Like Tree18Likes
  • 15 Post By flaneuse
  • 1 Post By Rocks
  • 2 Post By moriond

Thread: Co-Pilot and MYSS enjoying the view at the Heidelberg Schloss

Co-Pilot and MYSS enjoying the view at the Heidelberg Schloss

I love this little guy. We went to Heidelberg on Monday to show my Mom around. In the main compartment the CP held my steel dyneema SE that serves as my diaper kit for the toddlers, wallet, knitting project in a MYSS, a medium clear OP that held shout wipes/food shears/lip balm and some other items, in the left pocket phone , sunglasses ans glasses, center pocket held my umbrella (Germany in the spring...be prepared!), and the right pocket held some snacks for the kids, my keys clipped to the o-ring and more hand wipes....because KIDS. It was a lovely day to show her round the city. And how gorgeous is Navy ballistic? It looks great with everything and wears like iron.

Name:  Heidelberg1.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  848.6 KB

And the UV dyneenma is so cheery. UV is not my favorite dyneema color, but in small doses it is perfect :) and it matched my sock yarn.

Name:  Heidelberg2.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  938.1 KB

P.S. The socks have been finished and are currently being worn.
    Last edited by moriond; 05-29-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Rotated images
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

Ugh. Sorry the photos are sideways. I'd correct them but our internet is still surprisingly slow for Germany.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

Great pics! I like how the shadows gave the Navy ballistic a gradient. For your 2nd pic, I was nearly misled into thinking the blue spot was your CP in the far off background! lol

The navy/Iberian Copilot is my favorite looking Tom Bihn bag. It's so pretty! I'm admiring mine right now. I love the deep blue color.
    Hollie likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneuse View Post
    Ugh. Sorry the photos are sideways. I'd correct them but our internet is still surprisingly slow for Germany.
    @flaneuse Hope this is OK. I rotated your images and reloaded them into the post. You still have ownership of the rotated images under the attachments.

moriond

Nice sock yarn! Is that the Magic Loop technique? I haven't attempted that yet - I'm using two circular needles for my first sock project (with German yarn, funnily enough).

Enjoy your time in Germany!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

flaneuse - As a fellow knitter, can I just say; your socks are gorgeous! I've got one rainbow-colored sock cast on right now, using the Magic Loop method, which I haven't tried before. So far, going down the cuff is easy. Turning the heel? WE SHALL SEE.

It's fun to see other bags out in the wild, doing things. Thanks for the photos! :)
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Nice! I took a Brain Bag to the Heidelberg Schloss a couple of years ago. The view is making me feel nostalgic. :-)
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    Nice! I took a Brain Bag to the Heidelberg Schloss a couple of years ago. The view is making me feel nostalgic. :-)
    Did you also take the Philosopher's Walk along the other side of the river (even better for viewing the Old Town and Castle)?

P.S. I think that when I was last in Heidelberg I carried an Aeronaut and a Lux bag.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Did you also take the Philosopher's Walk along the other side of the river (even better for viewing the Old Town and Castle)?

P.S. I think that when I was last in Heidelberg I carried an Aeronaut and a Lux bag.
    We did a very long walk along the river, down below, but I didn't know of it as the Philosopher's walk. My kids also touched the mice sculpture that is supposed to help them have many children. I've forgotten, but they also made sure to touch the part of the statue (monkey? mirror?) that ensures a return to the city in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

I should visit Heidelberg some day - not only is it twinned with Cambridge, but it's the HQ of the place I now work. All I need is a legitimate business reason to go there...
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Toblerhaus View Post
    We did a very long walk along the river, down below, but I didn't know of it as the Philosopher's walk. My kids also touched the mice sculpture that is supposed to help them have many children. I've forgotten, but they also made sure to touch the part of the statue (monkey? mirror?) that ensures a return to the city in the future.
    @Toblerhaus The Philosopher's walk is along the opposite side of the river from the Castle, but higher up, so the view of the Old Town and Castle is better. There's also a Philosopher's Garden partway along the path. And here's a picture of the Monkey holding a mirror (sorry for the quality, but I took it with a colleague's cell phone camera -- the first time this feature was used).
    Name:  Heidelberg1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  136.7 KB

moirond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0