• 12 Post By taminca
  • 1 Post By luvdabags
  • 1 Post By Yoda Sloth
  • 2 Post By Moose
  • 1 Post By taminca
  • 1 Post By taminca

Thread: Third Time's the Charm with Nordic

Third Time's the Charm with Nordic

First, I tried the large Nordic Shop Bag and, then, I tried the Nordic/Steel Synapse 19. I returned them both and got, instead, their Steel Dyneema counterparts. While gorgeous in all the photos I've seen, in person, Nordic just did not give me heart palpitations.

This weekend, while placing an order for my longed-for Aubergine/Wasabi Side Effect, which just came back into stock, I decided to try out a Synapse 25 as a camera bag. (After all, shipping costs the same, right?) Looking through the S25 options, I saw that Nordic/Solar was available and thought, "Why not?" After all, there MUST be something to all the gushing adoration from Forum Members about Nordic/Solar (in the Pilot, most recently).

Well, I got home tonight, opened my TB box, then... ba-boom, ba-BOOM, BA-BOOM!!! I don't think it was all the coffee that I've had today (which was balanced by the very healthy salad I had for lunch). So, this must be the reason...

Name:  P1010390m.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  556.6 KB

And this...

Name:  P1010394m.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  658.3 KB

And this...

Name:  P1010392m.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  673.4 KB

Bowing in humble apology to all the Nordic lovers whose good taste I've doubted until now,
    Taminca

(Unless it was the Aubergine/Wasabi Side Effect that caused the palpitations? Hmm...)
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I think it is the Aubergine and Nordic together. I have that combo, and it is amazing!
    taminca likes this.

What do you intend to use the Side Effect for? I occasionally use mine as a hip-pack.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

I seem to like some bags in dyneema more than others, same with Nordic - so maybe the S25 is what finally "works" for you in Nordic?

Although the Aubergine SE does give one a sense of awe - so it could be overwhelming your senses and making it impossible to see the S25 objectively :)
    taminca likes this.

Nordic is nice but aubergine is amazing. I bought a Tri Star, Side Effect and Kit as quickly as I could. I "need" two large Shop Bags. I've already decided one will be Nordic.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    I think it is the Aubergine and Nordic together. I have that combo, and it is amazing!
    It IS awesome looking, luvdabags! I might have to get more Nordic (gasp!).
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    What do you intend to use the Side Effect for? I occasionally use mine as a hip-pack.
    I've been using my Black/Wasabi SE as a purse, using the included shoulder strap. The Aubergine/Wasabi I'm planning to use to hold the glass filters for my SLR camera. Was trying out a Packing Cube and a Clear Quarter Packing Cube for that purpose, but decided I want a bit more padding to protect the filters.
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Sloth View Post
    I seem to like some bags in dyneema more than others, same with Nordic - so maybe the S25 is what finally "works" for you in Nordic?
    Could be... It's the day after, and I still love the Nordic. It "looks" different to me than it did on the Shop Bag and S19 that I tried previously. Perhaps it is the combination of Nordic and Solar.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Sloth View Post
    Although the Aubergine SE does give one a sense of awe - so it could be overwhelming your senses and making it impossible to see the S25 objectively :)
    So So true on the awe that Aubergine has always inspired in me! It is definitely my favorite TB color and I'm wishing as hard as I can that the geniuses there will find a way to create and offer Aubergine Parapack. I think my Savings might be in danger of depletion if that ever happens!
    moriond likes this.
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Nordic is nice but aubergine is amazing. I bought a Tri Star, Side Effect and Kit as quickly as I could. I "need" two large Shop Bags. I've already decided one will be Nordic.
    You won't get an argument from me on Aubergine being amazing! I have an Aubergine Western Flyer and love it. Also tried the Aeronaut in Aubergine but it was so heavy that I switched to Black Dyneema (was in my Nordic-hate phase then). Love my Black Dy Aero, but will have to start watching the Tri Star page to see if a Nordic option would pop up. I might be tempted...
    -- David Whyte

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0