Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Photo Request: Smart Alec on a 5'3" person

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltee View Post
    I know it's a personal preference in the end, but would someone comment on the SA in Dyneema versus ballistic nylon? The Dyneema is lighter weight and crushable, but is this bag "better" with the structure conferred by the ballistic nylon?
    I'd like to know that too. If someone has both, might he/she pleas tell about his/her thoughts on that?

@Scribe, my cat may have unwittingly sacrificed her privacy on my behalf - you are a bit too clever!

@moriond, yes it is an Ibex sweater - good catch! It is super soft and comfortable, and it was an accidental match with my phone case.

@hamiltee, I love the lighter weight dyneema for the SA, and it still has plenty of structure. I have not tried the other version SA. When I saw the black dyneema in person, I fell in love with it. I will confess that I really wanted a single color SA, rather than two colors, and the dyneema appealed to me more than all black. It seems extremely strong and sturdy so far.
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    @Scribe, my cat may have unwittingly sacrificed her privacy on my behalf - you are a bit too clever!
    So I'm told ;)
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0