Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: My Smart Alec rules Folklife

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    Hahahahaha! You should see me when we're watching The Walking Dead! :) I'm always joking about how all they need is to get some Tom Bihn bags and a ham radio, and they'd all be so much better off! I'll forgive them for not looting the Tom Bihn store, since they're down south and the warehouse is all the way in Seattle, but they have no excuse not to loot a Radio Shack for some handhelds and batteries.
    I know, right?? But then there would be no show, I guess. :D ("A bunch of normal people figure out how to survive. The End.")

Of course, if you had more than one Bihnion in the makeshift shelter, they'd probably get to comparing notes, and forget to keep a lookout for the biters. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Of course, if you had more than one Bihnion in the makeshift shelter, they'd probably get to comparing notes, and forget to keep a lookout for the biters. ;P
    No way! They would talk standing back to back to protect their beloved unreplaceable bags! ;)

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

hahaha...that is so funny!
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    No way! They would talk standing back to back to protect their beloved unreplaceable bags! ;)
    The Ballistic Nylon is supposed to be pretty tough! I wonder if TB would consider looking into making zombie proofed armor should the need arises one day. After all, making jackets is also one of Mr Bihn's forte. A full suit of armor with a 1050d ballistic nylon exterior with a Parapack or Dyneema lining should be good protection :)

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    The Ballistic Nylon is supposed to be pretty tough! I wonder if TB would consider looking into making zombie proofed armor should the need arises one day. After all, making jackets is also one of Mr Bihn's forte. A full suit of armor with a 1050d ballistic nylon exterior with a Parapack or Dyneema lining should be good protection :)
    LOL! According to the Dyneema site, Dyneema is used to make armors already, so you are right on all accounts! ! :)

Vests made with DyneemaŽ offer wearer protection against a range of threats - including handgun ammunition, fast-moving fragments, and knives - while providing the lightest weight options with maximum flexibility and comfort. - See more at: http://www.dyneema.com/americas/appl....FwKWax1p.dpuf

Last edited by eWalker; 05-27-2014 at 02:13 AM.

I wouldnt want to distract Tom Bihn from making bags...but imagine jackets!!! TB jackets...thank God for my wallet they do not....:)

Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    I wouldnt want to distract Tom Bihn from making bags...but imagine jackets!!! TB jackets...thank God for my wallet they do not....:)
    Yet! ;) Notice that the site does not restricts TB mission to bags, so who knows that the future may hold?

Last edited by eWalker; 05-27-2014 at 02:19 AM.

@Hollie
    Sorry to derail your thread :p
    I promise to start a petition for an all Nordic outfit on your behalf should the day ever comes ^.^
    (If I can beat you to it, that is lol)

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    @Hollie
    Sorry to derail your thread :p
    I promise to start a petition for an all Nordic outfit on your behalf should the day ever comes ^.^
    (If I can beat you to it, that is lol)
    Hahahaha! You can derail any thread of mine with that promise.

In other Dyneema-love thoughts - I had told Matthew, when I picked up my stuff, that I would love, oddly enough, a Dyneema PICNIC BLANKET. Just a nice little 4x4' square of Dyneema with the edges seamed, so that when it's wet on the ground (Hello, dear Seattle), I can park it and not get my bum wet.

I also commented about wanting to use my REI Visa on this purchase because I get points toward my annual REI rebate, and he joked, "You're going to REI? Don't we have everything?" and I said, "You don't have CLOTHES! When do we get Dyneema clothes?" :)
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

These are great photos, @Hollie! Thank you so much for posting them. I've seen the Lower Modular Pocket in various pics, but usually it's just attached to the bag, with no "human" context. Now that I've seen it attached on the SA and being carried by a person, I have to say that it looks a lot bigger than I realized. I ordered a Nordic one for my black ballistic SA -- can't wait for it to arrive!
    Hollie and eWalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    These are great photos, @Hollie! Thank you so much for posting them. I've seen the Lower Modular Pocket in various pics, but usually it's just attached to the bag, with no "human" context. Now that I've seen it attached on the SA and being carried by a person, I have to say that it looks a lot bigger than I realized. I ordered a Nordic one for my black ballistic SA -- can't wait for it to arrive!
    Oh good! Yeah when I ordered it, I wasn't sure what it would look like. I was a lot more confident about the top modular pocket. Want to know the truth? What really swayed me was that the lower modular pocket was available in Nordic, and I thought, "Okay, ONE MORE PIECE OF NORDIC, and if for some reason it doesn't look right or I don't want to use it, I'll use it as an interior packing bag." And of course, it ended up being perfect (I think they know what they're doing down at the company).
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

LOL - I just came across this review of the S25 by Black Scout Survival. I guess we aren't the only ones who think a Bihn bag is going to get us thru the zombie apocalypse! :D Nice to know an expert thinks so, too! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    Hahahahaha! You should see me when we're watching The Walking Dead! :) I'm always joking about how all they need is to get some Tom Bihn bags and a ham radio, and they'd all be so much better off! I'll forgive them for not looting the Tom Bihn store, since they're down south and the warehouse is all the way in Seattle, but they have no excuse not to loot a Radio Shack for some handhelds and batteries.
    Hollie and eWalker like this.

LOL - I just came across this review of the S25 by Black Scout Survival. I guess we aren't the only ones who think a Bihn bag is going to get us thru the zombie apocalypse! :D Nice to know an expert thinks so, too! ;)
    Hey! Don't forget to add this link to external reviews thread! Nice catch!

haraya likes this.

I think the TB crew already caught the reference, they just reposted on Twitter and FB! :)

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Hey! Don't forget to add this link to external reviews thread! Nice catch!

eWalker likes this.

I think the TB crew already caught the reference, they just reposted on Twitter and FB! :)
    Yup! Just saw it on FB! :)

Hollie and haraya like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0