Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Recovery from TBAS

Recovery from TBAS

A picture is worth a thousand words, all better now.
    Name:  Unboxing.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  45.7 KB
    Last edited by Moose; 05-11-2014 at 06:29 AM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Ooh, that aubergine SE looks lovely - can't wait to get my hands on mine!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Aubergine is simply beautiful. You'll love it. This SE is aubergine/uv, how could I not? I have an aubergine/wasabi but this one became available I couldn't resist. I say that like I tried to, or considered resisting. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Aubergine is simply beautiful. You'll love it. This SE is aubergine/uv, how could I not? I have an aubergine/wasabi but this one became available I couldn't resist. I say that like I tried to, or considered resisting. :)
    I already have an aubergine/wasabi Swift (arrived on Friday) - and now I have an aubergine/wasabi SE and a black/aubergine/wasabi Smart Alec on their way :)

(Aubergine/UV sounds just a little too purple to me - I like my contrasting linings! But each to her own!)
    Moose likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

@Moose, can you post a pic with the SE open? Would like to see aubergine/uv together!
    Moose likes this.

Name:  SE1.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  39.1 KB

Name:  SE2.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  37.1 KB

kkintea, hope this gives you a decent idea and what you're looking for.
    Moose

It looks like it's doing a Muppet grin in the second one! :D
    Collections:

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    It looks like it's doing a Muppet grin in the second one! :D
    It kind of does, doesn't it. Have you seen the picture of the alien Synapse, that was a hoot. I could never find it again but moriond...

Volunteer Moderator
    It kind of does, doesn't it. Have you seen the picture of the alien Synapse, that was a hoot. I could never find it again but moriond...
    @Moose Do you mean the picture in this thread along with @RhoFro's box art?

@scribe I also ordered the same Aubergine/UV Side Effect. It's not really too much purple. I saw a picture of the PocketPouch in this color combination. There may be another picture of this combination in the forums, because I vaguely remember that @dorayme may have one like this. But here's the combination in one of the old forum pictures:

ETA: @dorayme had a different and even cooler PP color combination: Aubergine/Nordic

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 05-11-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added picture of Aubergine/Nordic PP
    Moose and Ilkyway like this.

Moriond, I've said it many times before, you nailed it. That is exactly the photo I had in mind. Oh, and thanks, I didn't know the pouch came in aubergine and uv, must add to tomorrow's order. I need one. As always need and want are interchangeable. :)
    Moose
    Ilkyway likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Oh, and thanks, I didn't know the pouch came in aubergine and uv, must add to tomorrow's order. I need one.
    Moose
    @Moose I found the initial Pocket Pouch release in a variety of colors was a really good way to check out interesting possible color combinations. A lot of the the combinations they made up initially as trial colors then aren't available now -- like the Kiwi/Nordic combination that I have, or any PP in Nordic Dyneema (this 400d fabric color hasn't been available in a PP for several months).

After @eightspokedb posted the image of the PP in Forest/Wasabi back in March, I took a look at more of the PP pictures in the forum threads. Here's the PP picture by @eightspokedb from the thread A surprising color combination that works (That thread was about matching Aubergine with green colors).

Some of the other Pocket Pouch pictures were pretty cute; AVService posted a bunch of pictures of his LEGO flashlight companion helper, Buddy, in "Buddy's Bag" — a new Cardinal/Nordic PP:

You can find the other pictures of Buddy by going to the Attachments forum and doing a search on "AVService" to bring up Ed's uploaded images (since the new web page format for the forum). This works from Computer web browsers, the iPad, or on the iPhone if you use a web browser app that can render pages like a Desktop browser, such as Atomic Web Browser, Perfect Web Browser, iCabMobile, etc.

A lot of the PP color combinations I viewed would have been helpful in answering questions about color matching in other threads — such as what Nordic looks like against Navy Ballistic Nylon, for example. Of course, all those PP color combinations are no longer around! Aubergine/UV was a combination that has been available recently.

HTH. moriond
    Moose and Janine like this.

I can confirm there is no Nordic in the pocket pouch. Just talked to the crew on Thursday. I of course got steel instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, may well have missed the boat. I'll ask about aubergine and uv anyway. I'd love kiwi/uv too. Probably won't get either but can't hurt to ask.

Volunteer Moderator
    Dang, may well have missed the boat. I'll ask about aubergine and uv anyway. I'd love kiwi/uv too. Probably won't get either but can't hurt to ask.
    I don't think they have Pocket Pouches in Kiwi, but the Aubergine/UV PP has been available quite recently. They haven't been making new Pocket Pouches for several weeks. I was also curious about whether there would be color combinations from the scraps of Cardinal left over from the last batch of the Aeronaut, but that hasn't happened either. Cardinal/Black or Cardinal/Nordic would have been pretty nice. The closest they had a few months ago was a couple of remaining Cardinal/Iberian Pocket Pouches. My impression is that they've been too busy keeping up with the back orders of the various bags, and also the new material introductions to devote any time to making PPs.

moriond
    Moose likes this.

As I said, I prefer contrasting linings - my first PP was aubergine/wasabi, and I just received a steel/solar one - my only bit of solar, as I'm not a fan of yellow. I love that forest/wasabi one, though!
    Collections:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0