• 9 Post By PaulT00
  • 2 Post By PaulT00
  • 1 Post By icebeng
  • 2 Post By scribe
  • 6 Post By PaulT00
  • 8 Post By kkintea
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 4 Post By bb93fo57

Thread: My Nordic and Black 'special edition' travel trays are here!

Cool My Nordic and Black 'special edition' travel trays are here!

Name:  closeup.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  229.8 KB

I already have a Pilot and a Synapse 19 in Nordic, but this is my first Black dyneema item. It's very handsome...

...and Aggie the cat likes them as well. :)

Name:  aggie and the travel trays.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  175.5 KB
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

You have me almost wishing I'd ordered a black one before they sold out - but I deliberately went for a "can't miss it whilst packing up to leave the hotel" wasabi :)
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

@scribe - I already have two Solar ones to fit that particular bill... one of which has saved my bacon on at least two occasions.
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

@PaulT00
    How are you going to use the trays? Although it looks like your cat may already have plans to hijack them lol

@scribe
    I didn't bother with reason when I ordered mine lol, I'll admit that I succumbed to "Ooooh! Limited Edition!!!!" "Buy 1st, think later!"

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    @scribe
    I didn't bother with reason when I ordered mine lol, I'll admit that I succumbed to "Ooooh! Limited Edition!!!!" "Buy 1st, think later!"
    I was a bit like that with the black PCSB. I vaguely liked the idea of something bigger than a SE to use as a seat-back bag, and the limited edition black dyneema totally swung me in favour of getting one!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

@PaulT00
    How are you going to use the trays? Although it looks like your cat may already have plans to hijack them lol
    I haven't decided yet. One of the Solar ones already lives in the end pocket of my Aeronaut on a permanent basis, the other Solar holds spare contact lenses and various gubbins and lives in my bedside table. Aggie may have plans - she usually does! - but they're MINE I TELL YOU! MINE!

@scribe
    Funnily enough... picture the scene: early hours of the morning, insomnia, browsing on my iPhone in bed, new post from Darcy... 5 minutes later I'd ordered two new Travel Trays in limited edition colours, without the faintest clue what I was going to use them for! :)

Does anybody see a need for a simple travel tray that is more like a bowl without the extra material to close the tray? I find that an open brightly colored very simple tray like that would be useful.

Have you seen "if it fits, I sits"? Everything made by Tom Bihn and the Crew is an opportunity for a cat to try to fit itself into. They also love the boxes that transport the goodies intended for humans, and the tags on the goodies intended for humans. I find that my cat is attracted to Dyneema in particular. Perhaps we should do a formal experiment?

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Have you seen "if it fits, I sits"? Everything made by Tom Bihn and the Crew is an opportunity for a cat to try to fit itself into. They also love the boxes that transport the goodies intended for humans, and the tags on the goodies intended for humans. I find that my cat is attracted to Dyneema in particular. Perhaps we should do a formal experiment?
    Loved the video!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Does anybody see a need for a simple travel tray that is more like a bowl without the extra material to close the tray? I find that an open brightly colored very simple tray like that would be useful.
    We're in the same boat. The items I would put in the tray, I would never cinch the tray closed and go. The items would have to go back into my pants pockets and I would repack the tray before leaving the room to come back home. I too would prefer a bowl at a cheaper price.

Maybe a small travel or yarn sack ?

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Maybe a small travel or yarn sack ?
    I tried and it could work, but the diameter is fairly narrow and the sides are not that stiff. I really like the width, reinforcement, and height of the TT but I don't need it to close, and I somehow prefer that the Dyneema be uniformly sewn (not alternating from inner to outer surface, you know what I mean, when it is not folded up). Just thinking out loud!

I tried and it could work, but the diameter is fairly narrow and the sides are not that stiff. I really like the width, reinforcement, and height of the TT but I don't need it to close, and I somehow prefer that the Dyneema be uniformly sewn (not alternating from inner to outer surface, you know what I mean, when it is not folded up). Just thinking out loud!
    I got it! The yarn sacks look wider and I have seen threads showing then as trays... I have ordered some to try... when I get mine I will try to make a taminca style photo session!

Last edited by eWalker; 05-14-2014 at 04:43 PM.

I like the yarn sack. The clip on the outside is really handy. I can put all the stuff I'm carrying in it, cinch it down and clip it to my WF or TS. It then goes through airport security with no worries.

I also use it as a travel tray, it's a great catch all. I found the travel tray to be a little too structured for what I needed.
    eWalker likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

The UPS guy brought Black Dyneema Goodness today!

Name:  Black TT.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  131.5 KB
    Current Traveling Companions:
    Black Ballistic: Tri-Star (w/Iberian), Co-Pilot (w/Iberian)
    Steel Ballistic: Aeronaut30 (w/UV), Pilot (w/UV), Western Flyer (w/Iberian)
    Black Dyneema: Synapse25 (w/Wasabi), Pilot (w/Wasabi), Side Effect (w/Wasabi)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0