Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thread: Luggage Customs

Luggage Customs

Post pics of your customizations! The pic on this thread Black Dyneema Pilot with Zipper Pulls gave me incentive to take a pic of mine and start this thread. Mine isn't TB (yet) but it can give you and idea of gray and orange. And it is a good example of zipper pulls without the metal tab. In the pic it is sitting on a navy blue rug. The oranges are slightly different shades. The rope of the zipper pulls is parachute cord, I forget the thickness.

Name:  lands end sofsided flightwise.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  7.1 KB
    Name:  lands end sofsided flightwise (1).jpg
Views: 454
Size:  415.8 KB

I figure I'll probably do something similar for my aeronaught jr bag as I did in the first post. Here is a pic of what my wife did to her bag. They are patches but she glued them on instead. So far so good.
    Name:  20140427_185647.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  839.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    I figure I'll probably do something similar for my aeronaught jr bag as I did in the first post. Here is a pic of what my wife did to her bag. They are patches but she glued them on instead. So far so good.
    OK - this is officially super-cute. I am impressed with crafty people and wish I were one. What a unique way to decorate her bag - instantly recognizable and very pretty.

I was hoping more people would share so those who aren't good at ideas can use other peoples ideas and share the collage. The colorful padded handle wraps are by Samsonite. Patches found at Hobby Lobby. Orange cord and ends found at strapworks dot com and the neon luggage tags I think came from the container store. Maybe one day TB will offer some personalization items.