Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: PHOTO ESSAY - PACKING CUBE BACKPACK (AERONAUT)

PCB + walking sticks

Thanks Trailhiker. This was very helpful.
    I was looking at the Guides Pack on your back--with the addition of side pockets, it looks really close to your arms. Does it come in the way when you swing your arms? I think they are probably too wide for meI am short and narrow!

looks great ..

S

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Shiva, Quick answer, :-)

1. Search key, "eBags Slim Lunch Box"

2. Black Diamonds, Ultra Mountain FL Trekking Pole - Black Diamond Gear

Love'em!!!

I find that it's best to use two, ( they usually come in a right / left set) and when u set them on level ground your arm should be at a 90 degree angle to the grip. When going up hills it's better for your knees as well as giving your upper body a work out as well. Very handy in steep descents. :-/

There are lighter fold up ones, but they tend to be non-adjustable on the top part.
    ( which comes in handy on different terrains and inclines )

Memo, when folding up the sticks I tend to use a sweat wrist strap or (a set of Guides pack ice pick straps as I used in the photo below) to help hold the folded elements to the handle. The bottom of the pole clips into the disk element.

Attachment 6764

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Thanks Trailhiker. This was very helpful.
    I was looking at the Guides Pack on your back--with the addition of side pockets, it looks really close to your arms. Does it come in the way when you swing your arms? I think they are probably too wide for meI am short and narrow!

looks great ..

S

Shiva,

Cheers,
    Well,you got the side view shot out of me !
    I don't have any issues with the side pockets,
    swinging and using my walking sticks. (and I'm pretty loaded at that shot)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  98.9 KB

Trailhiker,
    are the Side Pockets floppy like packing cubes when they're empty?
    Or do they have structure like the Lead's Pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Trailhiker,
    are the Side Pockets floppy like packing cubes when they're empty?
    Or do they have structure like the Lead's Pocket?
    Icebeng,

The Lead's pockets have an inset foam approximately 3/8" thick on either side that gives it a structural firmness.
    (It lays between the exterior fabric / hidden outside pocket and the interior backing of the mesh pockets.)
    On the Left and Right Pockets that same structural foam is only on the side of the annex clips where the hidden zippered pocket is.
    The outer side has more of a floppy character to it, but less than a packing cube because it is held in check so to speak by the the other side.
    ( I don't happen to have pics handy on that in my files) :-/

Note, keep in mind that the Left/ Right pockets have only one 3/4 length zipper and not the two that wrap around and meet like on the Lead's pockets.
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 06-24-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    icebeng likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0