Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: My new Medium Cafe Bag arrived!

Oh, that's not even close to the whole collection, but thank you very much! Once my Aeronaut and WF get back from overseas, I'll take a family photo! I do think that I am going to be selling my Navy/Wasabi Aeronaut and maybe even my Aubergine/Steel iPad Ristretto since I'm leaning more towards using my MCB for toting my iPad with me. Since I'm planning on buying an A30, I don't think I'll have a need for the larger Aeronaut any longer. Decisions, decisions!

I'm passing the time until the new announcements by ordering MORE bags. Today I finally got my cocoa/olive MCB and an Aubergine/ultraviolet PP! I fell in love with the MCB after I got the plum/olive one, so I decided to grab one in UPS brown! ;) the only problem is that I'm going to want to carry both at the same time...the struggle is real.

@Moosezilla...love the color combination of the cocoa/olive MCB as well as the Aubergine/UV PP. together. Now, I'm tempted to get a PP, too! Maybe an Aubergine/Wasabi PP would be a nice combination too... :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an Aubergine/Wasabi SE and it's beautiful!! Wasabi is definitely one of my favorite TB colors and it goes incredibly well with Aubergine!!
    WenV likes this.

Actually, I am waiting on an Olive/UV SE to come my way. Luke managed to find the very last one in the store even though it was not available for order online! woohoo! My only reservation with the Aubergine SE is that it would be stiffer and heavier than the dyneema or parapak ones. Would that be correct?

WenV, that is correct. I have two ballistic SEs and one olive parapak/UV (this combo is awesome--you will love!!) and the parapak fits a bit more as it is more flexible. i actually really like the ballistic stiffness, though, as i can open with one hand.
    WenV and eWalker like this.

Thanks, luvdbags! That's good to know about the stiffness. My main use of the SE is as an internal bag inside another TB bag, so pliability is an important factor for me. I'm looking forward to seeing and handling the Olive/UV SE after seeing the parapak material first hand. At first I didn't think much of it but the more I handle and see the material, the more I like it...

eWalker likes this.

I only usually use my SE for a minimalist purse when my pockets aren't enough (darn you, women's pants pockets!!!) and a SCB or MCB is way overkill, so I like the stiffness of the Ballistic. I'm not a very big fan of UV, but it does look okay with the Aubergine PP. I'm going to start using this PP for my wallet (I hardly ever carry cash...my cash goes into a tin so I can save up to get more tattoos or TB bags! hehe) since I only carry a few cars with me at a time including my ID, debit card, a credit card, insurance cards, and deli rewards card. My other lesser used cards are organized and nestled into my Hemp clear organizer wallet!

@Moosezilla...yes, I also use the SE as a PLO when I don't want to lug my TB work bag (Black Pilot) around the supermarket (quick grocery dash on the way home from work) with me. I actually quick like the lightness of the Dyneema, it feels like I'm carrying nothing. With the PP that I have (black) I only use it for store loyalty cards, I don't feel confident that I could carry my ID/credit cards safely without one or two falling out somehow. My important but lesser-accessed cards are stored in a TB wallet, separate to my regularly accessed wallet (currently a Waterfield Finn Wallet which also holds an iphone 5, if i choose to only carry wallet and iphone, for example, when going for a walk).

eWalker likes this.

I was using a pouch that zippered that I got when I was in Berlin, but decided to switch back to the PP since I've cut down on which cards I carry on my person at all times. I used my forest/Iberian PP as a wallet for over a year and never had any issues with cards falling out. I just turned it upside down and shook it and nothing happened. When I hulked out and gave a good snap of the wrist, only 3 of my cards came out. That was a fun experiment...hehe
    WenV and eWalker like this.

Perhaps I'm just a bit paranoid...as even the Finn wallet is a zippered one. hehehe...

Talking about MCB, I bought my Steel/Cayenne version in 2012 and still love using it. I interchange it with my Nordic/UV SCB when I don't need to carry kids' water bottles/snacks. Recently I ordered a Linen/Navy SCB, in order to have a solid color for a SCB. Quite looking forward to it. Prior to that, my husband bought me the Cocoa/Wasabi Imago as a travel/diaper bag (back in 2009). I don't use it so much now but am still fond of it and am thinking of using it as an emergency bag (to be stored in the car) for backup clothes for kids (I have two young boys).

jess likes this.

WenV, you're going to love the linen/navy SCB. I just received a LCB in that combo the other day--it's gorgeous! I think cafe bags are my new obsession. In the past month I've went from having none to having a MCB in olive/steel parapak and the LCB and carrying them everywhere. The only thing that would make my world perfect would be if they suddenly decide to offer a cafe bag in Aubergine/Steel or Aubergine/Ultraviolet *swoon*
    WenV likes this.

I have a linen/steel SCB and I love it! The one TB bag that I wish I had is a cocoa Imago. Ugh. If I only would have bought one when I had the chance. *sob*
    WenV and jess like this.

I soooo wanted linen/steel when I saw someone's picture of it but alas I'm late to the Bihn party and missed that--along with so many other wonderful things I see you all talking about. Like Imagos in general :( But I guess I just have to make sure that doesn't happen now that I know better lol!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0