Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Purple Party!

Purple Party!

I have a ridiculous collection of purple things in my house. My favorites are bags, natch.

My beloved Dakine bag in the back, along with Ultraviolet travel tray, MCB in Plum, and Aubergine DOP.

This is my first Aubergine bag, and now I am pretty sure that I need to acquire more. I LOVE that color.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Thank you for the purple fest!

Love, love, love this! I love purple and think your picture is the best. It made me want to dig up my old purple outfit photo so they could be next to each other. Might have to take a new picture tomorrow, as I have since added a Plum/Wasabi SCB to the mix.

Name:  IMG_2616.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  62.3 KB
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Ooh, let's have a purple smack down! I feel inspired to put my collection together. I'll see what I can do to snap a photo of my purple madness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Amanda

I have a double OP on order - now you have me praying it turns out to be aubergine!
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Love these pics, keep em coming!
    You guys are speaking my language! Here's my contribution:

Last edited by dorayme; 06-07-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

I've known about TB for over a year and have owned my aubergine/steel WF for about 8 months, but It was just last month that I realized my car matches my WF! Although Saturn calls the car's color plum, it's a better match to TB's aubergine. And a hint of wasabi with my basket. :-)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  618.4 KB

Views: 411
Size:  639.8 KB

And then there's the rest of my TB stuff. (Please forgive the gratuitous wasabi. I had to include it. If you could see my living room, dining room, and kitchen you would see a pattern developing.)

Views: 386
Size:  639.5 KB

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    hamitee, Purple and green go so nicely together, it's no wonder you love them both so much you surround yourself with everyday items in both colors! Are those Eagle Creek folders? Looking at your pic, I realize I "forgot" to put any of my yarn stuff sacks, travel stuff sacks or smaller Organizer Pouches into my picture. It figures, UV ones are all in use!
    eWalker likes this.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    hamitee, Purple and green go so nicely together, it's no wonder you love them both so much you surround yourself with everyday items in both colors! Are those Eagle Creek folders? Looking at your pic, I realize I "forgot" to put any of my yarn stuff sacks, travel stuff sacks or smaller Organizer Pouches into my picture. It figures, UV ones are all in use!
    Yep, those are a 15" and an 18" Eagle Creek Packet Folders. I too have a few more TB items in use elsewhere (pocket pouches, key strap, 3D organizer cube, ... ).

These all are fantastic!!! I think aubergine+wasabi is one of my favorite comBIHNations.

Gah! I forgot to include my poor Ultraviolet packing cube shoulder bag. Poor little guy! I'm living the purple goodness being shared here. More, more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Amanda

I'm going to have to wait until my backorders turn up before I can join in the fun - I'm awaiting a black/aubergine/wasabi SA and an aubergine/wasabi SE, to add to my modest purple collection!
    Moose likes this.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

After I put everything away I realized I left out a clear Organizer, two clear bottom Yarn Sacks and three or four Eagle Creek items, if they count.

Name:  Purple.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  62.0 KB
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

hamiltee, from the looks of your TB collection you're not much of a Go Bluer! Where's the love for Navy(or Nordic)/Solar???

Er... spamjam
    Perhaps this is more to your taste?
    Not to rub salt in the wounds: but here is my Nordic family photo
    spamjam likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0