• 12 Post By taminca
  • 2 Post By luvdabags
  • 2 Post By kkintea
  • 1 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 1 Post By taminca

Thread: TB in Antelope Valley

TB in Antelope Valley

After several dry years, Antelope Valley got a little but very timely rain this season and is bursting with poppies. As a Californian, I have to share some photos celebrating my state flower and, of course, my TB bags (two of them, anyway). I couldn't decide on a favorite photo of each bag, so will post several, in 2 parts. These were taken in Lancaster at the State Poppy Reserve and along Lancaster Road.

First up is the Smart Alec:

Name:  DSC_0171.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  203.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0023.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  145.0 KB

Name:  P1020108.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  105.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0025.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  144.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0063.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  110.8 KB
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

TB in Antelope Valley, Part 2

And here is the Small Shop Bag:

Name:  DSC_0226.jpg
Size:  160.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0134.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  142.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0097.jpg
Size:  152.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0108.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  176.0 KB

It took this trip for me to appreciate the Small Shop Bag. I have purchased 4 Large Shop Bags and love them but was not even tempted by the small-sized one until Darcy mentioned that Nordic is being retired. So I purchased one. And this trip, it was my favorite. When I did not feel like lugging the SA around on those hills, the Small Shop Bag was just perfect to hold my camera, iPhone, TB organizer wallet, granola bars and a bottle of water. It was comfortable to carry and Nordic is, of course, gorgeous against the poppies!
    -- David Whyte

Love all the pics, but that last one of the SA looks like a little man gazing out across the fields! Perfect! Love that color in the SA with the aubergine against the black.

Tom Bihn meets the Wizard of Oz?

Gorgeous pics!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Tom Bihn meets the Wizard of Oz?

Gorgeous pics!
    Agreed, these are gorgeous pics. But even though the poppy is the official California State flower, and even though I've seen lots of these growing in the state, and these are not red (the color of all those Remembrance Day poppies used by Veterans' groups), the sight of fields of poppies always reminds me of the John McCrae poem from WW I, "In Flanders Fields" (There was a better Canadian web site that I used to see, but I can't find it quickly right now to link to, so this will have to do.)

moriond
    taminca likes this.

I love you pictures taminca. I have never seen thous flowers in my live. I have to visit America.

May I ask what you did with the unused parts of the straps of your Smart Alec? It looks so need and tidy. For now I took the straps of again, but I think they might be a handy think to have when extra load has to be carried.

Ilkyway

Edit: I just looked up poppies. I laughed about myself. I have seen thous for sure. But never so many and in a more deeper red. It looks lovely like this.
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 04-21-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks, Ilkyway. Glad you like the photos. Do come visit; we LOVE tourists! :)

As for the straps, I used Velcro to wrap the excess and avoid dangling ends. Someone (I don't remember who) on the Forum posted this link to a YouTube video showing how... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zVmhG4L...%3DzVmhG4LX3Jg

Other Forum members have mentioned using special clips. For me, Velcro is just easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I love you pictures taminca. I have never seen thous flowers in my live. I have to visit America.

May I ask what you did with the unused parts of the straps of your Smart Alec? It looks so need and tidy. For now I took the straps of again, but I think they might be a handy think to have when extra load has to be carried.

Ilkyway

Edit: I just looked up poppies. I laughed about myself. I have seen thous for sure. But never so many and in a more deeper red. It looks lovely like this.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    -- David Whyte

Beautiful colour contrasts in both sets of pictures - TB should use them in promo photos :)

Californian poppies are a popular garden flower in the UK - in fact they're a persistent weed in my garden! Not that I mind weeds too much, though the false valerian does try to take over if you're not vigilant...
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    On their way: DLBP, 3DFOCs, another YSS!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0