Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Great Bags in beatyfull collors

I went to order an Aubergine SA a week or two ago and it's no longer listed in the dropdown menu, even for backorder :( Hopefully this doesn't mean something...

oh- and fabulous pics, @ilkyway! The navy ballistic is my favorite, but I've been having a recent and passionate love affair with Aubergine this spring :)
    Ilkyway likes this.

In my opinion they have so much on their to do list with the wasabi out of stock and new bags on the brim... when that is all sorted out I believe, that the aubergine SA will return. I am sending positiv thoughts out there!
    Ilkyway
    Darcy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    And now my other favorite color: Aubergine
    I think the aubergine works best with the black straps and zippers etc. Also it is a girls color with a classy look. It goos with jeans as well with dresses and it is timeless.Attachment 5963
    I would have to contest that aubergine is a girl's color :) I bought a co-pilot in aubergine because I thought it was a lovely gender neutral color.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Darcy likes this.

Tachiyaku, sorry if I sounded narrow-minded. By all means enjoy this beautifully bag. I have seen this one on photos and I think it looks fabulous. And since my husband does not look ridiculous with my aubergine Aeronaut you have to be right about the gender neutrality. But in my head my SA will always be a girls backpack ;-)

Ilkyway

Ha, no worries :) I think all colors ought to be de-gendered anyway, but that's just me ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    I went to order an Aubergine SA a week or two ago and it's no longer listed in the dropdown menu, even for backorder :( Hopefully this doesn't mean something...
    Aubergine is here to stay (at least for now) -- it's just that we won't be making the Smart Alec in Aubergine this time around…
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Aubergine is here to stay (at least for now) -- it's just that we won't be making the Smart Alec in Aubergine this time around…
    Good to know! Thanks, Darcy. I will keep my eyes open for the return of the Aubergine/Wasabi Smart Alec...and jump quickly when it reappears :)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachiyaku View Post
    I would have to contest that aubergine is a girl's color :) I bought a co-pilot in aubergine because I thought it was a lovely gender neutral color.
    Just a quick comment, but @Seikoguy has taken some beautiful pictures of his Aubergine bag collection -- they're quite stunning, and he started collecting travel bags in Aubergine as soon as that color was released. Try browsing the Attachment forums under his name. Here are a few examples:
    Co-Pilot hits 3 nations in a day (Part 1 of 2)
    The Aubergine twins commence their trip
    TB Anticipation Syndrome
    That last post is in the middle of the TB Anticipation Syndrome thread, so scroll up to see some of the pictures of bags (notmall with Aubergine) that he bought other members of his family. Really addictive photographs.

moriond

If I did not have the CP in steel balistic thouse pictures would have made me buy it emiditly (this word just won't stop being underlined red. I hope you get what I mean anyway. Sometimes it is tricky thinking in German and writhing in English) in aubergine. But CP-wise I am a Dyneema-Girl. It is to stiff for me in ballistic. And the dyneema one does a good job as a bag in bag in the SA, S25 and Swift. Although I have to say that my CP stays home a lot.

Ilkyway

If I did not have the CP in steel balistic thouse pictures would have made me buy it emiditly (this word just won't stop being underlined red. I hope you get what I mean anyway. Sometimes it is tricky thinking in German and writhing in English) in aubergine. But CP-wise I am a Dyneema-Girl. It is to stiff for me in ballistic. And the dyneema one does a good job as a bag in bag in the SA, S25 and Swift. Although I have to say that my CP stays home a lot.

Ilkyway
    I totally get the whole thinking in German and writing in English thing...it's tough! (Vise versa for me!) I totally agree with Aubergine...I, too, have a CP in steel ballistic, but I would totally buy one in Aubergine if I had the funds and reasons for a 2nd CP! AHHHH
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Ilkyway, thank you! I just email TB and asked that they add the Forest Lower Modular Pocket to an order I placed earlier. Still...am crossing my fingers that Aubergine will return. Another TB product page that I will have to regularly check...
    taminca: I just saw that it is on backorder in Aubergine now. Maybe you can still swap?

@ Tlacltme for you too: the SA is in Aubergine for backorder.

Ilkyway
    moriond likes this.

taminca: I just saw that it is on backorder in Aubergine now. Maybe you can still swap?

@ Tlacltme for you too: the SA is in Aubergine for backorder.

Ilkyway
    WooHoo! Thanks for catching that, Ilkyway.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

taminca: I just saw that it is on backorder in Aubergine now.
    I was able to add the Aubergine Lower Modular Pocket to my backorder of Nordic and Black Dyneema TTs, PCSBs and PCBPs. June really just cannot come soon enough!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

taminca, apart from the Lower Modular Pocket thous are exact the items I have pending tool but only in nordic no black. So lets jump ahead to June. What about the forest Lower Modular Pocket. Do you have to send it bag or wasn't it on its way when Aubergine was available again?

Ilkyway

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0