitties tolerate my overzealous photo taking.
    @NWhikergal - well done! :)

Q-Kit Size Difference

From the Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    @taminca: the forest Q-Kit is the one they send you for testing, isn't it? Maybe they changed it a bit after this? Could you measures them, so we could compare the measurements to ours?
    Ilkyway, I think you've hit upon the reason for the size difference in my Q-Kits!

Measuring the BOTTOM rectangular base of the Q-Kits, here are the measurements. The Forest, which was sent to me prior to official release, is 2-1/8 inches wide and 3-3/4 inches long. The Kiwi, which just arrived last week, is 1-7/8 inches wide and 4-1/8 inches long.

BTW I just found another great use for the Q-Kit as a pouch for storing/transporting a Petzl LED Headlamp!
    -- David Whyte

For the past few days I have been driving a rental car while my vehicle is in the repair shop. As usual with rental car companies, they gave me both remote controls and a hard plastic tag attached by a stiff wire cable. The rental car has electronic ignition and door locks so I need the remotes/keys with me while I drive, but I do not need direct access to them. I wanted a way to corral the bulkiness - when my new Q-Kits came to mind. I borrowed one from the original purpose for which I bought it and found that it worked perfectly! When my husband drove the rental car he much preferred to clip the Q-Kit to his belt loop rather than put the remotes and key tag in his pocket. I have added a Q-Kit to my master packing list for any trip on which I will rent a car. Fortunately I have 3 more Q-Kits en route from Seattle, due to arrive later this week. This is my first attempt to attach images to a forum post. Hopefully my pictures appear below.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  398.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  393.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  412.3 KB

Q-kit fits very nicely in the side pocket of the Imago.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  104.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Katycorgi View Post
    Q-kit fits very nicely in the side pocket of the Imago.
    Thanks for sharing your discovery...my Imago just added another bit of awesomeness! :-)
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0