Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Proof of My TB Obsession

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I just finished cleaning my closet, clearing out unneeded clothes, shoes, etc.. -- and ended up with an entire section of TEN shelves and baskets dedicated to my TB travel collection (with a few miscellaneous stuff by other, much more insignificant, companies).

Starting from the bottom and going up…

Photo #1:

Attachment 6477

1. Bottom stacking basket on the floor: Shoulder straps, waist straps and key straps
    2. Middle basket: Steel, Black and Wasabi PCSBs (still waiting for Nordic); Black, Nordic and Wasabi TTs; and Solar and Wasabi Travel Stuff Sacks
    3. Top basket: Organizer Pouches, Clear Organizer Wallets, Pocket Pouches, 3D Organizer Cubes and SEs
    4. Lower shelf: Nordic/Solar Co-Pilot; Nordic/Solar Pilot; Olive/Wasabi and French Blue/Navy SCBs; and Nordic/Solar and Black/UV MCBs;
    5. Upper shelf: Nordic and Black Dyneema PCBPs (on top of some Eagle Creek Pack It Folders)

Photo #2:

Attachment 6478

Continuing upward…

6. Hanging basket: On the right are packed and ready for traveling Wasabi CQPC and 3D COC (along with other non-TB stuff)
    7. Lower shelf: Nordic/Solar, Olive Parapack/Steel and Black Parapack/Wasabi S19s
    8. Small side hanging basket: Cord Zipper Pulls, MiraZyme packets, Gatekeeper Rail Clips and Double Carabiners
    9. Middle shelf: Forest/Cork/Steel Imago, Aubergine/Steel WF and Navy/Wasabi TS
    10. Top shelf: Forest/Black/UV SA, Nordic/Solar S25 and Nordic/Solar Aeronaut

Not pictured are Shop Bags (in car trunk and kitchen), Aubergine/Black/Wasabi SA (packed with camera gear) and Nordic/Solar SCB (my weekend daily carry).

I think I might have a TB obsession…

Obsession ?
    I don't know, there seems to be a lot more available space in some of those baskets! :-)

Regarding TB storage....am I paranoid or do you guys share this worry: "Do I store my TB stuff all nicely together...so then if I get burgled they will take the whole lot....or should I spread it around the house....then the chances are in case of evacuation/fire/burglary I can grab at least something or not all is lost..."
    Or am I loosing it?

Oh my, does this mean I need a BOB (bug out bag) for my bags?

Ok, that was one step over the line I think. :)
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

So I am then the first casualty of loosing my sanity over my TB obsession. *sigh* (goes to book an appointment for the red couch)
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Moriond, this thread really need to be pinned!

This is a great: "You think I have an obessession? Look at this Those Pictures!" reference when non-Bihnenthusiasts, family members give our lovely collection, the shrug or the roll eye.
    Glad to be of service, @backpack. Alas, my own friends and family members fall into that non-Bihnenthusiasts category, but I cannot begrudge them (too much) their lack of discerning taste in travel bags and accessories. Am just grateful to be part of this Forum, where we can share and celebrate our outstanding choices to go with TB!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by mjpinter View Post
    How did I miss this thread the first time around? That is my Olive S19! So happy that it has a loving home and can so happily snuggle with its fellow S19s :)
    And I am very happy with MY Olive S19 :). It is among 3 "finalists" for my upcoming trip to Seattle and the TB Mothership!
    eWalker likes this.
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    So I am then the first casualty of loosing my sanity over my TB obsession. *sigh* (goes to book an appointment for the red couch)
    ... Is that an Iberian Dyneema couch? Cardinal 1050d ballistic nylon?

(I too have a problem/obsession)
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

LOL itsablur...

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Obsession ?
    I don't know, there seems to be a lot more available space in some of those baskets! :-)
    Umm...those photos were taken in May, @Trailhiker. Two months later, the available space has shrunk a bit...and the backordered NFTD and A30 have yet to arrive. So I think "obsession" is quite an appropriate term :)
    -- David Whyte

Regarding TB storage....am I paranoid or do you guys share this worry: "Do I store my TB stuff all nicely together...so then if I get burgled they will take the whole lot....or should I spread it around the house....then the chances are in case of evacuation/fire/burglary I can grab at least something or not all is lost..."
    Or am I loosing it?
    Thanks so much for that disturbing thought, @vivelly! Hmm... Instead of a closet, perhaps I need a HUGE fire-proof safe for my TB collection. Rushing off to Google this...
    -- David Whyte

I am in the same position ncb4..I too live in an old cottage with no closets..and no shelves...lol My TB possessions are in a big plastic box (a nice airtight Systema, Made in New Zealand ...not any old box for precious TB stuff)....the good thing with no closets and no shelves and no storage in general is...you have to be diciplined about what comes into the house...if it says Tom Bihn than all doors and windows are wide open. :-)
    A cottage in New Zealand? Sounds like heaven to me. And you are right, @vivelly, a small house with no storage space does inspire self-discipline—except when it comes to TB bags. :-) Then all bets are off!
    vivelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Oh my, does this mean I need a BOB (bug out bag) for my bags?

Ok, that was one step over the line I think. :)
    The secret is to use all TB bags as bug out bags!

Let me explain:

Travel ones are placed next to the wardrobe and house out of season clothes or are empty ready to be filled up with the pieces that need to be grabbed in an hurry.

All that is needed is a quick zip up.

Yet another big carry laptops and its sibling important papers.

One TB is for Journaling, it carries a FJN, extra paper in both FJN and letter size.

Swifts carry needlework things and yarn by colors.

I am in a process of setting up a Calligraphy TB bag with reference books and printouts.

Everything, in my abode, is corralled.

Not only because of space but of the potential for natural disasters which, along with man made ones, can happen in the drop of a hat.

So, I like to be prepared.

It sounds like heaven, but its cold and drafty in winter..the way the earlier settlers built here is what is called a Shanty at home...beautiful wooden villas with carvings, but no insulation. We are slowly renovating...it would go quicker if would stop buying bags.

Taminca let me know if you find anything fireproof. :) Evacuation is a real possibility here since we get earthquakes and got some vulcanos as well. Fire always makes me nervous because its our only scource of heating and we have a wooden house (and I dont trust the wiring either) and unfortunately burglary is very common in this beautiful "unspoiled" "safe" New Zealand, no matter where you live. A dog and an alarm system makes it a wee bit safer...
    So yeah the downside to the fact I get limited things but things I really love, increases the worry that I might loose them. But thats life. :-)

Wow backpack! That makes me feel a bit better...lol

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    The secret is to use all TB bags as bug out bags!

Everything, in my abode, is corralled.

So, I like to be prepared.
    Loved the idea @backpack!

I have a hard time finding the sweet spot between essentialism & minimalism and comfort zone & safety zone.

Have TB bags doing double duty as closet organizers not only makes sense but also makes a good and strong foundation for a emergency plan setup!

:cool:
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-25-2014 at 02:48 AM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0