Like Tree13Likes
  • 8 Post By allen2oo3
  • 5 Post By luvdabags

Thread: My 1 month love story with Tom Bihn

My 1 month love story with Tom Bihn

About a month ago I stumbled across the synapse while looking for a new every day carry backpack. I was immediately drawn to the synapse because of the dedicated bottle pocket and also the reported high build quality. I was preparing to order on the TB website but found one on ebay for a little less and I went for it. When the s19 arrived I absolutely loved it and appreciated the high quality materials and also build. Unfortunately being a big guy, the left shoulder strap didn't quite fit me right and it would dig in making it quite uncomfortable. I gave it to my sister who now uses it every day and loves it as much as I did. Below is a picture of the s19 with my Arcteryx 18L day-pack.

I have been wanting to become a 1 bag traveler for quite some time now. I just imagine having one carry on bag being so much easier than dealing with a large clumsy roller luggage. I knew that if the s19 was as good as it was, the larger TB bags would be amazing. 2 weeks after getting the s19, I placed an order for the Aeronaut in steel/steel...I was not disappointed. Even though the Aeronaut uses the same straps, they are mounted wider on the bag and that made all the difference for me. I can put it on my back fully loaded without an issues. 2 days after getting my aeronaut I placed another order for some packing cubes. I got a large cube, small cube, end cube and a clear quarter packing cube. Once again I was thrilled with all the pieces and the shipping crew included a nice little note.

So what's next? The outrigger hotel in hawaii was running a promo where the first 200 people to sign up would get an ocean view room for $10/night with a 5 night max. I got lucky and got in on the sale...for a total of $57 (taxes included) my girlfriend and I will be traveling for an impromptu trip for some much needed relaxation. As for TB bags, I wish I had included in my order a stuff sack to hold some of my cables and chargers. Maybe after my trip i'll give the s25 a try and include the stuff sack in the order. The Tom Bihn crew has gained a new customer for life.

I am very small. I could fit in your Aeronaut. Can I come to Hawaii too?!

Congrats on awesome bags, and welcome!

Regarding the uncomfortable shoulder strap on your S19, you may want to look at this thread where there's a discussion going on about how the strap placement on older model S19s (which you appear to have based on the portable culture tag I see) are much closer together than on the newer models. So you may want to give the S19 another shot to see if it works for you, and if it doesn't you can always return it.

Wow, that's great info. Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Tachiyaku View Post
    Regarding the uncomfortable shoulder strap on your S19, you may want to look at this thread where there's a discussion going on about how the strap placement on older model S19s (which you appear to have based on the portable culture tag I see) are much closer together than on the newer models. So you may want to give the S19 another shot to see if it works for you, and if it doesn't you can always return it.

I know how you feel. I'd never heard of Tom Bihn until someone on another forum I frequent asked other members to talk him out of buying a new TB bag. I was curious and googled the name...

O.M.G.

Seven weeks later and I'm already on my third order (see my sig). I think I need an intervention :D
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    I know how you feel. I'd never heard of Tom Bihn until someone on another forum I frequent asked other members to talk him out of buying a new TB bag. I was curious and googled the name...

O.M.G.

Seven weeks later and I'm already on my third order (see my sig). I think I need an intervention :D
    Wow, nice collection in such a short time!
    Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch | Various Key Straps

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0