Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: New packing cube shoulder bags

Sorry about that. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have said anything.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Sorry about that. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have said anything.
    @bchaplin I'm sure there are forum lurkers who you "enabled" by posting your information, and we all love seeing pictures of these bags! It's just that Nordic Dyneema products are very, very popular, so it doesn't take much for them to sell out.

Thanks for the pictures and the links.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    You are bad!! Since the wait for the smaller Aeronaut is coming to end you will start a new TB fever! ;)
    Uh, isn't that her job? ;)

And I must say, I will be in line to order a PCSB sized bag, lined, with pockets and o-rings, in just about any fabric.

Or two. Or ....

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    May I point out the the Packing Cube Backpacks in 400d Nordic Dyneema for the Aeronaut are still currently available for order, if you act now? That's probably because they are still listed on back order, and nobody has received and posted a picture yet. Usually, once you wait that long, a wave of orders immediately follows the posted picture, and that clears out the stock.
    I previously ordered a Black Aeronaut PCBP and a Nordic TS/WF PCBP, but @moriond's post (and Darcy's about the 400d Dyneema PCSBs being sold out) got me to thinking...

What if I end up liking one color more than the other and desperately wished I had a set of PCBPs in the same color? What if I some day buy another Aeronaut or TS or WF (never say never!) in a color combo that clashes with the PCBP I have in that size? What if I need a PCBP to hold my clothes being left in the hotel (or in the car) and need another for a day bag? What if this were my one and only chance and I miss out like I did with all those TB bags in Indigo and Cork, and the Imago, and the S19 in UV Dyneema? ARGH!!!!!

I caved and placed another order, this time for a Nordic Aeronaut PCBP and Black TS/WF PCBP.

So enabler points for @moriond even though this message (warning?) was not even intended for me.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Had been procrastinating about placing an order for a Black Dyneema PCSB for some time: finally did it this morning before leaving for work!

I assumed that it would take a week or two to be filled, since I also ordered a backordered item (listed as not available til late May) at the same time.

This thread had me wondering if I'd ever see that Black Dyneema PCSB, but looks like I squeaked in under the wire -- just received shipping confirmation for the whole enchilada.

Kudos to The Crew for once again exceeding expectations and shipping sooner than expected. :-)
    Last edited by bb93fo57; 05-07-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    Current Traveling Companions:
    Black Ballistic: Tri-Star (Iberian), Co-Pilot (Iberian)
    Steel Ballistic: Western Flyer (Iberian), Pilot (UV)
    Black Dyneema: Synapse25 (Wasabi), Pilot (Wasabi), Side Effect (Wasabi), PCSB

Looks like the travel tray in nordic and black dyneema is sold out now too.

You know what, I couldn't have been luckier with this Dyneema shortage. When I travelled last summer my Iberian PCSB became my everyday carry even though I had brought along my small café bag. It was light and able to carry a lot of stuff, ie lunch, snacks, maps and guidebooks, water bottle, camera, sunglasses, etc. It lacked structure though, so it was lumpy-looking and at times I was stabbed in the sides by pointier objects. When I got back home, I realized what would have been the perfect bag was a 400d dyneema PCSB. I didn't think it would happen but a year later, it did and I lucked out big time! I got my Nordic PCSB in the mail today and it is perfect!!! It's so solid and such a nice colour. It's just a shame that it's a once in a lifetime option. There needs to be more of these.
    Last edited by Lime; 05-08-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I previously ordered a Black Aeronaut PCBP and a Nordic TS/WF PCBP, but @moriond's post (and Darcy's about the 400d Dyneema PCSBs being sold out) got me to thinking...

What if I end up liking one color more than the other and desperately wished I had a set of PCBPs in the same color? What if I some day buy another Aeronaut or TS or WF (never say never!) in a color combo that clashes with the PCBP I have in that size? What if I need a PCBP to hold my clothes being left in the hotel (or in the car) and need another for a day bag? What if this were my one and only chance and I miss out like I did with all those TB bags in Indigo and Cork, and the Imago, and the S19 in UV Dyneema? ARGH!!!!!

I caved and placed another order, this time for a Nordic Aeronaut PCBP and Black TS/WF PCBP.

So enabler points for @moriond even though this message (warning?) was not even intended for me.
    Why not do a little photo ops (like with the double organizer pouches) with the PCBPs once they arrive? If they all have different and dedicated purposes, then it wouldn't be classified as a "I caved in to enabling" purchase. Plus, we'll all get to see your awesome photos, so it'll be a win win situation for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It's just a shame that it's a once in a lifetime option. There needs to be more of these.
    I'd like to think that this was a "throw it at the wall, see what sticks" moment for TB.

Sure, Darcy said (and I quote) that "[b]ecause it's a Packing Cube, we think it makes more sense to make it out of the lighter 200d Dyneema/nylon in general." Okay, sure. That makes sense. I get it. But. If they hear from enough of the few, the lucky few who fought with us on St Crispin's Day -- sorry, no, I mean -- if they hear from enough of the the lucky few with Black and/or Nordic PCSBs about how amazing they are: maybe, just maybe, they'll consider developing a light SCB-like satchel/shoulder bag. Combine with the recent demise of the Imago, and you can see where I'm going with this...

So. All of you who managed to get an order in for a 400d Dyneema PCSB, please: post repeatedly and with many exclamation points (oh and lots of pictures) how much you loveloveLOVE your delicious 400d PCSBs. Repeatedly. With pictures. Lots of pictures.

Just got my black Dyneema PCSB. It is pretty great. Really like the black. Made me want to replace my steel Dyneema LCB with a black one. It would be awesome to have a larger horizontal messenger bag or even a sling type bag in this fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by zutphen View Post
    So. All of you who managed to get an order in for a 400d Dyneema PCSB, please: post repeatedly and with many exclamation points (oh and lots of pictures) how much you loveloveLOVE your delicious 400d PCSBs. Repeatedly. With pictures. Lots of pictures.
    Will do! I'm planning on using mine as a seat-back bag on my long haul flight to the US in July, as it will be plenty big enough for my iPad mini, snacks, flight kit etc. My plan is to stuff it into the main compartment of my Pilot (if the latter arrives in time), alongside a small packing cube, then swap it out with my SE for the flight. It may also end up being my EDC at the convention - my hotel is some way from the venue, so I'll need to carry more than I would if I were on-site.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

@zutphen It appears I can satisfy your wishes a lot sooner than expected - I got home this lunchtime to find a TB box on my doorstep! (Thank goodness I live in a low-crime area...)

Name:  pcsb_1.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  69.8 KB

I did a quick test pack to see what I could get into it. Answer: iPad mini in cache, flight kit (inflatable neck pillow, eye mask and ear plugs) in Travelon mini packing cube, Evernote Moleskine and a Kobo e-reader - and I still had loads of space!

Name:  pcsb_2.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  975.8 KB

This is going to help make the 8-hour flight go a lot more smoothly!
    Collections:
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Mine just arrived too!
    Name:  photo (2).JPG
Views: 268
Size:  705.9 KB
    These are my 1st PCSBs, I haven't handled any 200d PCSBs before, so I can't compare, but the floppiness which others have pointed out, does not seem to be a big problem here.
    Now bear in mind that these are brand new and have not been broken in yet, so I have no idea what might happen as I use them.
    But I put one side of the PCSB up on the side of the box to take the picture, there's nothing below the PCSB propping it up.
    This might give you some insight about their structure (firmness)

I have a totally nooby question as well, the 200d Dyneema fabric has, how do I describe this, invisible lines running diagonally to the white Dyneema grid lines,but am I right to say the 400d Dyneema fabric does not have this characteristic?

Edit: to add that yes, I like my PCSBs, and if it helps, +1 vote to making these again so others can have a chance to see/use these great bags/cubes.
    Last edited by icebeng; 05-09-2014 at 08:07 AM.

You are right there. The 400er does not have these lines. I think in the 200er they are used to make the material a bit more sturdy since they seem to bee sicker as the rest of the blue threads?

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    I have a totally nooby question as well, the 200d Dyneema fabric has, how do I describe this, invisible lines running diagonally to the white Dyneema grid lines,but am I right to say the 400d Dyneema fabric does not have this characteristic?
    I noticed that too! The 400d is a straightforward grid, like quadrille paper, whereas the 200d has the glossy diagonal lines creating a diamond pattern when it catches the light. Maybe, as Ilkyway says, it's to add strength in the lighter weight fabric?
    Collections:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0