Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By bchaplin
  • 2 Post By hamiltee
  • 1 Post By eightspokedb
  • 1 Post By scribe

Thread: Steel/ UV Pilot and Olive para pack Side Effect

Steel/ UV Pilot and Olive para pack Side Effect

Like the new pilot very much. Shown with the Olive Side Effect in the front pocket.

I notice there are two zipper sizes.

The Olive/UV Side Effect is nice. The parapack material slides in and out of the front pocket smoothly, but still provides a little structure. I like the UV interior a lot.

I might have chosen a steel or black color for the Side Effect instead, but this was the only parapack version with an interior color I wanted. I would have preferred if the green were a more subdued shade; to me it is a little too "green" and not olive enough, if that makes sense. I am showing it next to a wasabi item to give a sense of the color.

Last edited by bchaplin; 02-10-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Wow, olive parapack is really different from wasabi dyneema!

Great pics; thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing olive represented like how your pic shows up on my screen, and wasabi is accurate. I like/love this green. However when I ask, most people say, it's closer to original olive and more drab. So which is it?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I keep seeing olive represented like how your pic shows up on my screen, and wasabi is accurate. I like/love this green. However when I ask, most people say, it's closer to original olive and more drab. So which is it?
    Here's a picture of my Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in olive Parapack next to my Olive Cordura MCB in two different lighting conditions.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  884.9 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  676.9 KB

In the top picture, you can see the lighting highlights the different "thread count/size" of the two materials. The roughness in the Cordura may make it a bit more olive than the smoother Parapack, and the Parapack has that sheen to the color. However, I think the two olives are essentially the same.

I'm so surprised. You're right, the olive parapack is the same color as the cordura. I looked at them myself, since I have an olive cordura Cafe Bag. I guess it is the shininess that makes them appear so different.

Anyway, the olive parapack Side Effect is growing on me. I carried around today and I think the material is really wonderful.

to us green freaks - the olive/wasabi Side Effect would be heaven!!!!

Nice combo - but then I would say that, seeing as how I've just ordered a Steel/UV Tri-Star and an Olive/UV Side Effect :)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0