Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: My Nordic Family Photo

My Nordic Family Photo

I got my last Nordic order today, and thought it's high time I get the gang together for a nice family photo. I didn't truly realize how much I had until I kept having to go back into the house to get it all.

My son came out to hold my camera reflector, and said, "Mom, is that ALL your Tom Bihn stuff?"

I laughed. "No, sweetie, this is just the stuff in Nordic Dyneema."

"Mom," he says, soberly, "You have a problem."

Problem? What problem? I don't have a problem. I'm fine. (He doesn't think I have a problem when he visits his grandparents and needs my Synapse 19 for the plane).

Name:  nordic900.jpeg
Views: 495
Size:  233.0 KB

L-R

Swift
    Synapse 19
    Synapse 25
    Co-Pilot
    Aeronaut
    Travel Tray
    Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack
    Large Cafe Bag
    Medium Cafe Bag (lined with Solar, soft strap)
    Medium Cafe Bag (lined with Ultraviolet, stiffer strap)

Small Cafe Bag
    Side Effect
    Packing Cube Shoulder Bag
    Smart Alec
    Lower Modular Pocket
    Last edited by Hollie; 06-11-2014 at 05:18 PM.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

That's a really great looking family! Congratulations! :D

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Hollie likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Holy moly. I thought I was cool with my two TB bags.. Ha!

Wow!! Stunning! Love how your picture shows the depth of hues in Nordic - the color changes subtly as you go from sun to shade in the photo.
    Hollie and eWalker like this.

No shop bags???
    ETA: more importantly - OMG! That's awesome!!!

Holy Nordic (no pun intended Hollie)! Fantastic matching collection!

... I second the purchase of Nordic Shop Bags (large and small) ... and a Nordic Tri-Star PCBP while you are at it ... before stock of this discontinued color is gone :(

Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

[QUOTE=Hollie;67609] "Mom," he says, soberly, "You have a problem."

When Judge Dredd arrived at my office on the jumbo box, I was told "You have a problem". My fault. I usually avoid the co-working hazing by shipping to home but it was a startling misdirection. Tried to tell them don't walk this way, but then they got curious and there was no turning back.

Some of my favorite razzes:
    "Didn't you just buy a bag for your trip to Budapest last year?"
    Last year? This isn't an eclipse. We're going to be seeing the boxes way more regularly than once in a blue moon.
    "Look at all that stuff! Which one did they throw in for free after you wiped out their warehouse?"
    Wrong time of year, sir, to be looking for limited edition gifties.
    "You should name your next dog Tom Bihn."
    If it got me a frequent buyer's punch card, I'd seriously consider it.

Amazingly, at no time during my hazings, have I been asked "What are you going to do with all that stuff?" Do you think they're wise enough not to open Pandora's Box (a.k.a. a sermon on Bihn utility as I see it). LOL
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Just need these and you are set.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  83.3 KB

Oh my gosh! What brand are those!? What's funny is that I can't tell if that's a current photo or one from the 80's....
    eWalker likes this.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

[QUOTE=RhoFro;67624]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    "Mom," he says, soberly, "You have a problem."

When Judge Dredd arrived at my office on the jumbo box, I was told "You have a problem". My fault. I usually avoid the co-working hazing by shipping to home but it was a startling misdirection. Tried to tell them don't walk this way, but then they got curious and there was no turning back.

Some of my favorite razzes:
    "Didn't you just buy a bag for your trip to Budapest last year?"
    Last year? This isn't an eclipse. We're going to be seeing the boxes way more regularly than once in a blue moon.
    "Look at all that stuff! Which one did they throw in for free after you wiped out their warehouse?"
    Wrong time of year, sir, to be looking for limited edition gifties.
    "You should name your next dog Tom Bihn."
    If it got me a frequent buyer's punch card, I'd seriously consider it.

Amazingly, at no time during my hazings, have I been asked "What are you going to do with all that stuff?" Do you think they're wise enough not to open Pandora's Box (a.k.a. a sermon on Bihn utility as I see it). LOL
    Haha! You know, no one ever asks me what I'm going to do with them, either. They just sort of nod in what I choose to believe is respect and awe.

My son, helping me haul them all back upstairs, says, "I'm going to call them all Tom Bihns."

"What? The bags?"

"Yeah, instead of 'bags' I'm going to call them 'Tom Bihns'."

"Honey, you realize Tom Bihn is an actual person, right? He's the person who originally designed these bags, the company that makes these bags belongs to him. His name doesn't mean 'bag'. He's a human being."

"Oh I just thought that was the name of, like, a kind of bag."

I laughed so hard I almost dropped my armful of Nordic.

I think he is right!

It's like saying that Julia Roberts went to Oscar nomination wearing a Tom Ford! :)

Last edited by eWalker; 06-11-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    Hollie and icebeng like this.

You go around wearing a Tom Bihn! :D

Hollie and icebeng like this.

Given the markings, I would say they were Asics brand running shoes. You would be so coordinated with those on and using your Nordic TB bag!

Cheers!
    Zephyr/SA/BB (Black/Black/Steel), S25/TS/WF/A45 (Black/Iberian), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    You go around wearing a Tom Bihn! :D

Yeah! He's so used to me talking about my "Tom Bihn bags", I think he just thinks of them as THE BRAND, the way Kleenex means facial tissue. It just cracked me up, and of course he couldn't see what was so funny. Those adults and their mysterious senses of humor...

It'll be even better some day when we're out and he identifies one in the wild and compliments someone. "Oh, nice Tom Bihn Cafe Bag," from an 11-year-old boy.

Hollie,

Quick!!
    There is an orphaned small and large Nordic shop bag calling your name!
    You can't have a family reunion without them!
    Tick tock, before they are forever gone!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0