Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Synapse 25 and what I did to it:

Synapse 25 and what I did to it:

Hi, I whanted to share, what I did to my bag:

First I have to give jujigatame cradit for having the idea and showing the pictures here: Paracord pulls on my Brain Bag Thank you for that!

Now my reasons: First I bought a S19 which I adore because it is really beautyfull and so well organiced. BUT it is too small for me in too ways: I am one of those women who like to have EVERYTHING in her bag just in case, and I am quit tall (6,2 I had to look this up because here we say: 1,88 m) so the S19 did not really fit my back well.
    What to do? I bought the S25 in the gougers colors nordic/solar. When it came I emiditly loved the colors, but I thought: it is to big for me, it looked more like a backpack for a guy. Beeing tall I am maybee a bit overavare of big things. I do not like to underline the fact that I am tall with tall things (sounds stupid?).
    At first I toled my huspand, that he can have the S25. But in the night I could not sleep, because the S19 was still too small. So the next day I put everything in the S25 and it fitted so well. With space to spare, what is necessary with three children who give their stuff to me for storech when we are out and about.
    So I found the post linked at the top of this one. I bought me some girly para cord and here is what my husband did for me and my bag. (I think he was a little disappointed that I took the bag back from him, but he gracelessly did not let it show).
    Name:  2014.03. S25 2xLila.jpg
Views: 1293
Size:  631.2 KBName:  2014.03. S25 Front.jpg
Views: 1300
Size:  766.6 KBName:  2014.03. S25 Griff.jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  476.6 KB

I am not shure if I whant to keep the handle like this. It carries very well but I might chance it for blue.
    I did two zippers in purple just for easier finding the right pocked.

Ilkyway

I like the paracord a lot. As an owner of Synapse(s) myself, I know it helps to differentiate the pockets that way.
    I would not worry about it looking like a man's backpack, even without the extra pulls! It's a very pretty color.

yes I like the color so much myself! I so your S19 in that very same color and my fingers itch to by one. But it would be stupid having the steel/uv S19, so if ever I needed a smaller backpack...
    I think the TB-Buck bit me.

Love that handle! I've wanted to do that to my steel S25 only in kiwi colored paracord. I'm inspired but clumsy. Are there instructions someplace, with pictures, lots of pictures?
    taminca likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Love that handle! I've wanted to do that to my steel S25 only in kiwi colored paracord. I'm inspired but clumsy. Are there instructions someplace, with pictures, lots of pictures?
    @Moose In the Padded grab handle on Large Cafe bag thread, @Spydermann linked to a YouTube video, How to wrap a backpack handle with paracord ( tutorial Cobra stitch ) - YouTube:

HTH

moriond, thank you!! I have wanted to do this so much I already have the close to kiwi colored paracord. I can't get to it until tomorrow, but, I'm on it.
    Thanks bunches,
    Moose

That is the exact video we found on youtube to do the handle. I am somewhat clumsy myself, so my husband had to do it, but it took him about 20 min, so if I had to do it myself I might have managed in about two hours (one hour for whatching and understanding and the other hour for trying till it is as neat as I want it to be).

What I am saying: Moose you can do it!
    Moose likes this.

One thought regarding color coding pulls. I used the same color for all pulls that open to the right and used black for the left side. It seems to make entry quicker.

Probably more helpful on my Brain Bag.

For me it was important to tell the two horizontal and the two vertical apart. Now I know from every ankle which pocked is which. My brain seems to have no difficulty to distinquish between horizontel and Vertical, but I always confused the upper horizontal with the lower horizontal and the left vertical with the right vertical.

Well now I am confused again, but it works and that is the imported think!

Ilkyway

Since TB and crew are supporting EDC Forums I hope this is ok, if not please ditch it. There is a paracord thread here What do I do with this paracord stuff? | EDCForums that covers a LOT of bag handles, bracelets, key fobs, you name it. In a couple of places there are really good instructions too.
    Moose

Finally got around to wrapping my handle as well. Thanks for the tip. Debating on getting some glow in the dark paracord and wrapping it then getting black with tracers paracord to wrap on top.

@chrisc983

Great work on the handle wrap! BTW - on the 2nd picture, you have what looks like a phone case attached to your backpack. Can you tell me who makes it and how it attaches (and if you like it)?

Thanks

Cheers!
    Zephyr (Black/Steel), S25 (Black/Iberian), SA (Black/Steel), BB (Back/Steel), A45 (Black/Iberian), TS (Black/Iberian), WF (/Crimson/Steel), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel), , CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Steel/Indigo Stripe), Vertical Brain Cells, FS, Camera I/O, 400d Nordic PCBP/PCSB/TT, SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket, YSS

I second that @tpnl. If you would please, @chrisc983, tell us more about that little case :)

It's actually an old HP neoprene digital camera case that I repurposed. It's rather small and fits my work phone. A Samsung S3 mini. It's works for now as it had a compartment for my business cards and flash drive.

I will have to look into something bigger once the IPhone 6 comes out though. I may go with the maxpedition TC-2 pouch or Skinth pouch depending on the dimensions when Applr releases the phone.

I wish TB would make a phone holster or pouches to attach to the straps.

Edit: forgot to answer how it was attached. I just used two zip ties to mount it to the webbing. I was going to get some Velcro but it works for now.
    Last edited by chrisc983; 07-09-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    jess likes this.

Looks great chrisc983, I like your tone in tone approach. I think somewhere down the road I will try a less contrasty wrap. How does it work for you? I am still happy with how my S25 carries now.

And I too would like to know what tpnl asked. You can not jut post pouches/bags here without identifying them in like this ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0