Like Tree21Likes
  • 10 Post By flaneuse
  • 2 Post By Mausermama
  • 4 Post By spindlitis
  • 1 Post By flaneuse
  • 4 Post By chrome64

Thread: A couple quick thoughts on the TB Quiver as a spindle bag

A couple quick thoughts on the TB Quiver as a spindle bag

It's fantastic! I like that the ballistic fabric has an inherent stability and structure so it doesn't sag. The base is cushioned and covered in dyneema on the interior, which will help prevent damage if I happen to drop the bag or set it down roughly. It balances well, even with just a spindle in it. This bag still won't protect the spindle from getting crushed if some one happens to sit, step or drop something heavy on top of the bag, but in fairness there are very few bags/cases on the market to protect spindles from those accidents. I like that it has attachment points--you can easily clip it into a bag or clip a strap to it. It fits perfectly in the S25 main compartment, it fits well in the swift, and it fits in, but towers over, the little swift. I doubt I would use this for anything but car or rail travel. I would not want to risk having a TSA agent confiscate my spindle. I've mailed them back and forth with USPS just fine.

So far fiber does not seem to stick to the interior of the bag. The other side of the ballistic fabric has a coating (I'm guessing it is water resistant) on it that makes it pretty smooth.

Both my Tibetan spindle (12") and my Turkish (10") fit. Finding a bag that would accommodate the whorl of the Turkish was one of the key factors in buying this bag. I can easily fit one of the spindles, a support bowl, and lots of fiber. You could easily throw in a niddy noddy (dissembled) and a nostepine.

I don't think I have any photos of this, but the top of the bag draws shut very well. Nothing would be at risk for slipping out.

In the Black Dyneema S25:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  420.1 KB

In the Steel Dyneema Swift:
Views: 409
Size:  972.1 KB

In the Little Swift:
Views: 412
Size:  411.8 KB

What fits in (with room to spare):
Views: 405
Size:  892.9 KB

With a Tibetan spindle and fiber:
Views: 409
Size:  759.6 KB
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

I've considered one of these for my spindles for quite awhile. Thanks for posting! By the way, which size did you get? I'm assuming the smaller one? I wonder how one would fit in a Synapse 19. I don't have the 25.

I use travel stuff sacks and yarn stuff sacks for my spindles. I use the tallest YSS for my niddy noddy and a couple of my plying spindles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I've considered one of these for my spindles for quite awhile. Thanks for posting! By the way, which size did you get? I'm assuming the smaller one? I wonder how one would fit in a Synapse 19. I don't have the 25.
    I just checked, and the quiver does for in the s19 but does take up a fair bit of real estate. It can be done though! Yes, this is the smaller quiver. HTH!
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

I completely agree about using the Quiver as a spindle bag!

I've been using one for a while now and it's my go-to spindle bag.

Here's a shot with my Glindle collection (it's been thinned out since this picture was taken and only 2-3 of my favorites remain).

Name:  TB_Quiver_and_Arrow_Spindle06_medium2.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  293.8 KB
    Name:  TB_Quiver_and_Arrow_Spindle03_medium2.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  264.4 KB

Oh, such pretty spindles!!! Beautiful...I need a quiver bag now

Spindlitis, where did you get your Turkish spindle? It is quite lovely.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0