Like Tree11Likes
  • 11 Post By KmK

Thread: New Love

KmK

New Love

Name:  photo (1).JPG
Views: 490
Size:  176.9 KB I love my new Nordic Side Effect! Love the color combo with solar, love the contrast with the Ultraviolet interior of my Large Cafe Bag, love the way it holds all of the bits and bobs in a tidy contained way while still being flexible...squishable, if you will. That is the one big bonus I find between the Dyneema version of this bag and the Ballistic. Both are solid, durable, well-serving, bags...but I like the give that the Dyneema has. It easily holds what you see in the picture--Which includes a pencil pouch with four writing instruments and a small leather cover with two Fieldnotes notebooks inside. My phone is also usually in there along with a granola bar as well. Pop that puppy into the LCB with lunch, a book, and my students' papers, and voila, streamlined awesomeness.

Thank you for this picture, I am waiting for mine and this makes waiting a little easier. I am hoping that this one is something in between the Ballistic and the normal Dynemma beeing the tuffer material from the outside of the bags?
    As you I like the give of the Dynemma but find my 200 Dynemma SE too sloggy to use as a purse. I only use that one as a pouch in a bag. For a purse I use my Ballistic SE because it keeps its form better and therefore looks more grownup (does that make sense to you?).

Long story short: how does this one compare to the 200 Dynemma SE's?

Ilkyway

KmK
    Ilkyway,

Well, the outer Dyneema is the 400d so it already has a bit more heft to it and then it is lined with Solar in 200d. So...I think you'll find it much more "composed" than 200d alone. It keeps its shape but maintains flexibility...which also makes it graciously accepting of a few more items or items of a non square/rectangle shape. Did I mention that I love this bag? :) And the red zipper threads make me smile.

Yes, the zipper threads look great. Thank you for confirming my hopes. Looking at nice pictures of bags "on the way" is very nice!
    By the way, I love the new Metalic-Zippers. They allow for threading nice cord in (like you did) or for low-profile more classic appearance without any cord.

Ilkyway

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0