Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Finally, a use for that Simple Strap I keep carrying around!

And I thought it was weird to get corn on my pizza in the UK...

Badger - regarding your hot dog in a pizza roll, my BIL and sis used to have a "deep fat fried Friday" at their apartment every couple of months. The BIL would make hot dog or sausage stuffed with cheese, rolled in crescent roll dough and then deep-fried, and if you were really daring, you added chilli on top and fritos... Needless to say, a vegan diet was recommended for a few days after one of these Fridays.
    binje likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    ever had a BLT pizza? The hot mayo is a foodgasm....
    +1 for your use of "foodgasm"

Puccini's does a loaded baked potato pizza with ranch dressing, sliced potatoes, bacon, green onion, and a pile of cheese. Everyone says "ew" until they take a bite. It's amazing!

But then you probably knew that since I told you there was bacon on it. Mmmmmmm, bacon.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    +1 for your use of "foodgasm"

Puccini's does a loaded baked potato pizza with ranch dressing, sliced potatoes, bacon, green onion, and a pile of cheese. Everyone says "ew" until they take a bite. It's amazing!

But then you probably knew that since I told you there was bacon on it. Mmmmmmm, bacon.
    That sounds like a definite 'foodgasm' -

Not a big bacon person - but the BLT pizza is a definite winner....
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

In Madison we had a pizza with bratwurst, onions, pickles, mustard, and sauerkraut. Did I ever get it? No. But it always seemed like a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Melissa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    And I thought it was weird to get corn on my pizza in the UK...

Badger - regarding your hot dog in a pizza roll, my BIL and sis used to have a "deep fat fried Friday" at their apartment every couple of months. The BIL would make hot dog or sausage stuffed with cheese, rolled in crescent roll dough and then deep-fried, and if you were really daring, you added chilli on top and fritos... Needless to say, a vegan diet was recommended for a few days after one of these Fridays.
    Ooh yeah. Corn on pizza. I had a ghastly pizza once with mushrooms, pineapple, and corn, and of course I ate it (it was ordered by a well-meaning Irishman who thought that was what Americans like on pizza).

I think you should resurrect Deep Fried Friday and inaugurate it with a deep-fried, BLT-pizza-wrapped hot dog stuffed with chili, cheese, and mayonnaise. Because at that point, why the hell not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Janine likes this.

My favorite pizza has mandarin oranges, tart apples, onions, spinach, artichoke hearts and green curry sauce. I would totally eat a brat and sauerkraut pizza. And that baked potato pizza. But no hot dogs. And if that BLT pizza has lettuce - ew.
    Janine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by binje View Post
    My favorite pizza has mandarin oranges, tart apples, onions, spinach, artichoke hearts and green curry sauce.
    Whoa. Is there cheese on it, too? Or just this stuff?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

No mariachi this time! The Man-Person ordered and we ended up with Chocolate-Avocado and Mustard-Fennel-Chex Mix pizzas. Sigh.
    That is just all manner of wrong. I thought Brits were bad for making pizza with baked beans on...

(My current favourite is salami + roquito peppers *nomnomnom*)
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by binje View Post
    My favorite pizza has mandarin oranges, tart apples, onions, spinach, artichoke hearts and green curry sauce. I would totally eat a brat and sauerkraut pizza. And that baked potato pizza. But no hot dogs. And if that BLT pizza has lettuce - ew.
    Yep - that's the L in BLT -

But IT'S SO GOOD!!!!! It all meshes together in a mish-mosh of yummy...the place has a pizza buffet and if its not out when you come in you can request one....if I were a greedy person I would just put the whole thing on my plate but I do like to share - but not too much....
    binje likes this.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

Great idea to use the straps like that. These pizzas, though…..

Northeasterner here, originally a Jersey girl, last ten years just over the border into Pennsylvania. We eat our pizza with tomato sauce, cheese, maybe pepperoni or sausage or peppers & onions. That's about it!

It's interesting to read about all the other kinds you can buy, but I think I'll stick with plain pie.
    Last edited by KatrinkaWinkle; 06-25-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    jess likes this.
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Nordic Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

Whoa. Is there cheese on it, too? Or just this stuff?
    Oh, yes, definitely cheese. It's brick oven, too. The same place also offers a "trust" pizza, but sometimes the stoners on the line get a little carried away with that one. I'm surprised they haven't thought of chocolate avocado yet.

Ok, I need to get out more, a LOT more. With all the mentioned pizza toppings, I'd eat exactly three. Chocolate on pizza, that just can't be right.

However, I absolutley love the pizza box strapping!
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

And now I want pizza. Thanks guys :p

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    I'm sorry, but as a born and bred New Yorker, that's just wrong.

If you ever went to Little Italy in NY and said you had a "Chocolate-Avocado" pizza or a "Mustard-Fennel-Chex Mix" pizza, you would make people cry.

If you tried it in Italy, you'd be deported.

It's like putting Cocoa Puffs in Lo Mein, Miracle Whip in curry or Cheez Wizz on sushi.

Next time, heed the words of Nancy Reagan--"Just Say No."
    As a Jersey girl, and frequent eater in NY, I have to agree. There ought to be a law against this kind of food crime. Seriously.
    Frank II and jess like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2