Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Hollie
  • 2 Post By monkeylady
  • 1 Post By Hollie
  • 1 Post By taminca

Thread: My Smart Alec and Side Effect visit the Edmonds Marine Park

My Smart Alec and Side Effect visit the Edmonds Marine Park

My housemate, daughter, and one of our two dogs* - Bo, our Labrador named after Bodhisattvas because he's so uncharacteristically calm - visited the Edmonds Marine Park this morning, to check out their great off-leash area. For a lab living in Seattle, Bo doesn't see enough water, and we tried to rectify that a little bit today. He had a great time, we all did.

My Smart Alec is still my all-around go-to backpack. I love the bucket quality. Most of the time, we get somewhere, and the lid just sits open, so people can grab snacks or water or phones or, in this case, towels and camera lenses. At any time, we can grab the padded handle, lift it up, and tote it a hundred feet to the new drop-spot, and nothing falls out.

Today we had two huge water bottles, two big lenses, my one large and one small leash, several towels, two tennis balls, and by the time we came home, we also had several handfuls of shells and rocks. My Side Effect was on me the whole time, used as a very comfortable waist pack. Still can't say enough good things about that elegant little workhorse of a bag. I had a photo of me wearing it, but it wouldn't upload for some reason. It's the perfect minimalist purse. It can be worn four different ways (waist, cross-body, short hand strap, wrist strap), and fits far more than it looks like it should be able to.

I like the wonky perspectives in the first photo. Bo looks like he's only slightly bigger than my Smart Alec (in reality he's nearly 100 pounds), and Beth looks like she's riding on his head!

Name:  SA-edmonds02.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  262.9 KB
    Name:  SA-edmonds03.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  159.8 KB
    Name:  SA-edmonds04.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  190.6 KB
    Name:  SA-edmonds05.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  161.2 KB

* In case fellow dog lovers are wondering why we only brought one dog, our other pup is an aging corgi with severe chronic pain in one leg. Trips like this are very stressful for him, and he stayed home with my husband and son, napping.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Great pix. Bo looks like a puppy! Those labs! Oh, yeah, your TB pack is nice, too.
    Hollie and eWalker like this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Great pix. Bo looks like a puppy! Those labs! Oh, yeah, your TB pack is nice, too.
    Yeah, they are perpetual puppies! He's 2.5 years old, but definitely still a big puppy.
    eWalker likes this.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Oh @Hollie, you are torturing me with that Nordic SA! :). Lovely photos. Looks like a beautiful place to spend the day.
    Hollie likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0