Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Just took my new Smart Alec shopping!

Just took my new Smart Alec shopping!

Since it's absolutely gorgeous out today, I decided to take my shiny new SA shopping. This entailed hiking about a mile one way through the wilderness (lots of construction and a lack of sidewalks) to the nearest grocery store. I got compliments on my SA at both stores, and I was surprised at how much it could swallow. I couldn't even feel the SA on my back on the way there, and it was super duper comfortable on the hike back to my apartment despite it weighing 10+ pounds. I was able to fit 2 bags of Epsom salt (6lbs), a bottle of wine, 2 jumbo rolls of paper towels, 2 air fresheners, a big bottle of dish soap, a clam of strawberries, a pack of grapes, a bag of carrots, and a pound of ground beef in the SA with no problem at all. Tom Bihn and company never ceases to amaze me with any of their products!
    For some scale in the first picture, I'm about 5'9" and roughly 155lbs.
    Last edited by Moosezilla; 03-30-2014 at 02:29 PM.

You can buy wine on a Sunday?!? Can't in Minnesota. :( I need to move! We can't have liquor in grocery stores either.
    Great job with your Smart Alec! I walk and get groceries, too, so I know how important a good bag is. I may need to rethink the Smart Alec.

Just took my new Smart Alec shopping!

That's funny considering I'm just the next state over...and it's only a 7 mile drive to great ole Minnesoooota! All HyVees and Lewis Drugs sell liquor all day, every day. It's very convenient!
    Rocks likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    You can buy wine on a Sunday?!? Can't in Minnesota.
    Why can't you buy wine on a Sunday?

Blue laws. Minnesota liquor stores are closed Sundays by law. You can get alcohol at a bar or restaurant, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    You can buy wine on a Sunday?!? Can't in Minnesota. :( I need to move! We can't have liquor in grocery stores.
    I shall have to remember this when I visit Minnesota in July! Here (UK), you can't buy alcohol before 8am, which can be a nuisance if you need to buy some on the way to work to take to an event later in the day.

(Apologies for thread hijack...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

If I recall correctly, Indiana has the same law as Minnesota. Florida used to prohibit sales before noon on Sundays, but I think that may have changed.

Great shots, Moosezilla! That black/black/wasabi combo sure looks great and was a very close second to black/Aubergine/wasabi when I was placing my SA order. One of the problems with TB bags is that it is excruciating to decide on a color combo when I want one of each!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Don't worry about the thread jacking! All y'alls can come on over to SD and we can go on a TB field trip to buy copious amounts of liquor at 6am...ON A SUNDAY!
    Last edited by Moosezilla; 03-30-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    Rocks and nsh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Great shots, Moosezilla! That black/black/wasabi combo sure looks great and was a very close second to black/Aubergine/wasabi when I was placing my SA order. One of the problems with TB bags is that it is excruciating to decide on a color combo when I want one of each!
    I also contemplated getting the Black/Aubergine/Wasabi combo, but was itching for an all black bag with a wasabi interior! Annnddd I didn't want to wait. But it appears that the Aubergine color option for a lot of bags has disappeared! Good thing I have an iPad Ristretto, a kit, and a SE in Aubergine! LOVE that color!

Is it sad that I'm mostly excited to have discovered that the SA water bottle pocket can fit a bottle of wine with no problem? Uh oh...

Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    Is it sad that I'm mostly excited to have discovered that the SA water bottle pocket can fit a bottle of wine with no problem? Uh oh...
    I was similarly excited to discover a bottle of wine fit in my nice new CoPilot... I've already discovered how much wine can fit in both size Synapses ;)

Hey, that is VERY good to know! You've just prompted me to consider a new use for my SA -- for packing a picnic, complete with a nice bottle of wine :)
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Hey, that is VERY good to know! You've just prompted me to consider a new use for my SA -- for packing a picnic, complete with a nice bottle of wine :)
    I splurged today and spent a whole $6 on a bottle of Moscato. That's as fancy as I get!
    taminca likes this.

I splurged today and spent a whole $6 on a bottle of Moscato. That's as fancy as I get!
    I do believe that is a California wine... so you have excellent taste! :)
    -- David Whyte

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0