Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Paracord zipper pull

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I read your wonderful directions, thanks for posting them. I'm not exactly sure how you use the roll. Would you mind making a video?
    Sure! But I ate the roll and it was the last one.

When I redid the tabs this morning to test out how removing the inner strands and crimping the ends worked, I used two slices of stale raisin bread that my kids toasted yesterday morning but left in the toaster. I didn't eat those, though. I just tossed them.

We're going to have cornbread with our chili tomorrow for lunch, so I could sub in a piece of cornbread for the roll in the original directions.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    This is just ONE of the eleventybajillion reasons why I love you Janine!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

It looks like I can't edit my post with the zipper pull instructions, so here are two supplemental photos.

First, the supplies:

Name:  zipper pull tools.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  74.8 KB

Next, a closeup of pushing the crimped paracord into the tab from the sides.

Name:  zipper pull closeup.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  58.9 KB

The video is uploading to YouTube now. I'll post again when it's ready.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

This is for you, @dorayme! :-)

you got yourself a cute kiddo, janine!

Oh my goodness - that video was precious AND helpful. THANK YOU!

Zomg, I needed a Kindle fix, but I missed seeing O! Thanks for making the video, please give special thanks to Mr. Janine for filming, and the boys. Please also give the boys hugs, because the deserve fair wages for all of their child labors!
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Zomg, I needed a Kindle fix, but I missed seeing O! Thanks for making the video, please give special thanks to Mr. Janine for filming, and the boys. Please also give the boys hugs, because the deserve fair wages for all of their child labors!
    Hugs and thanks administered. :-)

Did you hear Oscar at the end? He was shouting "SECRET CORNBREAD PARTY!" but the word "party" got cut off. That's from one of the kids' books, "Secret Pizza Party." :-) Kindle was paid for his work - in cornbread. He wanted to eat the slice that I cut to use in the video, but I told him he had to sing happy birthday first. He asked who to sing it for, and I said, "You can sing happy birthday to the cornbread." As you saw, he was cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    you got yourself a cute kiddo, janine!
    Thank you! I'm so glad that he remained seated for video because he was naked from the waist down. The other boy, who was off stage, was entirely naked. We had been playing in the pool all day! They would put their swimsuits on to jump in the pool, then take them off as soon as they got out.

Outing myself here as a bit dumb...what is a Kings Hawaiian roll?
    I loved your tutorial!! Am so glad that you can reuse the plastic zipper taps...I was thinking to order spare ones for when I want to change the colour of the paracord...glad I dont have to. :)

Oh....missed page 2...sorry...:P Thanks for the video!!! :) that was just precious, your boy is too cute!
    Last edited by vivelly; 06-22-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Hugs and thanks administered. :-)

Did you hear Oscar at the end? He was shouting "SECRET CORNBREAD PARTY!" but the word "party" got cut off.
    I figured you would "pay" them, the extra hugs were meant to be from me :)

I heard Oscar a little in the middle, and I figured that was him at the end, but I wasn't sure, and I definitely wasn't sure what he said, but Secret Cornbread Party! Is the best! I kind of can't believe how big they are getting to be. But then again, I have a hard time with my own kids growing older before my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    Outing myself here as a bit dumb...what is a Kings Hawaiian roll?
    I loved your tutorial!! Am so glad that you can reuse the plastic zipper taps...I was thinking to order spare ones for when I want to change the colour of the paracord...glad I dont have to. :)
    Nope, you aren't dumb! You just need to be introduced to the deliciousness of the rolls! Bread, Rolls, Sweet Bread, Sweet Rolls & Hawaiian Bread | King's Hawaiian Bakery

And nope, you don't *need* to buy extra pulls but you might want to have a spare set handy if you think you're going to crazy with the paracord. I scratched one of my tabs when I was figuring out how to pop them open with the knife.
    vivelly likes this.

Janine,

This is awesome! Thanks so much for the tutorial and for brightening my day with the video of your little guy. I have no TB bags in my possession yet, but that will change at the end of this week. I think I will order some paracord, and already have the needed tools and cutting mat due to another hobby.
    Janine likes this.

So after watching Janine's video, I errantly clicked one of the thumbnails on the Youtube window and a video for this popped up. Even though I have never found myself in a "survival" situation, I now believe I must have one. Anybody have any experience with this product? Those of you who might use such a thing, thoughts? It just looked ever so handy, like it might one day save my life.
    eWalker likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0