Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Fotorequest: Has anybody an Brain Bag in Plum?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    ncb4 that would be so great. I literally just got my first Plum Backpack (the Daylighter). Took pictures with my two bay-girls and am now sitting at my Laptop getting the pictures ready to post. I have to say the plum is gorges. I had a key-chain and a pouch in that color but was a bit afraid it might be too much in a backpack. But it is not and it looks great with the black trimming.

If you could add to Mr Doode picture that would be well appreciated!

Ilkyway
    @Ilkyway My first, beloved Tom Bihn backpack was the original Buzz in plum. Up until the time I got my Indigo Synapse, that bag was my EDC. In fact, until I saw Indigo, I was determined I would get the (then new) Synapse in plum. I'm feeling a bit guilty that I succumbed to ordering the Daylight Backpack in French Blue (after seeing @taminca's gorgeous pictures.) One of the questions I had was how the current shade of plum looks against Aubergine.

I avidly await your pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I just got a notice from UPS that the crew at Tom Bihn has already processed my order, so I'm hoping it will be here next Monday or Tuesday. I'll take photos as soon after that as I can.

~Nancy
    Nancy, the TB elves have been busy; I just also got my UPS shipping notice -- even though the DLBP was listed as being back ordered till August when I placed the order!

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 07-07-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    One of the questions I had was how the current shade of plum looks against Aubergine. I avidly await your pictures!
    Ditto! I have been wondering the same and am looking forward to @Ilkyway's photos!
    Ilkyway likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Photos are here!

Happy Monday, everyone. Happily, the UPS man came early today with my Plum Brain Bag. Hallelujah! So as promised, here are some photos of the bag, which I already love though I haven't had much time to play with it. [I'm returning from ten days away to be with my mother during back surgery, and you know how backed-up everything gets when you are away from your desk.]

I took the first photo alone, outdoors under a partly cloudy sky. This color seems fairly accurate to me, but to give everyone a comparison, I also took a photo next to my Aubergine Swift. They are definitely two distinct shades of purple, but I like them both a great deal, and think they coordinate. Which is good, because I plan to carry the BB along with my Aubergine Aeronaut.

Name:  DSCF1025.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  252.4 KB
    Name:  DSCF1029.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  215.1 KB

I also have a Synapse 19 in Indigo, and I was afraid that the Brain Bag might be too big and bulky for me. But to my surprise, I found the BB instantly comfortable. In fact, I think I like the strap placement of the BB better than I do the S19. [Note: My Indigo S19 is a few years old, so it has the older strap placement. And for reference, I'm a female who is about 5'8" with relatively broad shoulders.]

When I've had more time to play with the BB, perhaps I'll post a more thorough review. But I wanted to get these photos up as soon as I could, for those people who are eager to place an order for a Plum version. Hope these photos help everyone make their decisions.

~Nancy

First things first: I hope your mother recovered as planed? Everything went well?

Thank you so much for taking the time, and double so as you have a lot on your mind/desk right now, to take this pictures. What a fine looking backpack that is. This pictures help a lot and it is very considerate to take that second one with the Swift both for color-comparison and scale. I'd like to read more impressions of a woman using this backpack but all in good time. That you took the picture this fast is most appreciated.

Ilkyway

First things first: I hope your mother recovered as planed? Everything went well?

Thank you so much for taking the time, and double so as you have a lot on your mind/desk right now, to take this pictures. What a fine looking backpack that is. This pictures help a lot and it is very considerate to take that second one with the Swift both for color-comparison and scale. I'd like to read more impressions of a woman using this backpack but all in good time. That you took the picture this fast is most appreciated.

Ilkyway
    You are so kind to ask about my mother. She faces a long recovery, but things are going well—though she turns 82 on Wednesday, she is already tooling along merrily with her walker, so she's up and about. In fact, they're moving her out of the hospital to an in-patient rehab center today for a couple of weeks of physical and occupational therapy.

And it was my pleasure to post the photos; I was delighted to do it. I always like to share the excitement of a new TB bag anyway with the family of folks who, I know, truly appreciate it. I will try to post my impressions of the BB in a few weeks, since that's when I plan to travel back to Virginia to help care for my mother. [Times like this you really appreciate having three sisters to share the load!]

But if you have any questions before then, @Ilkyway, please feel free to PM me and ask. I know you're trying to make a decision, and you may not want to wait that long. So please don't hesitate to ask me anything, and I'll try to get an answer for you.

~Nancy

That is good news, all of it. I think your mother is very glad, that she has you and your sisters.

As for me being in a hurry: I bought two Pilots just now (one for my husband and one for me) so it is not a bad thing for me, to take some time for this decision. And it is not as if I did not have a Tom Bihn Backpack in the house ;-)
    But one thing is sure, after tpnl and maverick talked and photographed there Brain Bags up so well and now seeing yours in such a stunning color-combo there is definitively a Brain Bag in my future.
    Maybe I should ask if there is a danger of plum selling out and not coming bag. I think I would not be very friendly with myself when I missed this one only because it took me so freakishly long to make up my mind about it.

Ilkyway

Maybe I should ask if there is a danger of plum selling out and not coming bag. I think I would not be very friendly with myself when I missed this one only because it took me so freakishly long to make up my mind about it.

Ilkyway
    Yes, that's why I jumped on it and ordered the Plum BB. I didn't know whether or not it would be a color option when the new, $190 version of the BB was made, and I didn't want to miss out on the Plum. That's happened to me in the past with Nordic and Aubergine!

~Nancy

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We were just talking Brain Bags! And then I saw your post, Ilkyway, and thought I should let you know: it's true that Plum is in danger of selling out. We're working on the new/next batch of Brain Bags right now and we didn't make Plum this time. We did make Burnt Orange, though…
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We were just talking Brain Bags! And then I saw your post, Ilkyway, and thought I should let you know: it's true that Plum is in danger of selling out. We're working on the new/next batch of Brain Bags right now and we didn't make Plum this time. We did make Burnt Orange, though…
    *covers ears in prep for Burnt Orange squees of joy*

Darcy, thank you for the heads up, now I can make an informed decision. Have to find tpnl's explanations of the upcoming changes and think about it for a moment.

Want to laugh a bit? I just did a full circle around the forum to find a post on the first page of this threat. There where so many different Brain Bag Threats I was looking into that I forgot it was here where all the answers are.

To my defense: I am simultaneously watching the Hitchhikers Guide through the Galaxy and the insanity of it seems to be leaking. Love it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Darcy, you've just made me very, very, very happy that I went ahead and ordered the Plum BB! Though Burnt Orange is calling my name as well...still hoping and crossing my fingers that there may be a Side Effect and/or Little Swift in Burnt Orange some day soon.

~Nancy

ncb4 your great pictures did it, the Brain Bag in plum is sold out. And I did think too long so I wont get one. But tonight I thought, if I get a steel one I can replace all the zipperpulls with pink once and than I can change thous pulls as the mood strikes. I still think you Brain Bag looks very striking but I had a Pilot delivered today and I have to slow down the order-rate a bit.

To sum it up: a Brain Bag it will be and yours is the prettiest I have seen so far but as it is not a top priority it has to wait and I will have to make do with the colors available by then. Thank you again and please tell us, how it performs in praxis. I am still interested in the womens look out on this huge Backpack.

Ilkyway
    ncb4 likes this.

ncb4 your great pictures did it, the Brain Bag in plum is sold out. And I did think too long so I wont get one. But tonight I thought, if I get a steel one I can replace all the zipperpulls with pink once and than I can change thous pulls as the mood strikes. I still think you Brain Bag looks very striking but I had a Pilot delivered today and I have to slow down the order-rate a bit.

To sum it up: a Brain Bag it will be and yours is the prettiest I have seen so far but as it is not a top priority it has to wait and I will have to make do with the colors available by then. Thank you again and please tell us, how it performs in praxis. I am still interested in the womens look out on this huge Backpack.

Ilkyway
    So sorry you missed the Plum; can't believe it sold out so quickly! But I know that whatever color Brain Bag is available when you are ready to order it will be beautiful; and you're right about adding different color cord pulls. I have several colors of paracord and like to switch them around, too!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Just in case there are folks who haven't noticed-- the new BBs are out! Includes Orange and French Blue :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0