Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree60Likes
  • 23 Post By Ilkyway
  • 1 Post By Mausermama
  • 2 Post By Ilkyway
  • 3 Post By scribe
  • 2 Post By taminca
  • 14 Post By taminca
  • 3 Post By Ilkyway
  • 3 Post By icebeng
  • 3 Post By taminca
  • 2 Post By tpnl
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 2 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By taminca

Thread: Synapse 19 needed some fresh air

Synapse 19 needed some fresh air

Hi, we had a family trip to an old castle-ruin (more a caselett but anyway it was fun).

My S19 wanted to show of its version of the zipperpulls.

Name:  Synapse 19 nordic 3.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  799.4 KBName:  Synapse 19 nordic 2.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  874.2 KBName:  Synapse 19 nordic 1.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  772.1 KB

Here is how I did it (and who inspired it) on my Synapse 25: Synapse 25 and what I did to it:

Ilkyway

Lovely photos! Thanks so much for sharing! You really show off the beauty that is Nordic quite well!
    eWalker likes this.

Thank you Mousermama. I do like looking at photos of bags so much. I feel that if I do, so might others and therefore it is a pleasure to share.

Lovely photos! The beautiful lighting + restricted depth-of-field in the first one makes it look almost 3D!
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Awesome photos, Ilkyway! I always have difficulty capturing Nordic but you did a terrific job. Thanks for sharing.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Hope you don't mind me piggy-backing on your thread, Ilkyway. Although not as great as your photos, here are some of my Nordic S19 -- also out for some fresh air last Thursday...

Name:  P1020324.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  131.9 KB

Name:  P1020343.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  129.5 KB

Name:  P1020367.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  142.7 KB

For the second photo, wished I had a pair of Nordic Dyneema shoes discussed in another thread!
    -- David Whyte

Taminca they are gorgeous! You are showing this great pack in such a beautiful landscape. They go so well together that it makes me away-sick (is there such a word? We say something like that if we feel the burning desire for travel.) where I live we have no mountains. Not even proper hills. Thanks for expanding this hymn for this beautiful backpack.

Ilkyway

PS maybe you can teach me how to put space between the photos. It bothered me from the beginning that mine look so glued together.

@llkyway
    I haven't thought of your photos as glued together actually, I think of it more as panoramic but in a vertical way.
    I haven't posted more than 1 photo at a time so far, but I believe hitting enter after each set of [ATTACH=CONFIG]XXXX[/ATTACH] will generate a blank space between the photos.

@taminca
    Breathtakingly beautiful photos, at the same it was heartstoppingly horrifying seeing your S19 so close to the edge! :P

@Ilkyway, just as @icebeng wrote, hitting "enter" will insert blank line after each image. And thanks for the nice compliment!

@icebeng, it actually was quite safe....well, as safe as possible at a Superfund toxic waste site where mining (iron, silver, gold, copper and zinc) was conducted for over 100 years, resulting in acid mine drainage with pH measuring as low as -3.
    -- David Whyte

@Ilkyway

I agree with iceberg. With you outdoor pictures right beside each other, it makes an excellent effect of one long and beautiful vertically panoramic picture - a vertical picture tapestry.

However, to answer your question and add to the above, you can put spaces (or comments) for your photos by understanding the syntax of how photos are shown - if you know this already, please ignore the below!
    For each photo added, the software puts the words "attach" in square brackets in front and after the picture file number. If you just add spaces or lines after last "attach" in square brackets, you will get the picture separation you need (do not worry about the other letters/symbols in the square brackets - just bring everything inside the square brackets intact).

e.g. (note I used round brackets instead of square for illustration purposes but in reality, you would see square brackets, not round)

Normally, when you add several pictures at once, you get what you see below:

(attach=config)PICTURE1(/attach)(attach=config)PICTURE2(/attach)(attach=config)PICTURE3(/attach)

- this will show three pictures named PICTURE1, PICTURE2 and PICTURE3 with no spaces (if the pixel width of the pictures are small enough, it will even put them side by side)

By pressing enter or adding spaces between the last "attach" for one picture and the next, the pictures will be separated more - see below:

(attach=config)PICTURE1(/attach)

(attach=config)PICTURE2(/attach)(attach=config)PICTURE3(/attach)

- in the above, PICTURE1 and PICTURE2 will be separated by a line. You can add more spaces or even a comment as well.

Also useful - you can move pictures anywhere in the post by "cutting" and "pasting" the picture with the format entact - e.g. copy and paste (attach)PICTURE2(attach) to move PICTURE2 anywhere in your document - see below:

(attach=config)PICTURE1(/attach)

(attach=config)PICTURE3(/attach)

Here is picture 2 in the middle of a sentence (attach=config)PICTURE2(/attach) showing that I can put a picture anywhere (given pixel size limitations - not file size).

Hope this help

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 05-19-2014 at 09:09 AM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot/Cadet (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Thank you all for your explanations. If I could still edit my post above I would try it out but there is no edid buttom anymore. No problem, you said it it is okey like it is... so what to worry.

tpnl thank you for the extended version of the explanation. I did not try to separate after the (attach) because, as you mentioned, there where so many other thinks written there that I was not sure where to separate the long line of string. Next time I will be more confident and do it just like you explained.

Yes it helped!

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Hope you don't mind me piggy-backing on your thread, Ilkyway. Although not as great as your photos, here are some of my Nordic S19 -- also out for some fresh air last Thursday...

Name:  P1020367.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  142.7 KB
    @taminca I like the way you've managed the composition of these pictures where you've set things up to in luxe yourself in the picture!

Apart from the beautiful scenery and the great pictures of your Nordic Synapse 19, I've noticed something that is interesting (to me) about the carrying position. With the current model Nordic/Solar Synapse 19, I carry the bag about the way you do in your picture. But with both my 4+ year old Indigo/Solar Synapse and the Nordic/Steel Synapse from December 2012 (before the announced release of the Synapse 25 a few months later), I carry the Synapse so that the top of the bag sits closer to the base of my neck (maybe half to two thirds of the way up from where it's shown in your picture).

For comparison take a look at the pictures of @dorayme carrying the Synapse 25 and Synapse 19 in the Who says short people can't carry big bags? thread. My Indigo Synapse gets carried about where she carries it in the 5th picture of the first post. The Nordic/Steel Synapse (with Portable Culture label) that arrived in December 2012 gets carried about where the Synapse 25 sits in the 3rd picture of the first post, or maybe a bit higher and closer to the nape of my neck. (It has slightly wider strap placement than the original Synapse, but not as wide as the current backpack strap placement, and is the most comfortable fit of the 3 bags).

See @bchaplin's New backpack strap placement on Synapse 19? thread for details.

I can wear both the two earlier Synapse 19 models without having to use the sternum strap, but I do need it for the current models of the Synapse 19.

moriond

Interesting observation, @moriond. I do not have the older S19 model so cannot opine but have found that this lower carry position is extremely comfortable for me with the current S19. Any higher and the straps feel too snug under my arms. I always have to use the sternum straps and prefer to use both sternum and waist straps when hiking.
    eWalker likes this.
    -- David Whyte

@Ilkyway Curious...This is what region of Germany?
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0