• 12 Post By vivelly
  • 2 Post By moriond
  • 2 Post By vivelly
  • 1 Post By vivelly
  • 1 Post By moriond
  • 2 Post By scribe

Thread: first outing of our Synapse

first outing of our Synapse

What better way to christening my new Synapse than going on a charity walk through New Zealands beautiful bush.:) It passed the test with bravado as expected!!! :)
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    What better way to christening my new Synapse than going on a charity walk through New Zealands beautiful bush.:) It passed the test with bravado as expected!!! :)
    These are great pictures! Is this your new Synapse 19 in Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet? How do you like it compared to your earlier Synapse 25 (I recall you got the last one in 400d Steel Dyneema/Wasabi before it went on back order)? Very handsome bag -- and you managed to snag one of the ones with an Ultraviolet lining before they sold out!

I'd love to hear any of your initial impressions of when you will use one size bag or the other. And what a beautiful setting!

moriond

Hi Moriond, thank you! :-) Yes you are spot on...:) I love both bags!! This was the Synapse 19 and yes in steel/ultraviolet. I was so disappointed first when I missed out on the wasabi lining in the Synapse 19 (and sooo happy I still got it in the Synapse 25, thanks Beau!) but when it arrived I actually loved the ultraviolet lining and I am happy that I got 2 coloured ones now.
    The Synapse 19 was just perfect for the half day event for my daughter and I. In New Zealand the weather can change quickly and we brought along an extra jumper and rain jacket..one big bottle of water, umbrella, phone, keys, first aid kit and my wallet, oh and my tom bihn whistle and guardian light (in case we get lost..haha). It was nowhere near full..the typical Mary Poppins syndrome you get in tb bags. It was very comfy and very light and it was way the smartest backpack around. I knew where everything was..no looking for things and the zips are easy to open and close.
    I have not used the Synapse 25 yet...I am desperate for an occasion....I love both really a lot. I think I will use the Synapse 25 for overnight trips...hiking or visiting friends for a weekend on the other Island. Would be great also for my daughters 3 day horse camps, just the right size, but I am very reluctant to give it to her...I might not get it back. :) And the Synapse 19 for day trips, zoo, hikes, beach etc...

I have the Aeronaut on preorder too...so I guess I will be in a real bag dilemma in the future "Which one to take?" I think I will use the Aeronaut for overseas visit to my family in Germany (if I ever save up enough money for it, I have to stop buying bags ;-)) and the Synapse 25 for trips over here.

I said the other day to my daughter that I would love to lead the life of a Nomad on the back of a horse...go where the wind takes us...and she said..yes, you..the horse..your Imago, your Cafe Bag, and Synapses and all your Tom Bihn stuff. Thats about right..lol How many Tom Bihn bags can you fit onto a horse?
    Last edited by vivelly; 05-10-2014 at 09:30 PM.

PS The pocket on top of the water bottle pocket is perfect for my Samsung Galaxy phone. Easy accessible too for making photos. I never can squeeze my phone into the suede lined pockets in Tom Bihn bags...cause Tom is an Apple fan and we Android users need bigger pockets..lol
    Maybe 2 bag versions in the future...SynapseI and SynapseAndroit. Just kidding...;-)
    Ilkyway likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    PS The pocket on top of the water bottle pocket is perfect for my Samsung Galaxy phone. Easy accessible too for making photos. I never can squeeze my phone into the suede lined pockets in Tom Bihn bags...cause Tom is an Apple fan and we Android users need bigger pockets..lol
    Maybe 2 bag versions in the future...SynapseI and SynapseAndroit. Just kidding...;-)
    You could always use the suede-lined pocket for sunglasses. It's easier to get your phone out of the pocket on top of the water bottle pocket in any case, if it starts ringing.
    vivelly likes this.

Yes thats right...or better even leave phone at home and take a camera....its good to have a time out with mobile phones sometimes. :)

I said the other day to my daughter that I would love to lead the life of a Nomad on the back of a horse...go where the wind takes us...and she said..yes, you..the horse..your Imago, your Cafe Bag, and Synapses and all your Tom Bihn stuff. Thats about right..lol How many Tom Bihn bags can you fit onto a horse?
    Tom Bihn saddlebags FTW! Maybe SkookumDog will branch out into other quadrupeds? :)
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0