Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Clearing out and a possible problem

Clearing out and a possible problem

Name:  Bags 1.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  39.3 KB
    Name:  Bags 2.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  39.2 KBName:  Bags 3.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  37.4 KB

I was cleaning up my closet a bit this morning. I found this, I'm concerned I may have a problem. After taking the photo I realized I left a stuff sack out of the photo. I didn't include the fists full of key straps and other gizmos either. Eeeek...
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 05-04-2014 at 07:46 AM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Problem? What problem??
    Oh......... I got it!
    NOT ENOUGH TB BAGS!!!!! YOU NEED MORE!!!!!!
    :P

Its an impressive and awesome collection, Moose!
    You must be proud of it!

I do love them, I also use them but it still scares me a little. :) I love the purple, aubergine and kiwi colors though. I did send my Brain Bag to a new home. I am also sending my Co-Pilot and Travel Tray to a new home too. A really good thing since I have another order arriving Wednesday. Jeepers, is there a pill for this???
    Moose

I'd love to see other people's collections too, I'd like to know I'm not alone in the world.

Yes, Moose, you do have a problem -- you need larger beds and closets!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I did send my Brain Bag to a new home. I am also sending my Co-Pilot and Travel Tray to a new home too.
    Why does this remind me of the Goon Show dialog from "The Histories of Pliny the Elder"? Excerpted bits below; highlighting is mine:
    … in the year ex-el-one-one-one B.C., Julius Caesar set foot on the British shore and was greeted by the natives.

Bloodnok:
    Ohhh! So the Romans want to take the field against us, do they?

Greenslade (Announcer):
    And so the Britons, in their blue woad, took the field before the might of the Roman Army.

Seagoon:
    And another thing, you're only allowed eleven men on the field. I've counted 693 of yours so far!

Caesar:
    All right, I'll send one off.

Seagoon:
    Right, carry on!
    And, as for being alone, didn't you comment recently in the New colors: Kelly, French Blue, and Steel in the Cafe Bag thread?:

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Several weeks ago, I bought two SCBs -- Olive for casual use and Black for more "serious" occasions -- and thought I was done. Surely those 2 SCBs would cover the range of needs I have. But the Kelly and French Blue... Sigh. Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    ......as long as u log into this forum you are never "done".
    :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    You're also never alone. :)
    Moose
    Nice collection!

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 05-04-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    backpack and Moose like this.

Loving all the purples there. Pleas do not defing it as a problem because than I had to concede that I have the same. And something so much fun can not be a problem, can it?

It is not hurting anybody and it has great practical value. There are much worse things to collect. Even in the bag-section. You could crave Louis Vuitton. That would be much more expensive and much less practical.

Ilkyway

moiond, and so I did. I really was a bit worried this morning though. Jeepers... :) That said, I realize I will probably "need" the new Aeronaut30. I

Ilkway, you are correct, there are other habits I could have that would be a great deal more expensive and much less practical. At least I actually use most of my bags.

Until it is out I tell myself that I do not need an Aeronout30. Heaving bags in that range of space and so on. We will see what happens when it is out though. But me beeing a blue and purple person, if there will be a purple S19 ever again one will fly to Germany.
    backpack and Moose like this.

Luckily it'd be hard for me to take such a picture because I've strategically spread my collection throughout the house, office, and car :-)

And I have TWO packages coming this week. Teehehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Coyote LS * Wishlist: New 400d Color

Something in the air - I took stock this morning and moved four boxes to the basement and a shop bag stuffed with other bags to the closet. I would say if you like them and use them - and especially as you have rehomed some - you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing the photo.
    Moose likes this.

[QUOTE=kkintea;64058]Luckily it'd be hard for me to take such a picture because I've strategically spread my collection throughout the house, office, and car :-)

And I have TWO packages coming this week. Teehehe.

Generally mine is spread out too. This morning was the exception. While cleaning (see if I ever do that again) they just kept creeping out and stacking up. Every time I moved something there was another one... :)
    kkintea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Something in the air - I took stock this morning and moved four boxes to the basement and a shop bag stuffed with other bags to the closet. I would say if you like them and use them - and especially as you have rehomed some - you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing the photo.
    You're welcome, not the best quality photo but I'm sure everyone gets the idea. I take from your note that three out, five in is a good balance. :)

Volunteer Moderator
    @Moose, You do realize, don't you,that this being the TB forums, apart from the primary reaction of awestruck admiration, the other response you're likely to get is from forum members who are willing to "help" you out with storage issues by offering good homes for all those wonderful products and colors (especially in purple, Aubergine, and Kiwi shades) that are no longer sold?

moriond

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I see no problem here, and look, you are willing to let the bags go that you don't need so you have complete control. . .at least that's what the voice in my head saiz.
    Lime and Ilkyway like this.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Yes, Moose, you do have a problem -- you need larger beds and closets!
    I wish we had a multi-like button. You made me laugh and after the scare I go this morning I really appreciate that. :)
    Moose
    moriond likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0