Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Not to rub salt in the wounds: but here is my Nordic family photo

Not to rub salt in the wounds: but here is my Nordic family photo

I know I'm not the only one mourning the loss of Nordic Dyneema—and before it ever had the chance to be turned into a Little Swift, or a 3D Organizer Cube either. Sigh. [It helps to know that Burnt Orange is on the way though!]

Fortunately, I heeded the advice of wiser heads—I'm talking to you, @moriond! Back in April when I was lamenting the lack of a Nordic Little Swift, you advised me to just do it, and get a Nordic Swift instead. Just a couple of weeks ago I added a Nordic/Solar Pilot to my family as well. And I'm glad I did, because it looks like the family is never going to get any larger than five. :-(

I don't mean to rub salt in the wounds of those of you weren't quite fast enough to get your hands on something delicious in Nordic, but here is snapshot of my horde.

I included two shots—one furled, one unfurled—of the Large Nordic Shop Bag. And that's a Small Cafe Bag, a large Swift, a Pilot, and a Side Effect.

As you can tell, I've been so busy I haven't even had a chance to experiment with my brand new Pilot yet; the tags are still on it. But I already discovered one cool surprise I didn't expect—my iPad Air fits perfectly in either one of the side pockets. Wow! And it's even in a case [a Kavaj Berlin slim case]. The website's description of the bag says that the iPad Mini can fit in there, but it didn't mention that the Air can comfortably slide in there as well. Excellent!

~Nancy

Name:  DSCF6696.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  161.5 KB

Name:  DSCF6702.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  127.9 KB

Name:  DSCF6687.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  88.0 KB

Lovely photos and a great idea, @ncb4! Will have to follow suit when I get home. Would love to see other Nordic Family photos!!!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I cracked and ordered the Nordic Side Effect (arriving tomorrow). It will join the Nordic PCBP, PCSB, Shop Bag, Swift, Travel Tray, and Organizer Wallet. All this Nordic ordering has put me on a first name basis with the crew (who *cough cough* recognized me by name when I called to check on the possibility of a Nordic pocket pouch....). What can I say, I live to keep the Crew and UPS in business.

Will post even more Nordic photos soon... :-).

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I cracked and ordered the Nordic Side Effect (arriving tomorrow). It will join the Nordic PCBP, PCSB, Shop Bag, Swift, Travel Tray, and Organizer Wallet. All this Nordic ordering has put me on a first name basis with the crew (who *cough cough* recognized me by name when I called to check on the possibility of a Nordic pocket pouch....). What can I say, I live to keep the Crew and UPS in business.

@kkintea I always liked @GoStanford's comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    My UPS man has been very patient with me. He thanked me yesterday for the job security.
    Will look forward to the new pictures.

@ncb4 Nancy, I still wish they had released a version of the Little Swift in 400d Nordic Dyneema!
    Last edited by moriond; 05-13-2014 at 01:17 PM.

My UPS man should be visiting again this week! Love the family picture...if it weren't for the solar interior (Berkeley color combo, rival school) I would have tried for more Nordic pieces! The blue is such a rich and vibrant color, dark in some lighting, light in others. Reminds me of graph paper come to life in a way.

I keep hoping that Nordic is not gone for good jet. There was something in a remark of Darcys (something like wanting to use up the last of Nordic on bags rather than on Keystraps maybe?). It made me hope that they maybe have some left for one or two of the new bags to be announced?
    Hope dies last is a saying we have over here ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    There was something in a remark of Darcys (something like wanting to use up the last of Nordic on bags rather than on Keystraps maybe?). It made me hope that they maybe have some left for one or two of the new bags to be announced?
    Yes, please! A Nordic Aeronaut 30 would make my year.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post

Can't wait to see your photos, @kkintea: your Nordic family is much larger than mine. And I'm so envious of the Nordic Organizer Wallet; I didn't even know such a beast ever existed.

~Nancy
    kkintea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Can't wait to see your photos, @kkintea: your Nordic family is much larger than mine. And I'm so envious of the Nordic Organizer Wallet; I didn't even know such a beast ever existed.

~Nancy
    Argh, now it's UPS doing the salting...they made a mistake that'll delay my next Nordic dose by at least a day according to the push notification I just got. Wah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Coyote LS * Wishlist: New 400d Color

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    lovely set ncb4, Very lovely!
    ncb4 likes this.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

I'm afraid to say they may know me as that person that keeps adding to her backordered items!

Nono, that would be me.... ;)
    backpack and RDR3 like this.

My "slight" obsession with Nordic. I did have to pass on my Nordic Swift and replaced it with the Pilot. It belongs to "the family", except for the MCB with Nordic/UV, my three boys and husband won't touch that one ;) They'll probably snag the Nordic PCSB, TT and Aeronaut PCBP when those arrive.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  778.9 KB

Oh WOW, @RDR3. It's like the Duggar Family of Nordic!

Amazing photos of folks' nordic collection!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast