Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Proof of My TB Obsession

Proof of My TB Obsession

I just finished cleaning my closet, clearing out unneeded clothes, shoes, etc.. -- and ended up with an entire section of TEN shelves and baskets dedicated to my TB travel collection (with a few miscellaneous stuff by other, much more insignificant, companies).

Starting from the bottom and going up…

Photo #1:

Name:  P1020453.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  104.2 KB

1. Bottom stacking basket on the floor: Shoulder straps, waist straps and key straps
    2. Middle basket: Steel, Black and Wasabi PCSBs (still waiting for Nordic); Black, Nordic and Wasabi TTs; and Solar and Wasabi Travel Stuff Sacks
    3. Top basket: Organizer Pouches, Clear Organizer Wallets, Pocket Pouches, 3D Organizer Cubes and SEs
    4. Lower shelf: Nordic/Solar Co-Pilot; Nordic/Solar Pilot; Olive/Wasabi and French Blue/Navy SCBs; and Nordic/Solar and Black/UV MCBs;
    5. Upper shelf: Nordic and Black Dyneema PCBPs (on top of some Eagle Creek Pack It Folders)

Photo #2:

Name:  P1020464.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  100.8 KB

Continuing upward…

6. Hanging basket: On the right are packed and ready for traveling Wasabi CQPC and 3D COC (along with other non-TB stuff)
    7. Lower shelf: Nordic/Solar, Olive Parapack/Steel and Black Parapack/Wasabi S19s
    8. Small side hanging basket: Cord Zipper Pulls, MiraZyme packets, Gatekeeper Rail Clips and Double Carabiners
    9. Middle shelf: Forest/Cork/Steel Imago, Aubergine/Steel WF and Navy/Wasabi TS
    10. Top shelf: Forest/Black/UV SA, Nordic/Solar S25 and Nordic/Solar Aeronaut

Not pictured are Shop Bags (in car trunk and kitchen), Aubergine/Black/Wasabi SA (packed with camera gear) and Nordic/Solar SCB (my weekend daily carry).

I think I might have a TB obsession…
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Oh my, please know, it's official, you absolutley have a TB obsession. Isn't it great? :)
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Oh my, please know, it's official, you absolutley have a TB obsession. Isn't it great? :)
    Moose
    Loving it, Moose! Cannot think of a better obsession to have... and to share :)
    -- David Whyte

I can see you have a Nordic obsession as well! I join you in that! Lovely photos, by the way!

Not only are the photos great but I love your closet set up too.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Moose
    @Moose, now we see the basis of @taminca's comment in the Clearing out and a possible problemthread that you started:
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Yes, Moose, you do have a problem -- you need larger beds and closets!
    I see that @taminca is way ahead of you in the larger closets department. @taminca, Carry on! And by the way, your other items such as Smart Alec (holding camera gear) is doing the duty of your closet organizers. Also, not absolutely everything in the photos are Tom Bihn bags and accessories -- clearly it's your Eagle Creek Specter II Packing folders that are taking up most of the room!

moriond

Your closet is awesome. Mine is a mess, but you have inspired me. I would love to be ABLE to see all my bags like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    Your closet is awesome. Mine is a mess, but you have inspired me. I would love to be ABLE to see all my bags like that.
    Thanks, @luvdabags. I am too embarrassed to admit just how LONG it took to clean, de-clutter and organize my closet -- but I did want a section for my TB bags, so was highly motivated :)
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @taminca, Carry on!
    Oh yes, @moriond, I plan to do just that. There is one more shelf way up on top in reserve... like for when the Aeronaut 30 joins the family :)
    eWalker likes this.
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I can see you have a Nordic obsession as well! I join you in that! Lovely photos, by the way!
    I do love Nordic/Solar, as you've noted, @Mausermama.

What surprised me to see in the photos is that one lone Aubergine bag (the WF, with another, an SA, not pictured), given how much I also love that color. I considered getting the Aeronaut and TS in Aubergine, but the lighter weight of Nordic Dyneema tipped the scale for me on the Aeronaut, and Navy was the color available for the TS with the "old styled" zippers when I placed my order.

Here's hoping that the Aeronaut 30 will be available in Aubergine....and maybe also the Pilot and/or Co-Pilot one day soon!
    -- David Whyte

Moriond, this thread really need to be pinned!

This is a great: "You think I have an obessession? Look at this Those Pictures!" reference when non-Bihnenthusiasts, family members give our lovely collection, the shrug or the roll eye.

How did I miss this thread the first time around? That is my Olive S19! So happy that it has a loving home and can so happily snuggle with its fellow S19s :)

I don't know what is making me drool more: your vast TB collection, or that amazing closet set-up! I live in a 130-year-old Victorian cottage, built back when closets were unheard of. For those of you who may be fans of the 1996 BBC/A&E mini-series of Pride and Prejudice, the one with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth [AKA the ONLY P&P worth watching], you will understand why I laugh so much every time the odious Mr. Collins shows off his little corner cupboard and Lizzie says sarcastically, "Shelves in the closet? Happy thought indeed."

If only I had a closet to put shelves in! So I am envious of you and hereby say, "Happy thought indeed" to your shelves, @taminca. :D

I am in the same position ncb4..I too live in an old cottage with no closets..and no shelves...lol My TB possessions are in a big plastic box (a nice airtight Systema, Made in New Zealand ...not any old box for precious TB stuff)....the good thing with no closets and no shelves and no storage in general is...you have to be diciplined about what comes into the house...if it says Tom Bihn than all doors and windows are wide open. :-)

Backpack that won't work. I showed the pictures to my husband and he just said: so you are not alone with your passion, I knew that all along. Where is the picture of the happyielly dealing spouse?

Taminca we are in this together. If I was willing to post an overview of my obsession it would look quite similar. By rase of hands, who else? ;-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0