• 3 Post By moriond
  • 8 Post By Badger
  • 10 Post By atarango1
  • 2 Post By Yoda Sloth
  • 4 Post By Mausermama
  • 1 Post By binje

Thread: The Tri-Star is everything...

The Tri-Star is everything...

For a year I have been salivating over the Tri-star. Thinking about it, obsessing. Clearly I had Tristaritis. Only cured by just pulling the trigger and buying one.....

Today it came.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  453.9 KB

I bought the Tri-Star, two cubes (one big, one half sized) a travel tray and a double zipper pouch (also in aubergrine.)
    Those of you who may remember my previous post know that I have a purple problem (and blue too, my synapse 25 is blue, my pilot is Nordic. My new car, blue. It would have been purple if it came in that color, but I digress.)

My main concern right away was, would I be able to pack easily in it? And would Sharky fit? (Grown woman who sleeps with a stuffed animal, I know. Hold the judgement.) Now I plan to not one bag it (meaning I would have a tote bag for knitting and my iPad, etc), so I quickly threw together stuff for a summer four day trip. I have one coming up where I will be going to the mountains of North Carolina at the end of July to visit an artist friend who lives up there.

Views: 594
Size:  437.0 KB

I filled the large packing cube with clothes-- two pairs of capris, two tops, two dresses, one set of sleepwear. The eagle creek cube has underwear, and socks. The eagle creek pouch holds my travel hair dryer and hair iron. (Yes I'm vain, I don't apologize). Also there is a makeup bag, a 311 bag, a lightweight outdoor research hat, a pair of chacos, the travel tray, a small purse, and Sharky. As you can see this is all sort of thrown together as simulated packing. My guess is with better choices and more care I could get much more in here.

I put the clothes in the back pocket (in the cube. I also have an eagle creek packing folder I could use). I added the underwear, toiletries, hair dryer and iron, hat, travel tray, etc in the middle.

Views: 596
Size:  402.1 KB

Sharky, shoes and the purse in the front. It all fit with buckets of room.

Views: 576
Size:  404.2 KB

It's a keeper. It was lighter than expected once swung on my back.

When I actually go to North Carolina in July I'll post the actual packing list and a review of how the Tri Star worked out. Wheel-less travel, here I come!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by atarango1; 06-11-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Awesome photos, atarango1!
    And I am judging you regarding Sharky right now - You are way too cool! ^.^

Volunteer Moderator
    @atarango1 So glad you like your Tri-Star! The Aubergine looks beautiful. I just took my first trip (flying) with the Tri-Star + Pilot combination last week (using the 400d Dyneema Pilot), which is a new configuration for me. Technically, everything fit into one bag, but I separately carried the Pilot outside of the Tri-Star as a personal item, and really liked the light weight and flexibility of the Dyneema (even with a MacBook Air).

Have a great trip with your new Tri-Star, and hope your new car takes you on more enjoyable and less "adventurous" journeys (at least ones where the adventures are ones you want to have!)

moriond

Why would anyone judge you for Sharky when he is so rad?

At times I also travel with a shark, also named Sharky. He is a little foam stress ball from an aquarium somewhere. He was given to me by my former supervisor, who was of the opinion that I was tightly wound. [Why??? WAS IT BECAUSE I NEVER SMILED???]

Sharky is a mini pillow pet btw-- I sleep with him up against my right arm so I don't bend it. He's nicer than the big brace I'm supposed to wear for my ulnar neuropathy. He also makes a nice in-flight pillow.

Btw, my cat Milo is kind of in love with the Shipping box my Tri Star came in

Views: 502
Size:  618.9 KB

What is it with cats and boxes?

;)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @atarango1 So glad you like your Tri-Star! The Aubergine looks beautiful. I just took my first trip (flying) with the Tri-Star + Pilot combination last week (using the 400d Dyneema Pilot), which is a new configuration for me. Technically, everything fit into one bag, but I separately carried the Pilot outside of the Tri-Star as a personal item, and really liked the light weight and flexibility of the Dyneema (even with a MacBook Air).

Have a great trip with your new Tri-Star, and hope your new car takes you on more enjoyable and less "adventurous" journeys (at least ones where the adventures are ones you want to have!)

moriond
    @moriond Can you post some pictures of your Dyneema Pilot? I am thinking seriously about an A30 + Pilot combo for business travels!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

I have the Nordic (dyneema) Pilot and have been using it for business travel - love it! Everything has a place, and stays there, so is not in my way.

Some photos here: Look what fits in my new Pilot!

And in black here: Can anyone point me to a photo of a Black Dyneema/Wasabi Co-Pilot or Pilot?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Sloth View Post
    I have the Nordic (dyneema) Pilot and have been using it for business travel - love it! Everything has a place, and stays there, so is not in my way.

Some photos here: Look what fits in my new Pilot!

And in black here: Can anyone point me to a photo of a Black Dyneema/Wasabi Co-Pilot or Pilot?
    Thanks a lot!

Loved to know that the PCSB fits on the Pilot! :D

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Aww! Your kitty is so cute! My cats love those boxes as well!

And I love Sharky. I have a slightly torn rotator cuff along with bursitis and tendonosis in my left shoulder, so I also have to brace my shoulder. I just have a small pillow. Sharky would be much nicer, except I'm concerned his furry exterior would exacerbate my middle-age-womanly-I'm-HOT!-in-the-middle-of-the-night-ness! If I could stuff him with an ice pack, though. Now that would work!!!

Enjoy Western NC! It looks like the TS will handle all very well AND you've got the right shoes for blending in with the natives. Are you going to be able to check out the Southern Highland Craft Fair?
    eWalker likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0