Like Tree13Likes
  • 10 Post By icebeng
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 1 Post By KmK
  • 1 Post By icebeng

Thread: French blue/Storm

KmK

French blue/Storm

I wonder if anyone can post a comparison photo of Storm/French Blue? Just received a LCB in French Blue and am less than taken... I thought it would be much bluer than my eye sees it. That has me wanting to see it up against something like Storm to see the contrast.

Thanks!

I just received a Medium Double Organizer Pouch in French Blue and a Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Storm.
    Here are 2 pictures, I've tried my best to ensure they are accurate.
    Name:  IMG_0009.JPG
Views: 607
Size:  435.2 KB

And another, with part of another Medium Double Organizer Pouch in Linen, and part of my iPad Mini in the Black Apple Smart Case for a little more color referencing.
    Name:  IMG_0005.JPG
Views: 697
Size:  306.0 KB

To be honest, the French Blue looks bluer to me than it did in the SCB photos, am really tempted to get one once the back orders crisis is over.

Very nice comparison photos, @icebeng. Thanks! Love my French Blue SCB. It is my only Cordura bag in a small mountain (literally) of Dyneema and Parapack TB goodness.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Icebeng I think you managed to get the linen quit right. I have storm and linen and as those colors are matching your pictures I conclude that French blue is a bit more discrete than I thought. Hope it will be made in a bag I would use. It would be a nice lively Side Effect for spring / Summer.
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 05-29-2014 at 06:42 AM.
    scribe likes this.

KmK
    Icebeng,

Thank you! Lovely and helpful comparison photos...!! The change in perception when one has something to compare fascinates me. Things can become larger or smaller than they are at first perceived to be, colors can deepen and change, time can slow down or pick up speed, something can taste sweeter or less so... Very cool.
    icebeng likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    French Blue is bluer among the two colors (compared to storm). Storm has a grayer tone to it. If you're really in doubt about colors, you can ask them to send you fabric samples.

Those look like quite good pictures for the color representation.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Very nice comparison photos, @icebeng. Thanks! Love my French Blue SCB. It is my only Cordura bag in a small mountain (literally) of Dyneema and Parapack TB goodness.
    @taminca The nice feature about Cordura for the Cafe bags is the range of amazing colors. Traditionally, these have shown up in the Cafe bags and organizer pouches. From recent reports, people have been managing to get a lot of old one-off colors in organizer pouches (crimson, azalea, turquoise, cayenne, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Enabler points for you! Your photos was what caused me to bug poor Matthew to rummage though the bins for the French Blue and Linen Medium Double Organizer Pouches! I had JUST swore that the order before that was THE last for this year.... (ok, who am I kidding??)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Icebeng I think you managed to get the linen quit right. I have storm and linen and as those colors are matching your pictures I conclude that French blue is a bit more discrete than I thought. Hope it will be made in a bag I would use. It would be a nice lively Side Effect for spring / Summer.
    Teacher points for you! I had trouble getting good pictures until I remember what you said about the camera automatically trying to brighten up everything. I brought the Pouches to work, we have white tables there, and that did the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    Icebeng,

Thank you! Lovely and helpful comparison photos...!! The change in perception when one has something to compare fascinates me. Things can become larger or smaller than they are at first perceived to be, colors can deepen and change, time can slow down or pick up speed, something can taste sweeter or less so... Very cool.
    Glad to help, the pics on the store page always seem to be understated, so far, I've been lucky in the sense that I've always been more happy seeing the fabric in the flesh than from the site. I do hope the French Blue grows on you, although I like Storm more, the French Blue is definitely the bluer of the 2 and bluer seems to be what you want

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    French Blue is bluer among the two colors (compared to storm). Storm has a grayer tone to it. If you're really in doubt about colors, you can ask them to send you fabric samples.

Those look like quite good pictures for the color representation.
    I get what you mean about the grey totally! I think all the Cordura seems to have minute bits of Steel mixed in, there seems to be tiny grey spots that catches the light like mica when you move the fabric. The lighter fabrics seem to exhibit this factor more. I'm wondering if that's why Linen is so hard to shoot.
    I may be thinking too much here, but I wonder if that's why Storm got its name, the grey undertones represent storm clouds against the blue sky.
    I've got both you and scribe to thank, moriond, I never would have started this Storm craze if you 2 didn't tip me off about Pouches still being available in this color!
    When I opened that TB box with my 1st Storm Pouches, it was like a cat meeting catnip for the 1st time lol
    moriond likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    And another, with part of another Medium Double Organizer Pouch in Linen, and part of my iPad Mini in the Black Apple Smart Case for a little more color referencing.
    I'm jealous of the linen medium DOP. It was on my list of six colors, but sadly I was sent a color not requested.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0