Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Can anyone point me to a photo of a Black Dyneema/Wasabi Co-Pilot or Pilot?

Can anyone point me to a photo of a Black Dyneema/Wasabi Co-Pilot or Pilot?

I am still struggling with whether the nordic/solar is right for me, or if I should return to my black/green roots... I like different color combos on different bags, so would love to see the black dyneema/wasabi combo on the CP/Pilot form.

I have looked in all the obvious places (to me anyway) and haven't seen a photo of this combination.

thanks.

Volunteer Moderator
    There aren't many pictures that show the Wasabi interior well for the Co-Pilot, and I've seen no pictures yet for the Pilot in this combination. Here's one review from the Dafacto Blog

You'll have better luck finding this color combination (black 400d Dyneema/ Wasabi) in pictures of other bags, like the Synapse

Maybe Tizi could post pictures?

This picture was posted in the thread 'co-pilot at work'. There's one other shot where you can sort of see the wasabi lining. I'd look at pictures of the side effect in this combo. I also was in the same quandary, and I went with steel Dyneema. Side by side in person, I'm just partial to steel over black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MtnMan likes this.
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Nordic/Solar S25 * Wishlist: New 400d Color

Thanks! Very helpful!

Here you go. Hope this helps.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1504
Size:  441.7 KB

Views: 1521
Size:  581.3 KB

Views: 1477
Size:  510.7 KB

Views: 1459
Size:  392.4 KB

Beautiful - thanks!

Beautiful photos! I ordered mine in black dyneema/wasabi also. Did NOT think of adding the wasabi key strap though. I use a long UV keystrap for my personal keys & a long cayenne keystrap for my work keys.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Beautiful photos! I ordered mine in black dyneema/wasabi also. Did NOT think of adding the wasabi key strap though. I use a long UV keystrap for my personal keys & a long cayenne keystrap for my work keys.
    Yes, I only pressed the "Like" button when @WisBags' post appeared, but these are the best pictures of the Black 400d Dyneema/Wasabi Co-Pilot that I've seen. There are very good pictures of the outer bag (including mjpinter's images in the Co-Pilot at Work thread that kkintea mentioned earlier), but none that I've found that display the inner Wasabi lining so well. I'm guessing that Black Dyneema/Wasabi is the Pilot combination I'll be keeping, though I later asked them to send the Nordic/Solar combination, too, for me to see in person.

I have the 16" Wasabi Dyneema key strap, but I also really like the older 16" Wasabi (solid color Cordura) key strap that they no longer sell. @Walker I was surprised to see your addition of the Little Swift in 400d Black Dyneema/Iberian to your Pilot order. (I'm more of a Swift/Little Swift and Synapse user than a Co-Pilot user, but I may end up using the Pilot a lot more! If any of your other Little Swifts need a good home (especially the one in Cork), you think of me!).

By the way, I really, really like the texture of the Black 400d Dyneema -- more so than the versions in Nordic and Steel. You don't feel the grid pattern of the white Dyneema, and the flexibility is excellent.

@kkintea My Synapse 25 is the 400d Steel Dyneema. I'm a big fan of light/contrasting interior colours in these enclosed bags, so the 400d Steel/Steel Dyneema Pilot was never a serious option for me. Maybe if they had paired it with Ultraviolet…

I appreciate the natural (ambient) daylight used in the above photos, as well as the close-up angles. (Macro photography used?) This combination produces superior detail and lighting on the Co-Pilots, making it easier to see both the color contrasts and the surface details. This makes these photos much more useful to those of us who have't seen these colors and textures in person. The presence of keystraps, human hands and other items also helps people appreciate the size and proportions of the Co-Pilot.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

If these photos aren't posted to the Tom Bihn account on Flickr, they should be immediately.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Sloth View Post
    I am still struggling with whether the nordic/solar is right for me, or if I should return to my black/green roots... I like different color combos on different bags, so would love to see the black dyneema/wasabi combo on the CP/Pilot form.

I have looked in all the obvious places (to me anyway) and haven't seen a photo of this combination.

thanks.
    I just got my Black Dyneema / Wasabi Pilot yesterday *it's a beautiful colour combo (which is probably why I also have it [though Ballistic-ally] on my Tri-Star].

Here are some unfortunately shoddy iPhotos of my Pilot, and the Pilot / Tri-Star for comparison! My SLR is in a house under renovations.... and the nice weather, well that just didn't show up for an outdoor photoshoot. :)

The interior uses Wasabi much more sparingly than a larger multi-compartment bag like the Tri-Star does the impression you get when looking inside is that it's almost equally black Dyneema shining through (insofar as a black Dyneema can) as Wasabi Dyneema. The exterior walls of the middle coffee-mug compartment are also made out of a different material than either Dyneemae, entirely it might be a variant of the Ultrasuede which lines the gadget pockets on the right and left, but it feels more meshy either way, it's a surprise to see that compartment breathable (considering there's a grommet in the bottom to remove moisture, as well).

Name:  10tTLEj.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  618.4 KB

Name:  1OJe57e.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  665.1 KB

Thanks, Trevorro, for posting the pics. My pilot (same color combo) is arriving tomorrow. Gonna be a looooooong day at work!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I decided to keep my Nordic/Solar pilot - cut off its tags yesterday and took it to work. Today its on its first trip - flying from Seattle to DC today. So far, its a delight to carry :)

If I later decide that I want the (also beautiful) black/wasabi - I am sure my fellow TB enablers will be happy to remind me that there is nothing "wrong" with having 2 pilots - one in nordic/solar when I need to be cheered up in the Seattle grayness, and one in black/wasabi when I want to look "serious"....

Pilot at Chicago O'Hare atop the had-to-take-a-suit-and-couldn't-pack-it-in-the-S25 rollerboard. Plus, I was testing out all the carry options, including the overhandle slide.

Name:  photo (9).JPG
Views: 1133
Size:  63.5 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Sloth View Post
    Pilot at Chicago O'Hare atop the had-to-take-a-suit-and-couldn't-pack-it-in-the-S25 rollerboard. Plus, I was testing out all the carry options, including the overhandle slide.

Name:  photo (9).JPG
Views: 1133
Size:  63.5 KB
    That's just beautiful, Yoda Sloth!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0