Like Tree15Likes
  • 15 Post By atarango1

Thread: You can never have too much purple.

You can never have too much purple.

I've been down with a stomach bug the last few days and I was asleep on the sofa this afternoon when the UPS man showed up with my Tom Bihn bounty.

Despite still being on back order until July, look what showed up!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  674.1 KB

My aubergrine little Swift, two shop bags and two yarn stuff sacks. (And one large tomcat for scale. that's Milo)

And I have to say: I wish I had bought more shop bags. Especially the large one. I've never had any before so I was a bit of a skeptic, but I got this order in before the price increase, and yeah I should have bought more shop bags. The big one is BIG

Views: 290
Size:  611.1 KB

Yes that is a half-full pilot and the little swift inside the large shop bag. Homie can carry some stuff!

At first I was a bit disappointed with the size of the little swift, it seemed really wee. Then I remembered how must the Swift can carry and how heavy it gets and that I why I bought a little swift-- I just wanted to be able to carry my SE and a knitting project on a daily basis, because with the Swift, I find it so big that I only use it for travel.

Here's the little swift next to the swift that is half full with needlepoint projects
Views: 272
Size:  634.6 KB

So as you see, it's really not that small.

I didn't know that the yarn stuff sacks no longer had the stiff, clear bottoms. Oh well, I have a bunch of these and needed more for travel.

I'll post reviews once I've used these items but I am so tickled that this came so early! I have a TriStar on back order too, in matching aubergrine :)
    Last edited by atarango1; 06-02-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    I didn't know that the yarn stuff sacks no longer had the stiff, clear bottoms. Oh well, I have a bunch of these and needed more for travel.
    The small YSS (e.g. that you get free with the Little Swift) only come in all-fabric - you can still get urethane-bottomed ones in the two larger sizes.

Enjoy your purple goodies!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0