Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: New packing cube shoulder bags

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    In the midst of all the excitement on receiving my goodies, there is a small question I forgot to ask.
    The webpage for the Packing Cube Shoulder bags state that "We don't include a shoulder strap with the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag..."
    But both my black and nordic PCSBs arrived with Simple Shoulder Straps installed! @scribe's photo shows one freshly out of the box with Strap installed too. Is the strap a gift from the TB crew?
    Could have been an error in fulfilling the order (and @scribe might have ordered the PCSB with a Simple Shoulder Strap). I, on the other hand, received a shipment of a Pilot without a Simple Shoulder Strap (and I believe that is supposed to be included with the bag). I've also received some Side Effects without some of the cord pulls. I think these last few days have just been rather hectic for the Tom Bihn folks.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Could have been an error in fulfilling the order (and @scribe might have ordered the PCSB with a Simple Shoulder Strap). I, on the other hand, received a shipment of a Pilot without a Simple Shoulder Strap (and I believe that is supposed to be included with the bag). I've also received some Side Effects without some of the cord pulls. I think these last few days have just been rather hectic for the Tom Bihn folks.

moriond
    Ah! Thanks for the clarification! I shall email them to find out, and see if I can pay for them if it was truly an error.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    In the midst of all the excitement on receiving my goodies, there is a small question I forgot to ask.
    The webpage for the Packing Cube Shoulder bags state that "We don't include a shoulder strap with the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag..."
    But both my black and nordic PCSBs arrived with Simple Shoulder Straps installed! @scribe's photo shows one freshly out of the box with Strap installed too. Is the strap a gift from the TB crew?
    Alas, no! I ordered a shoulder strap with my PCSB and they came already clipped together. Likewise the Knitting Tool Pouches I ordered with double carabiners came pre-clipped - I assume this is standard practice in the packing department, to prevent small items getting lost. A good thing too, as something (machinery? hellhounds?) had chewed a 2" hole in one corner of the TB box!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    On their way: DLBP, 3DFOCs, another YSS!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    No… this was a one time thing. Because it's a Packing Cube, we think it makes more sense to make it out of the lighter 200d Dyneema/nylon in general.
    @Darcy, and what if the final product is more then a packing cube?

Like what happened over time with Side Effect... I would love to have the shoulder bag with the organization of a Lead Pocket.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1399946640115.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  61.5 KB

And judging from the given dimensions of Aeronaut 30 It would be a perfect fit as an end pocket organizer.

Just thinking...

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eWalker; 05-12-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Orders shipped! Waiting for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 arrival! ETA: August 29!!

I finally got my third and final PCSB in the mail yesterday, so I thought I'd share some pictures!

Here they are all together. Black, Steel, and Nordic!

Here's a mega close up of the different fabrics.

The black and steel colors are pretty similar, I think but they definitely look different when held up in sunlight!

Aaaannnndddd just because I love you guys and gals, here's a bonus shot of my SA when I went hiking the other day!

I think I may go order an Iberian PCSB now...

Moosezilla gets enabler points. I just squeaked in under the price increase wire and ordered a wasabi PCSB. It can balance out the steel one I already have, and find a happy home in an Aeronaut end pocket.

Looking at Moosezilla's lovely PCSBs, I noticed that the grey one doesn't have the diagonal grid lines characteristic of 200d dyneema and is a darker shade of grey. Does this mean that the grey dyneema PCSB was released in 400d? I thought Darcy said the PCSBs were only available in black and nordic for 400D. *confused*
    eWalker likes this.

Sigh... I am late to the Once-In-A-Life Event of 400d Dyneema PCSB.
    I hope TB bring it back some days. I will wait infinitely for it.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Sigh... I am late to the Once-In-A-Life Event of 400d Dyneema PCSB.
    I hope TB bring it back some days. I will wait infinitely for it.
    I am lighting candles and joining you in prayers for this to happen!! ;)
    Orders shipped! Waiting for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 arrival! ETA: August 29!!

Just wondering though, would Tom Bihn ever have 400 Dyneema Shopping Bag?
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC Vertical Size1, HorizontalM2
    TT Iberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List : Taking a long break
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

They.... did......
    Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but there were batches of Shop Bags made in 400d Steel, Nordic and Black Dyneema.
    The Nordic ones are sadly gone.
    The current batch of Steel is still 400d, I believe.
    Black Dyneema should stay around for the foreseeable future, I'm just not sure if it'll be a staple offering in the Shop Bags.

Oh. That's interesting.
    Perhaps, I try to email them and see their response.

Icebeng, do you remember how long ago was that batches?
    Also, do you own any Shopping Bag? Are they that awesome?
    I am thinking to give it to my wife whose bag keep overflow with Tupperware 1L Vertical Water Bottle, her LunchBox and her Horizontal Wallet and (I lent her) Snake Chamber and Double Organizer Pouch (Medium).

The shopping bags are awesome both in 200 + 400er dyneema. For shopping (dah) for swimming gear, as a picnic basket for a catch it all in the car (with three children a Travel Trai just wouldn't do the trick) and I have read that people are using them as a tote. I prefer the Swift for that because it has more structure.

Hope this helps.

Do I own any Shop Bags? Yes. <cough><cough>
    How long ago? I'll say it's been a couple of months, maybe more. Can't possibly be more than 4 cos I stumbled across TB in March this year.
    My parents are the heavy users, they have specific Shop Bags for different purposes, coded by color.
    Uses include groceries and market shopping, transporting treats during festivals for relatives (dumplings for e.g), prayer stuff when they're going to the temple and they even designated 2(black) for Qing Ming (tomb sweeping).
    I might as well come clean, except for Iberian (which are held up by a back order), I have the large and small in every current color.
    I'm going to try and reclaim 2 once those come in lol, although I suspect I'll probably have to order another 2.
    They are deceptive. They don't look huge, but you can stuff plenty of things in. And they have inner pockets for organization. You can turn the bag inside out so the pockets are on the outside to increase capacity. I specifically forbade my parents from doing that though as I don't want them to carry too much. The padded handles are really good, fingers turning purple or blue from lack of circulation from plastic bag handles are a thing of the past.
    They have o-rings on the inside too, great for clipping stuff. Like the organizer pouches.
    The 2 o-rings are opposite sides you can clip each end of a key strap to them to keep the opening from er... flaring open?

Let's be realistic here, "lent"? I don't think you're getting your pouches back :p
    And lastly, I think we kinda derailed the thread :p sorry!

Oh, that's a lot Shopping Bag you have there, @icebeng.
    Great to hear such good family story. Hehe.

Yup, I find the Shopping Bag quite versatile with Interior 2 Pockets, O-Ring and also able could reverse (terbalik in Malay Language).

Haha. I know Shopping Bag is not related to this Topic.
    I initially ask here because PCSB also comes with limited 400d and from @llkyway, there is also 400d Shopping Bag.
    Do you guys have those - the 400d Shopping Bag?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0