Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Great Bags in beatyfull collors

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    taminca, apart from the Lower Modular Pocket thous are exact the items I have pending tool but only in nordic no black. So lets jump ahead to June. What about the forest Lower Modular Pocket. Do you have to send it bag or wasn't it on its way when Aubergine was available again?
    Ilkyway, I must confess to being a TB bag hound (as if anyone reading my posts could not tell). I picked up a used Forest/Ultraviolet SA and now have both upper and lower modular pockets in Forest for it.

My justifications: 1) the Aubergine SA is my dedicated camera bag (which I hate unpacking) and the Forest I use for long day or overnight trips; and 2) I "needed" a "companion" for my Forest/Cork/Wasabi Imago (eternal gratitude to @monkeylady for selling!). Well, that's my story and I am sticking to it!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Ilkyway, I must confess to being a TB bag hound (as if anyone reading my posts could not tell). I picked up a used Forest/Ultraviolet SA and now have both upper and lower modular pockets in Forest for it.

My justifications: 1) the Aubergine SA is my dedicated camera bag (which I hate unpacking) and the Forest I use for long day or overnight trips; and 2) I "needed" a "companion" for my Forest/Cork/Wasabi Imago (eternal gratitude to @monkeylady for selling!). Well, that's my story and I am sticking to it!
    Hmm… on the "green theme" does that mean I should point you to the Conifer Synapse currently on auction at eBay? This retired color in the original design Synapse (with "Portable Culture" label and narrower backpack strap placement) would go with your Forest accessories. (I just didn't think you would buy another bag…)

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hmm… on the "green theme" does that mean I should point you to the Conifer Synapse currently on auction at eBay? This retired color in the original design Synapse (with "Portable Culture" label and narrower backpack strap placement) would go with your Forest accessories. (I just didn't think you would buy another bag…)
    Thanks, @moriond, but even I must recognize my limits :) so no Conifer S19 for me. But as part of my green theme, I recently traded my Steel Dyneema S19 with another Forum member for her Olive Parapack S19.
    -- David Whyte

taminca you make me think about a second SA... What a very good rationalization for having two of them!

If I had your set I'd try out mixing the modular pockets. If you have have some time you do not know what to do with: I would love to see photos of your forest SA with or without aubergine modular pockets. The forest green is the only green that is tempting me. My husbands Aeronout is forest and it looks great next to my aubergine one.

taminca you make me think about a second SA... What a very good rationalization for having two of them!

If I had your set I'd try out mixing the modular pockets. If you have have some time you do not know what to do with: I would love to see photos of your forest SA with or without aubergine modular pockets. The forest green is the only green that is tempting me. My husbands Aeronout is forest and it looks great next to my aubergine one.
    Forest is indeed gorgeous. I will post some pics of the Forest SA for you, Ilkyway.

Btw I just noticed that a bit of wishful thinking slipped into my earlier post (which I now cannot edit)... I described my Imago as Forest/Cork/Wasabi when it is actually Forest/Cork/Steel. Apparently, my Wasabi love goes deep into the subconscious.
    -- David Whyte

In response to Ilkyway

I would love to see photos of your forest SA with or without aubergine modular pockets.
    Ilkyway, I cannot seem to take a good photo today... Cannot find any good light outside or inside and the camera's flash gives the ballistic fabric a weird sheen/pattern. Ah well... Here are my best attempts.

Name:  P1020170.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  361.7 KB

Name:  P1020192.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  364.4 KB

When the Aubergine Lower Modular Pocket arrives, I might try again to photograph these two SAs with alternating colored pockets. Although, I can already tell that I much prefer using the same colors for the SA and modular pockets.

And, yes, another reason I could not resist the Forest SA was the "Portable Culture" logo :)
    -- David Whyte

taminca thank you so much. You are right though, they look better with there "own" modular pockets. Congratulations on this great find of a forest SA. And I have to say, I anvy you the "Portable Culture" logo. For me made in USA is only valuable because it means "NOT made in China" but for obvious reasons it helds no patriotic value for me.
    But "Portable Culture" is right on target with the essence of these bags, isn't it?

Take care
    Ilkyway

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0