Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Nordic Pilot, a Perfect Fit!

@Tam my new Steel/UV Pilot did arrive...and although it was gorgeous, I have to say I greatly prefer the light silky feel of the dyneema. So I trotted off to the TB store and traded it in for black dyneema/wasabi model. There was a beautiful nordic/solar version available, but too bright and conspicuous for my purposes. But I am really happy with my black dyneema Pilotess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    @Tam my new Steel/UV Pilot did arrive...and although it was gorgeous, I have to say I greatly prefer the light silky feel of the dyneema. So I trotted off to the TB store and traded it in for black dyneema/wasabi model. There was a beautiful nordic/solar version available, but too bright and conspicuous for my purposes. But I am really happy with my black dyneema Pilotess.
    Glad you are happy! Hmm... I wonder why the Pilot (and Co-Pilot) is not offered in Parapack...since the Brain Bag and both Synapses are. Is size the factor? Or, perhaps, form is?
    Last edited by taminca; 02-28-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    It was a case of love at first sight for me with the Synapse 19, which has been my go-to, favorite EDC since I discovered Tom Bihn. I welcomed the release of the Pilot, seeing it as an alternative bag for work, but only for days when I have to be a little more formal.

As soon as it was available, I got the Black/Wasabi Pilot. But it was not love at first sight... or second sight with a Black Dyneema/Wasabi one. I didn't swoon. It was boxy. Not graceful as my beautiful Imago, which I love, but which lacks the organization that makes the Synapse my go-to bag. Both Pilots went back to Seattle. (Thank goodness for TB's customer service and generous return policy! And that I live on the West Coast!)

Then I was bitten by the Nordic/Solar bug and thought... Hmm... let's give the Pilot a third try. If not for a work bag, then for a compact camera bag. When the Nordic/Solar Pilot arrived, I swooned. But it was more because of the color combination than the Pilot, itself. Until today.

Attachment 5681

I was putting on a boring, conservative black suit (but with a blue shirt!) this morning and thought of Yoda Sloth's comment in the Pilot thread about carrying the Nordic Pilot to a formal meeting and that the color really "popped" against a black suit. So inspired, I decided to take the Nordic Pilot out for the day.

Everything I carry daily in my S19 fits perfectly in the Pilot, with a bit of room to spare. Side Effect (my purse) in left front pocket. Umbrella in middle front pocket (it actually rained today in California!). Keys, pen, Nordic Dyneema Organizer Wallet holding business cards, small Padded Pouch holding iPod and earbuds, and iPhone in the right front pocket. And in the main compartment: iPad Air in Cache attached to rails; UV Dyneema 3D Fabric Organizer Cube with my compact camera and various cleaning cloths/wipes; medium Wasabi Dyneema Clear Organizer Pouch for misc documents; size 4 Aubergine Knitting Tool Pouch storing my Verizon Jetpack mobile hotspot; and water bottle. (BTW I don't knit but LOVE the size 4 Knitting Tool Pouches and have found so many uses for them!)

My packed Pilot had a wonderful fit and balance... and was perfectly organized! It also made me realize just how much "unused capacity" I had in the Synapse 19. The Absolute Shoulder Strap made for a comfortable cross-body or one-shoulder carry. And the Nordic is gorgeous to boot!

And when I got to my office, I realized that the Nordic Pilot fits perfectly there. It's simply meant to be...

Attachment 5679

Attachment 5680

I have a business trip tomorrow involving air travel. I'm taking the Nordic Pilot. (Side note to moriond: this might make returning the parapack Navy/Solar S19 a bit easier.)

And, yes, my desk is that tidy most of the time because I am a neat freak :)

Just had to ask: is that huge ball your desk chair? If so, how does that work for you? Or is it your exercise device?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Just had to ask: is that huge ball your desk chair? If so, how does that work for you? Or is it your exercise device?
    Yes to both -- desk chair AND exercise ball! I find sitting on a large exercise ball much more comfortable than in a chair (even an expensive ergonomic one). And I can do stretching and core strengthening exercises in my office -- some even as I'm working at my desk. I highly recommend it. Just make sure the exercise ball is burst resistant and brace yourself when you sneeze (I almost fell off the ball the first time I did).
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0