Like Tree27Likes
  • 16 Post By Hollie
  • 4 Post By thorn
  • 2 Post By Hollie
  • 2 Post By Gumby
  • 3 Post By monkeylady

Thread: Guitar and uke players might dig this as much as I do...

Guitar and uke players might dig this as much as I do...

I play guitar and ukulele, and I take lessons for both, which means I'm hauling them around quite a bit (for those of you who know Seattle, Dusty Strings is my second home). I have a little collection of tools, tuners, picks, pens, and I like to keep it all together (i.e., not separate collections for each instrument, but just one little bag of stuff for both, since some tools cross over). I've tried out various bags and containers, and haven't found anything that feels right.

This morning, as I was packing all my stuff up to go, a lightbulb went off. I have a new little 3D Fabric Organizer Cube. I'd bought it recently, in part because I didn't yet have any of the cubes, and I wanted to try it out, and also because, let's face it, I'm a sucker for the pretty-but-waning Solar. When I got it home, I didn't have an immediate use for it, so I just put it aside.

As I was packing up my uke, it hit me; the little solar cube! I ran upstairs and grabbed it, I packed everything in it, and it all fits perfectly. But what's more perfect? It tucks right under the neck of either Mavis, my guitar, or - get this Solar lovers - Sunshine, my baritone uke (yes, I name my instruments). I keep finding more things to do with all these little bags, it's so fun! What's great is that it also provides a little bit of padding under the neck. The gig bag for the uke isn't so well-padded, so this will work really well.

Name:  sunshine.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  156.6 KB
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

What, you don't have the TB Uke Bag yet?

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    What, you don't have the TB Uke Bag yet?
    I wish! Nordic Dyneema, please.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

And I'll take one for mandolin, please. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Synapse 19, Co-Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

I'll have to share this with Mr. Monkeylady who plays standup bass in his jazz quartet here in Seattle. He has been sllllooooooowwwwwww to adopt TB goodness although he does use a few small things....
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0