Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Moosezilla
  • 4 Post By Moosezilla

Thread: Hiking with the Smart Alec

Hiking with the Smart Alec

The weather is finally looking more like it should in spring, so decided to take full advantage of it today with my SA.

I walked with my SA to the grocery store again and it swallowed my small list of groceries with no problems at all. I then came gone, unloaded, and re packed for my hike. I know the trails aren't that treacherous, so I didn't pack a whole lot of stuff. I had my headphones, 2 knives, Chapstick, Ibuprofen, and a Quest bar in the upper modular pocket. The water bottle pocket held my water bottle with room to spare. In the other side pocket, I packed some tissues, a flashlight, bottle opener, and whistle on a key strap, and my keys on a second key strap. The main compartment held my North Face water resistant jacket since the weather looked nice but I've lived here long enough to know that weather men are lying sacks of crap and to never trust the weather. The lower pocket in the main compartment held a pouch full of emergency lady things and an extra pair of socks. The two upper pockets in the main compartment held my first aid kit and a 1010 pelican case full of some other goodies. I was never uncomfortable while carrying the SA on my hour and a half long hike. I. Love. This. Bag. I think ill crack open a beer and grill a burger now...

And now, pictures!

Chillin in the car after the hike!

moriond and tpnl like this.

Here are some more pictures!

Very nice, @Moosezilla! My SA is jealous that yours have had more outdoor adventures. I shall have to rectify that soon. Thanks for the inspiration!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0